PDA

View Full Version : Which Steelers are having a Pro bowl caliber season?

zulater
12-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm not asking who will get selected, I'm not asking you to compare a player to others that play his position around the league, I'm just asking which Steelers player's you believe are having good enough seasons that they legitimately deserve an invite to the Pro Bowl.

I can think of at least 8, but I'll start with Mike Wallace. The guy's putting up great numbers, I think he's already surpassed Santonio Holmes' career best output with a week to go. Looking around the AFC, I'm not sure who gets in, but Wallace has sure as hell had a Pro Bowl caliber season all the same.

SteelerSal
12-24-2010, 08:55 PM
Wallace, Troy and I believe Pouncey deserves to go.

Thats about it. IMO

zulater
12-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Wallace, Troy and I believe Pouncey deserves to go.

Thats about it. IMO

No Harrison, or Timmons?

zulater
12-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Personally I think Mendenhall, Pouncey, Wallace, Ben, Harrison, Farrior, Timmons, and Troy are all playing at a level worthy of Pro Bowl consideration.

steelcityboyzs
12-24-2010, 09:29 PM
I would say.

Pouncy
Harrison
Polomalu
Ike Taylor Quietly having a good season.
James Farrior
I wish I could have listed more for the Offense, but it's been less than stellar.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2010, 09:32 PM
1) Troy Polamalu
2) James Harrison
3) Lawrence Timmons
4) Maurkice Pouncey
5) Keyaron Fox (Special Teams)
6) Mike Wallace

Some guys that are for sure going to get left out but could make somewhat of an argument are Rashard Mendenhall, James Farrior, and Casey Hampton.

The Duke
12-25-2010, 01:58 AM
While I hope none are elected, Pouncey, wallace, harrison, timmons, potsie and big snack

Really hope if one is elected is pouncey though. Kid is playing out of his mind right now. And he's being getting a lot of coverage by the media, so it wouldn't surprise me

Craic
12-25-2010, 02:19 AM
I am not sure I'd put Ben in there this year. 3 QB's go... does anyone believe that this year, Ben has been one of the 3 best QB's in the AFC? I don't. Not this year. Of course, now that the playoffs are coming around the corner, he is starting to really heat up. I'd rather have that anyway!

Troy absolutely should go.

Pouncey should probably go as a second or third string. He should also get Rookie MVP.

Timmons had a bead on it, but seems to have dropped off in the last few weeks-probably due to Troy P. being out (having to cover some of his assignments in the pass protection).

Mendy has been good, but not Pro-bowl caliber.

Harrison should go, but won't.

I'd see Farrior going if someone had to drop out.

steelreserve
12-25-2010, 03:07 AM
Polamalu, Wallace, and Pouncey. Ben and Harrison are probably having good enough years, but they'll never get it.

Galax Steeler
12-25-2010, 05:59 AM
Polamalu, Wallace, and Pouncey. Ben and Harrison are probably having good enough years, but they'll never get it.

Right on those are the three that I think deserves it.

HollywoodSteel
12-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Another guy I think I might consider pro-bowl worthy, but will never even be considered, is Keisel. He's been outstanding this year at both pass and run defense, but of course, he's a 3-4 DE. No one even notices him.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Why do you say that? There isn't a LBer in the NFL who's having a better all around season than James. The only one close is Clay Mathews and he doesn't have nearly as many tackles or forced fumbles.

Psycho Ward 86
12-25-2010, 10:28 AM

Yeah cuz he's not leading all AFC OLB's in probowl voting or anything :)

st33lersguy
12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Harrison, Timmons, Wallace, Pouncey, Big Ben, Polamalu, Potsie, Mendenhall

salamander
12-25-2010, 11:19 AM

I was just about to say that he's the top vote getter in that position at this juncture. Such is life in the NFL.

