PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with--

Craic
12-23-2010, 11:03 PM
93.7 FM.

I went to it on the internet in order to listen to people talking about the game. All they were doing is ripping the team.

What in the world. . . .

salamander
12-23-2010, 11:05 PM
Some people are just never happy. They expect us to win 77-0 every game, Ben to go 30/30 550yds 8 TDs, and Rashard to rush for 400 yards.

fansince'76
12-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Steelers Nation = spoiled rotten.

salamander
12-23-2010, 11:08 PM

I guess that's what happens when the team has a chance to win it's 7th Super Bowl title. :bounce:

Devilsdancefloor
12-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Negativity gets listeners! i have been listening and i about fell out of my chair they just said something nice about the game calling of BA

Shoes
12-23-2010, 11:18 PM

Yep....that's because they weren't Steeler fan's in the sixty's.

fansince'76
12-23-2010, 11:19 PM
i have been listening and i about fell out of my chair they just said something nice about the game calling of BA

Seriously? I'm surprised it wasn't something along the lines of "the Pats would have put up 80 against that team - ZOMG!!" :blah: :blah: :blah:

Devilsdancefloor
12-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Yep....that's because they weren't Steeler fan's nor remember the sixty's.

i dont remember the 60's either :) ... yeah i wasnt born until 1970, but i remember mark malone *shiver*

smokin3000gt
12-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Some people are just never happy. They expect us to win 77-0 every game, Ben to go 30/30 550yds 8 TDs, and Rashard to rush for 400 yards.

You mean to tell me that we didn't!? :jawdrop2:

zulater
12-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Hell even the punter had a good game, what the hell could anyone bitch about tonight? :noidea:

salamander
12-23-2010, 11:28 PM
You mean to tell me that we didn't!? :jawdrop2:

Off to the dungeon with you! :chuckle:

BlastFurnace
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
93.7 FM.

I went to it on the internet in order to listen to people talking about the game. All they were doing is ripping the team.

What in the world. . . .

Some of the complaints are legit that they are making.

Ben was left in way too long. The Panthers weren't coming back.

Short yardage offense is not good.

To me, they are legitimate complaints. Happy with the win, but the Steelers are going to struggle against the better teams in the playoffs with these kind of redzone issues.

HollywoodSteel
12-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Hell even the punter had a good game, what the hell could anyone bitch about tonight? :noidea:

Well, I can find one thing. There was some poor tackling on running plays. I noticed it last week too. Not sure if it has something to do with the cold, or field conditions or if our guys are just a bit sloppy at times. I hope they shore it up for next week. Hillis will not go down with arm tackles.

Devilsdancefloor
12-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Ragging on Hines isnt a good thing this guys is trying to get people to call ugh this is sickening

Psycho Ward 86
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM

Redzone offense, penalties, stagnant run game against a bad defense...

You know...REOCCURING PROBLEMS, which WILL come back to bite us in the ass in the playoffs if they arent fixed.

BuddhaBus
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Ragging on Hines isnt a good thing this guys is trying to get people to call ugh this is sickening

Speaking of ragging on Hines, did anyone else see that douchebag Mark Madden at halftime chiming in about the top ten Steelers of all time and shitting on Ward? What a complete fucktard! He actually called him "Whines Hard". Somebody please put something in his mouth for me... my zipper's stuck. (Special thanks to the late Robin Harris for that last part!)

zulater
12-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, I can find one thing. There was some poor tackling on running plays. I noticed it last week too. Not sure if it has something to do with the cold, or field conditions or if our guys are just a bit sloppy at times. I hope they shore it up for next week. Hillis will not go down with arm tackles.

Except for the Panthers first drive I thought the tackling was solid. Stewart is a good back, he's going to break a tackle hear and there.

Craic
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM

To me, they are legitimate complaints. Happy with the win, but the Steelers are going to struggle against the better teams in the playoffs with these kind of redzone issues.

Was Ben left in too long? That is definitely up for debate. IMO, it was proper to leave him in. I know I know, what if he is hurt? Well, what if we pull him out, and the work he doesn't get with his receivers comes back to bite us in the playoffs (see the end of last game). People forget that Ben was out 4 games and had to share snaps in camp and preseason. He is STILL Having to play catchup with his rookie receivers- heck, even with Wallace. Tonight, you saw one place where the work is paying off. Wallace and Ben saw the same thing, were on the same page, and Wallace went 40 yards for a TD because of it. We are trying to institute some new offense as well. It has to be tried someplace. This is the best place to do it. No, I think it is the right call to leave him in.

