PDA

View Full Version : No fine for Steelers' Clark for Jets hit

stillers4me
12-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Steelers free safety Ryan Clark will not be fined for a hit in last Sunday's game that drew a penalty for unnecessary roughness.

Clark got flagged for a helmet to helmet hit on Braylon Edwards though replays showed that he had, in fact, hit the New York Jets wide receiver in the chest after a 15-yard catch...............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_715309.html

ALLD
12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Do we get the 15 yards and TD back?

BigNastyDefense
12-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Big fucking deal. It was a clean hit that should have never been flagged. But instead, we lost the game and maybe we don't if it wasn't for ANOTHER horseshit call by the refs.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2010, 01:27 PM
LOL. Goodell is so consistent...

The Duke
12-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Good!

But it's sad it's gotten to the point where it's news that a LEGAL hit isn't gonna draw a fine

oneforthetoe
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I am starting to wonder if some of the owners got ahold of Goodell and told him to pull off a little. Seems like the last few weeks the the NFL has backed off.

Borski
12-25-2010, 01:26 AM
I am starting to wonder if some of the owners got ahold of Goodell and told him to pull off a little. Seems like the last few weeks the the NFL has backed off.

I dunno, the fined 16 people in week 15 http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5954387

TheRuneMeister
12-25-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm confused. Wasn't this the one where he launched himself into the opponent? That is supposed to be illegal and finable. If he doesn't get fined for that, then a few players have valid grounds for appealing fines that were imposed earlier in the year.
Also, I thought I understood the emphasis (I'd call it a rule change), but if that one was legal, then I'm back to # 1

solardave
12-25-2010, 04:59 AM
QUOTE=The Duke;114405]Good!

But it's sad it's gotten to the point where it's news that a LEGAL hit isn't gonna draw a fine[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if I was in charge and wanted to show players the proper way to hit hard without malice that would be one of the hits I'd show them but I guess I'd have to add this disclaimer: "this is legal unless you play for the Steelers". It's OK to hit a Steeler in this fashion or even a little higher using your helmet if necessary,don't worry we won't call it and if it appears to be close we'll call ofensive interference on Hines Ward!!!! I can't get paid under the Table by J. Jones or Kraft if the damn Steelers keep winning SBs.:sarcasm:

Galax Steeler
12-25-2010, 06:35 AM
They are going to call what they want to no matter if it is a bullshit call or not.

SteelerFanInStl
12-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I dunno, the fined 16 people in week 15 http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5954387

Yea, funny how Kroy Biermann got fined $15k because it was his 3rd illegal hit this season. Gee, James got fined $75k because he was a 'repeat offender'. The NFL is completely random in handing out these fines.

st33lersguy
12-25-2010, 09:34 AM
It is a christmas miracle that Clark wasn't fined.

NCSteeler
12-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Yea, funny how Kroy Biermann got fined $15k because it was his 3rd illegal hit this season. Gee, James got fined $75k because he was a 'repeat offender'. The NFL is completely random in handing out these fines.

What a JOKE this has all become.

steelerdude15
12-26-2010, 12:32 AM
:thumbsup:

smokin3000gt
12-26-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm confused. Wasn't this the one where he launched himself into the opponent? That is supposed to be illegal and finable. If he doesn't get fined for that, then a few players have valid grounds for appealing fines that were imposed earlier in the year.
Also, I thought I understood the emphasis (I'd call it a rule change), but if that one was legal, then I'm back to # 1

They didn't flag him for launching, they flagged him for 'helmet to helmet' which it wasn't. And I am sure there are more then just a few players that have valid grounds for an appeal

Godfather
12-26-2010, 09:16 AM

Was it based on a certain percentage of their salaries?

O'Malley
12-26-2010, 11:07 AM

Yeah I was under the impression that once your a repeat offender your fines went up each time. Guess you have to be a Steeler for that to happen.

stlrtruck
12-26-2010, 11:53 AM
And in other news the NFL officiating crews are inconsistent and don't know the rules and Der Kommish has no answer for it.