PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vow to correct their mistakes

stillers4me
12-25-2010, 07:39 AM
The Steelers are home for the holidays, but they aren't about to spread the Christmas cheer after a 27-3 victory over the Carolina Panthers that was dominant yet disappointing.

The offense accounted for 408 yards and three touchdowns but left the locker room knowing its ineffectiveness in the red zone leaves room for improvement. The defense forced an interception and four sacks — including one on a fourth-and-5 at their own 32 — but dwelled on missing tackles early and allowing a field goal late that prevented a shutout.

"We haven't put together a complete game yet," outside linebacker James Harrison said. "That's something we really need to start working on as we roll towards January football. We kind of hold ourselves to a high standard. If we don't play the way we expect ourselves to play, then it's disappointing — whether it's a win or a loss."............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_715322.html

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Omgz guyz! The players aren't satisfied with a win! Let's all ridicule them for being such Scrooges!

HometownGal
12-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Omgz guyz! The players aren't satisfied with a win! Let's all ridicule them for being such Scrooges!

How 'bout we ridicule you instead for being a smart ass? ;) :heh:

If we don't play the way we expect ourselves to play, then it's disappointing — whether it's a win or a loss."

Well then James - seems to me you and the rest of the team have some film to watch and some work to do if you want that "complete game".

Galax Steeler
12-26-2010, 07:04 AM
I hope they start putting together some complete games going into January.

Count Steeler
12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I have every confidence in this team, once the playoffs start. With our backs against the wall, Ben will take over the offense and move the team as only he can. The defense will get healthy and will be able to give some teams fits. If we play the Pats, my game plan is pressure on defense and no huddle on offense, all game long. Let's beat them 52-45 if need be. However, I don't think our D, with Aaron Smith back in the lineup, will be as pourous as we appeared against the Pats earlier this season. I think the Steelers are legitimate contenders for SB XLV, especially if we get healthy.

steeldawg
12-26-2010, 07:35 AM
as longs as the game ends with us in th W column i dont care how we do it.

HometownGal
12-26-2010, 08:23 AM
as longs as the game ends with us in th W column i dont care how we do it.

Bite your tongue - that positive 'tude is frowned upon around here. :heh: :lol: The Steelers must put 80+ on the board and hold all opponents to ZERO points - you obviously didn't get the Memo. :heh:

That's where I'm at. While I'd love nothing more than to see the Steelers kick the ass of every team they play up and down the field, I know that isn't reality and as long as they get the W at the end of the day or night, I'm a happy camper.

steelpride12
12-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I love how this time comes up with a blow out win and all they can talk about is the negatives and the plays they left out on the field. This shows our Steelers will vow for perfection and until they get it right will never be happy, shows they are not cocky and will play smart football, I love it!