CPanther95
12-25-2010, 11:23 AM
1) Troy Polamalu
2) James Harrison
3) Lawrence Timmons
4) Maurkice Pouncey
5) Keyaron Fox (Special Teams)
6) Mike Wallace

Some guys that are for sure going to get left out but could make somewhat of an argument are Rashard Mendenhall, James Farrior, and Casey Hampton.

Those 6 are exactly my list - no more, no less - with Ben probably the 2nd Alternate.

The Duke
12-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Another guy I think I might consider pro-bowl worthy, but will never even be considered, is Keisel. He's been outstanding this year at both pass and run defense, but of course, he's a 3-4 DE. No one even notices him.

when he's played he's being great, but missed quite a few games with injury

Akagi
12-25-2010, 01:29 PM
OK...

Harrison, definitely.
Wallace, but we don't throw to him often enough. A receiver needs 100 receptions usually.
Polamalu, definitely.
Pouncey, but he won't get in because he's a rookie.

Woodley, maybe not quite. Timmons, I thought so earlier in the season, but I'm going to give another "not quite".

So that's it for me, those four. Thing is, there are other Steelers having good years, but can you really say, for example, Mendenhall, and ignore all the other backs around the league who are having great years? Foster, Jones-Drew, Johnson? Other teams have good guys too, after all.

steelerdude15
12-26-2010, 12:26 AM
O lets see here... Troy, Mikey W, Maurkice, Lawrence, Harrison, Farrior, and Mendy. That would be my list.

HometownGal
12-26-2010, 06:39 AM

This. ^^.

For those who vote for Harrison, Goodumbell will find you and fine ya. :heh:

HollywoodSteel
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
I was just about to say that he's the top vote getter in that position at this juncture. Such is life in the NFL.

To be perfectly honest with you, it's because he defends every blade of grass.

Craic
12-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Why do you say that? There isn't a LBer in the NFL who's having a better all around season than James. The only one close is Clay Mathews and he doesn't have nearly as many tackles or forced fumbles.

Why?

Because I seriously believe that Good-Deal will find a way to keep "the bad boy" out of the game. After all, why reward bad behavior-since that is basically what Der Kommisar has determined it to be.

He should be there no questions asked. Heck, he should probably get DPOY (or Troy), but again, I think politics in the league will rear its ugly head before the time for the game comes. I sure hope I am wrong however.

Craic
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
For those who vote for Harrison, Goodumbell will find you and fine ya. :heh:

Bingo.

zulater
12-26-2010, 07:30 PM
I think Harrison will be selected, and if he doesn't play it will be of his own choosing, the Super Bowl, or injury. I really don't think Goodell will rig the vote against him.

7SteelGal43
12-26-2010, 07:36 PM
EVERY DAMN ONE OF 'EM !

oh, sorry....was having a total 'homer' moment.

86WARD
12-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Pouncey
Wallace
Polamalu
Harrison
Timmons

X-Terminator
12-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Why?

Because I seriously believe that Good-Deal will find a way to keep "the bad boy" out of the game. After all, why reward bad behavior-since that is basically what Der Kommisar has determined it to be.

He should be there no questions asked. Heck, he should probably get DPOY (or Troy), but again, I think politics in the league will rear its ugly head before the time for the game comes. I sure hope I am wrong however.

If Harrison gets voted in, there will be absolutely nothing the league can do about it without destroying the little integrity they have left. They can, however, ensure that he doesn't win DPOY though.

Craic
12-27-2010, 12:14 AM
If Harrison gets voted in, there will be absolutely nothing the league can do about it without destroying the little integrity they have left. They can, however, ensure that he doesn't win DPOY though.

Oh, it'd be easy to do... and it'd be couched in such great care as well... "Because this is James' 5th or 6th fine, it has been determined that it is not enough. He is thereby disqualified from the probowl."

And all the pretty-boys who prance up and down the field and cry if they get touched will stand up and cheer, along with their fans.

zulater
12-27-2010, 05:24 AM
What about Ike Taylor? Anyone think he's having a Pro Bowl worthy season?