The missed tackles? Yep. Problems.

And just heard a clip from Ben, "WE didn't finish. We still left things out there, and that is why we were all left in the game." Just about what I was saying.

Craic
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Except for the Panthers first drive I thought the tackling was solid. Stewart is a good back, he's going to break a tackle hear and there.

IMO, it was the tackling on ST's that was the problems.

fansince'76
12-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Yep....that's because they weren't Steeler fan's in the sixty's.

I don't remember the sixties, but I do remember the eighties and they were bad enough.

steelerdude15
12-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Some people are never happy...

Devilsdancefloor
12-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Speaking of ragging on Hines, did anyone else see that douchebag Mark Madden at halftime chiming in about the top ten Steelers of all time and shitting on Ward? What a complete fucktard! He actually called him "Whines Hard". Somebody please put something in his mouth for me... my zipper's stuck. (Special thanks to the late Robin Harris for that last part!)

a year ago i dint even know who mark madden was BUT i did hear him tonight and thought OMG someone needs to smack that guy so hard he feels like he has been kissed by a freight train

BuddhaBus
12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
a year ago i dint even know who mark madden was BUT i did hear him tonight and thought OMG someone needs to smack that guy so hard he feels like he has been kissed by a freight train

I knew him from his pro wrestling announcing days. He sucked ass at that too! :heh:

I'll volunteer to do that smacking though! :thumbsup:

steelerdude15
12-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I don't like Madden.... loud mouth.

BuddhaBus
12-24-2010, 12:04 AM
I don't like Madden.... loud mouth.

Which one? :chuckle:

http://www.sportsocracy.org/imgs/mmadden.gif

OR

http://www.onlineusanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/John-Madden-2011-EA-Sports-Video-Game.jpg

steelerdude15
12-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Our Madden. John Madden is the guy with the greatest game on Earth.

Steeltreal
12-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I like what Mike Wallace says at the 4 minute mark
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81d277b3/Mike-Wallace-on-set

Devilsdancefloor
12-24-2010, 12:30 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81d277b3/Mike-Wallace-on-set

love this kid!!

HometownGal
12-24-2010, 05:53 AM

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. :applaudit:

The team could win 200-0 and there are people out there who would find something to bitch and moan about. It's the entitlement factor - some of these "fans" feel that they are somehow entitled to the Steelers shutting out every team they play, the offense putting up 50+ points every game and a playoff run and Super Bowl trophy every season. We ran into a couple of them last season on another board whose name shall not be mentioned. It's pitiful to say the least.

SteelersGirlTN7
12-24-2010, 05:53 AM

That is awesome! I also like what he said about Hines Ward teaching him.

solardave
12-24-2010, 05:58 AM
i dont remember the 60's either :) ... yeah i wasnt born until 1970, but i remember mark malone *shiver*

And Cliff(sure I'd punch a wall) Stout!!

HometownGal
12-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Somebody please put something in his mouth for me... my zipper's stuck. (Special thanks to the late Robin Harris for that last part!)

That "something" wouldn't be able to fit as that fat load Madden already has it stuffed full of pizza, doughnuts and chips. I can't stand him and about 7 years back, had the pleasure of saying "fuck you" to him on the air before I was cut off after he treated me very rudely when I called in with a game comment. :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
12-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Is it being "spoiled rotten" to want to see this team score from the 1 yard line or to take our injured QB off the field in a blowout? I was listening to the post game show too and I didn't hear whining or.spoiled brats at all. Even the Steelers players themselves said things need to be fixed.

HometownGal
12-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Is it being "spoiled rotten" to want to see this team score from the 1 yard line or to take our injured QB off the field in a blowout? I was listening to the post game show too and I didn't hear whining or.spoiled brats at all. Even the Steelers players themselves said things need to be fixed.

According to some of these "fans", it wasn't a blowout and they should have put up another 20-50 points on the hapless Panthers.

Steelers fans are spoiled, plain and simple BF.

Knowing Ben as we all do, there is no way he wanted to come out of that game whether they had a 24 point lead or a 64 point lead.

HollywoodSteel
12-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Woodley whiffed on a couple later in the game and there was some over pursuit that let the runner free, but that's going to happen sometimes when you break through the line quickly. And like you said, give credit to Stewart for some hard running. Hillis will be no easier to bring down.

