PDA

View Full Version : If Steelers beat Browns ...

BnG_Hevn
12-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Do they take the second seed or do they need to win and the Jets drop 1 of the next two? It seems to me that if the Jets win out they get the second seed for head to head.

stlrtruck
12-24-2010, 08:50 AM
The Steelers secure the number two spot with a win next week. They can also clinch this weekend with a ratbird loss and I believe KC.

HollywoodSteel
12-24-2010, 08:51 AM
If we beat the Browns...

I believe if the Jets win out and the Patriots lose out, the Jets would take their division and the #2 seed over us. If the Jets just win the next two without Patriot help, they'd have the same record as us but they'd be a wild card, so obviously a lower seed. The Jets can only win their division if the Patriots lose the next two.

Never going to happen.

BigNastyDefense
12-24-2010, 09:17 AM
WHEN the Steelers beat the Browns, they will clinch the AFC North and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

If the Jets win out, they would need the Patriots to lose their final two games so the Jets can win the AFC East. If that were to happen, the Jets would then have the #1 seed and the Steelers the #2 seed, and the Patriots would be a Wild Card team with the #5 seed.

If the Jets win out and the Patriots win out, the Patriots would win the AFC East and get the #1 seed, with the Jets taking a Wild Card and the #6 seed.

Here is how it will all play out if all the division winners and current wild cards win out:

#1. New England Patriots (AFC East Champs)
#2. Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC North Champs)
#3. Kansas City Chiefs (AFC West Champs)
#4. Indianapolis Colts (AFC South Champs)
#5. Baltimore Ravens (Wild Card)
#6 New York Jets (Wild Card)

Division winners get higher seeds than wild card teams, no matter the record. The only way a wild card team would have a home playoff game would be if both wild card teams made it to the AFC Championship Game.

salamander
12-24-2010, 09:34 AM
As was said already, the Steelers just need to win next week and the #2 is theirs.

They can clinch the #2 seed this week if the Ravens lose to the Browns.

Dino 6 Rings
12-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Just beat the Browns

Can no lose must whine!!!!

HollywoodSteel
12-24-2010, 10:42 AM
WHEN the Steelers beat the Browns, they will clinch the AFC North and the #2 seed in the playoffs.

If the Jets win out, they would need the Patriots to lose their final two games so the Jets can win the AFC East. If that were to happen, the Jets would then have the #1 seed and the Steelers the #2 seed, and the Patriots would be a Wild Card team with the #5 seed.

If the Jets win out and the Patriots win out, the Patriots would win the AFC East and get the #1 seed, with the Jets taking a Wild Card and the #6 seed.

Here is how it will all play out if all the division winners and current wild cards win out:

#1. New England Patriots (AFC East Champs)
#2. Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC North Champs)
#3. Kansas City Chiefs (AFC West Champs)
#4. Indianapolis Colts (AFC South Champs)
#5. Baltimore Ravens (Wild Card)
#6 New York Jets (Wild Card)

Division winners get higher seeds than wild card teams, no matter the record. The only way a wild card team would have a home playoff game would be if both wild card teams made it to the AFC Championship Game.

That's right. I was brain farting, not realizing that if the Jets win their division they get the #1 seed.:doh:

BigNastyDefense
12-24-2010, 10:49 AM
That's right. I was brain farting, not realizing that if the Jets win their division they get the #1 seed.:doh:

Don't feel bad, I gave myself a headache trying to figure that all out without looking shit up.

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Absolutely no matter what anyone else does, we get the #2 seed IF we beat the Browns

The Duke
12-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Absolutely no matter what anyone else does, we get the #2 seed IF we beat the Browns

exactly

just take care of the team we have to take care of and everything will be fine. Having the browns beat the ravens for us would be a nice rest for ben and a whole bunch of others, but there are no excuses if everything doesn't go our way

Borski
12-24-2010, 01:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

That makes it easier to figure these things out.