PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu "Just Recently" A Polamalu ?

SteelerEmpire
12-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Wow. Troy P. was not Troy P. all this time ?

Article:

Polamalu is of Samoan descent and was raised by his mother's family. Born Troy Aumua, he petitioned in 2007 to change his legal name to his mother's maiden name of Polamalu, which he had been using for the previous fifteen years. [12] Polamalu's uncle Kennedy Pola is an offensive coordinator for USC and formerly coached the Jacksonville Jaguars for five years, during which time the Jaguars defeated Polamalu's Steelers in four of their five meetings. Another uncle, