PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Panthers - December 23, 2010 - Who Gets YOUR Game Ball?

HometownGal
12-24-2010, 06:17 AM
Sorry I'm late with this folks - was sick with a stomach bug last night, but watched the game from my comfy chair.

My first game ball goes to #7. Ben looked extremely confident out there last night and though there were a few times where he held onto the ball too long or didn't throw it away when he should have, he made some great plays overall and led the O to 27 points. :applaudit: It was obvious his foot was killing him and he must have taken another hit to the schnoz as his nose was bleeding for a minute or two on the sideline, but overall, he played a damned good game. :thumbsup:

My other 3 game balls go to:

Heaaaaaath. The guy just came back from being out for a couple of weeks with a bell-ringer and he played admirably! :applaudit:

Wallace. He makes unbelievable plays at just the right times and leaves his defenders scratching their noggins. :lol: Santonio who?

Potsie. He stood out on the D tonight and was at times relentless in his pursuit of Mr. Pickle (Clausen). :thumbsup: So much for those who felt he was washed up.

I'm not going to choose any game goats as we should all be happy with the performance we got out of our beloved Steelers last night. :tt02: I will say, however, that I wasn't enamored with the play of our ST's who gave the hapless Panthers decent field position a couple of times.

I will also say that I was happy with the playcalling, though I would have liked a touchdown or two more in the red zone, but I'm a realist and realize that the O is not going to score a TD every single time they are inside the 20. That is unrealistic imho.

Texasteel
12-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Ben had a very good game, but I'm giving it to Miller. The guy really showed why we miss him so much when he is out. I am also going to give and honorable mention to Pouncey, the kid was pushing guys off the line most of the night.

Its hard to say for sure, but I still think if Miller plays last week, we win that game.

polamalubeast
12-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Roethlisberger,Wallace and the Defense

Galax Steeler
12-24-2010, 06:41 AM
I give the game ball to Ben, Wallace and Mendenhall

tube517
12-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Ben

BigNastyDefense
12-24-2010, 07:14 AM
Ben, Wallace, and the defense.

stlrtruck
12-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Game Ball in order - Heath, Ben, McFadden (he caught the INT), the defense for staying disciplined.

Moose
12-24-2010, 07:37 AM
It's awfully hard to find who gets what after a WIN. It actually looked like the 'O' was finally starting to click, but was it our 'O' coming around, or that the Panthers are just so bad it made the 'O' looked good ? ! Anyway, in my opinion....Game BALL to Wallace. Game Goat to the Spec.Team for allowing Panther good field position on returns.

st33lersguy
12-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Defense

stillers4me
12-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Ben, Wallace and Heath!! Manny Sanders gets honorable mention.........wow, that guy is smokin' hot in every way!!

VTsteel
12-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Game ball goes to the the people who made the Steelers schedule. They gave us the Panthers at home for the Thursday game which in turn gives us 9 full days to get ready for the Brownies and the season finale. Couldn't have asked for better . . .

Seriously though, Game ball goes to Ben - took what the defense gave him and picked their secondary apart. Not to mention he is one tough S.O.B. He is setting the tone for that offense and, his leading by example, will help this team in the playoffs. Also, I liked what I saw tonight from the O-Line - not perfect but getting better . . .

memphissteelergirl
12-24-2010, 08:49 AM
On offense....Ben and HEEEEEATH!!

On defense: Farrior the Warrior....he never ceases to amaze me that he still has that kind of motor and he steps up when necessary...just what a captain is supposed to do.

venom
12-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Without a doubt , Ben and Miller had a great game . Throw in Wallace if you like also , its Christmas

fansince'76
12-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Wallace. Another 100-yard game. :applaudit:

Wallace108
12-24-2010, 10:24 AM

ALLD
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Ben distinguished himself even though he lost two fumbles.

HollywoodSteel
12-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Everyone already mentioned deserves all the praise given to them. But I've got to throw a little love to Grizzly Adams. He's so fun to watch when he gets fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYmNjpxjKUc

Dino 6 Rings
12-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Game ball to Pouncey just cause the crew talked about him all game long. Its nice having a beast of a center again on the team

steelerdude15
12-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Two game balls, one goes to Ben and one to Mikey. Ben played great and had career high passing yards in the first half. Mike also played great and burned everyone on that one play for his touchdown.

X-Terminator
12-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Mike Wallace. The kid is FAST. Once he gets more polished as a receiver...look out NFL.

Hope you are feeling better, HTG!

Psycho Ward 86
12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Big Ben as an easy choice for gameball! Slung the air out of that ball, setting a career high for passing yards in a 1st half with 259 yards. More than made up for that fumbled exchange.

Game goat? Idk, i'll give it to Bruce Arians by default :chuckle:

Craic
12-24-2010, 03:47 PM
This one is a little strange, as the gameballs and goats are the same for the first two people-- I guess the great overall plays made the few bad plays stand out.

Game ball: Ben. Great game. But the goat too, for being just a little too greedy, and probably taking some points off the board because of it. Overall, a great game however.
Sanders: Kid, welcome to the NFL spotlight. Great catches, smart playing. He read a hot route and ran it. DANG! Goat? IF you have the ball in both hands, and you are in the endzone, you HAVE TO hold on to the ball and not let it move when you hit the grass-and the ball DID MOVE.
Wallace: They come up to the line of scrimmage. The defense is set. QB and WR have the quick little look- and possibly the fastest (in game speed) player in the NFL is off to the races with a short hot route pass. Wallace, we've been waiting for you to mature to this point. The fact it only took you 15 games in this position is absolutely amazing.

Defense Gameball- whoever taught our DB's how to catch the football over the last three games or so.
Mundy: This is a strange one. It isn't because of anything outstanding he did, though he did have a nice pass defended. Rather, because when you fill in for one of the 3 best safeties in the history of the game, and you name is only called for good things, you absolutely deserve a gameball.

:sarcasm: gameball- Tomlin. YOU GOT A CHALLENGE RIGHT! :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-24-2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/5182-Steelers-vs.-Panthers-December-23-2010-Who-Gets-YOUR-Game-Ball/images/smilies/sarcasm.gif gameball- Tomlin. YOU GOT A CHALLENGE RIGHT! http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/5182-Steelers-vs.-Panthers-December-23-2010-Who-Gets-YOUR-Game-Ball/images/smilies/chuckle.gif

Even I would have gotten that one right. :lol:

steeldawg
12-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Even I would have gotten that one right. :lol:

LOL you know that would of sucked if the game was closer because we had to waste a challenge for that terrible call, and it put us out of challenges for the rest of the game.