Obviously special teams is still a problem. Suisham has the same distance problems on kickoffs as Reed did, and our coverage team leaves something to be desired. The punt return that led to the Panthers only points was mostly Ben's fault though. He took an unnecessary sack that forced us to punt from the one, which is pretty hard to do.

Not really complaining though. It was a nice boring win like I wanted.:yup:

memphissteelergirl
12-24-2010, 09:32 AM

Some people are never happy...

Ding, ding, ding - we have a winner. :applaudit:

The team could win 200-0 and there are people out there who would find something to bitch and moan about. It's the entitlement factor - some of these "fans" feel that they are somehow entitled to the Steelers shutting out every team they play, the offense putting up 50+ points every game and a playoff run and Super Bowl trophy every season. We ran into a couple of them last season on another board whose name shall not be mentioned. It's pitiful to say the least.

+1 to all of the above.....Steeler fans are much like Univ. of Memphis basketball fans here. We have a team full of freshmen and a very young second year head coach. We're currently 9-2 right now but the way people are bitching and complaining around here you'd think we're 0-11. Granted, we still don't have what we many would call a "quality" win (had a chance against Georgetown last night, but our inexperience showed once again) but all things considered I'm not complaining. But once again, it's that entitlement thing. Some of the message boards here are just ridiculous. You'd think they were griping about our abysmal football team. (Love my guys, but the truth is the truth).

Anyhoo...back to the Steeler fans. Yes, there were some things in the game last night that need to be shored up going into the last game with the Browns and the playoffs after that, but dang! We shut the Panthers out for 3 quarters!! Ben, Heath, and Mike were clicking....the O-line played decent (not great by any means but decent) and the D (especially Potsie) played great as well. But I think there fans who just WANT to look for things to bitch about. I appreciate that many people are not the rah-rah type of fan and tend to look at things more critically, but to not at least try to find anything positive is just being cynical for nothing. JMHO.

Dino 6 Rings
12-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Its like breaking down the fight tape of a practice bout before the championship fight. You look at the holes, figure out what can be improved upon and move forward.

We clearly have a couple things that need improved and constuctive cititism is fine.

Personally I think 99% of the bitching comes from fans who fear the Patriots. Oh no the big bad Pats look so "good" "we cant beat them" blah blah fcking blah...just fix our problems and dont worry about any other crap and you'll be so much better.

Next up...beat the mother effing Browns and let everything else fall into place.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-24-2010, 10:46 AM
It was clearly a game against a team that has given up. The Panthers dont rally to the ball and I bet there arent too many Steeler players in the training room getting treatment. A lot harder hitting going on in some bowl games than last night.

That being said, they did what they were supposed to do. Beat up on a beaten team. It gave Troy a chance to recover, gave the team some more film of things to improve upon and they can get ready for the Browns to close out the season and a 1st round bye.

Even though some games look like they should be easy games................there are no easy games in the NFL.

st33lersguy
12-24-2010, 11:10 AM
What is there to complain about we won handily, we dominated,

steeldawg
12-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Yes some are valid concerns, I think on the short yardage our problem is our backs run straight up they dont get their pads low and drive forward. Ben was left in too long i dont understand why he was in there but im sure tomlin had his reasons for it.

KeiselPower99
12-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I sat watching the game expecting Byron to be put in sometime in the 4th. To be honest it shows that Tomlin isnt happy with the way the offense is playing and telling them he expects them to get it going SOON. I dont know how many people could bring Stewart down without some help that is why there was so many missed tackles. So while there are complaints and they are understood we all need to realize that we dominated a team that is young and needs to take their lumps.

Godfather
12-24-2010, 08:10 PM

Ben is the quarterback for one of my fantasy teams and I'm in the championship game this week, so I wanted those numbers from him!!

Craic
12-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Its like breaking down the fight tape of a practice bout before the championship fight. You look at the holes, figure out what can be improved upon and move forward.

We clearly have a couple things that need improved and constuctive cititism is fine.

Yes, but notice, its the trainers, the coaches, the boxers, who do that work. What I was hearing was a bunch of know-it-alls thinking that they have a better handle on both the game and this teams personnel than the actual trainers, coaches, and players. Constructive criticism is fine-when a person has the resume to give it.

I know I don't have anything close to it. Getting an INT in a flag-football game and scoring a touchdown on a trick guard in the same season doesn't equate to NFL experience. Sure, I have watched a lot of football. I have educated myself on the game. I'll discuss and debate what I think the problem is. But to state what IS the problem, and then be stunned when the coaches and players don't see it my way is a completely different issue.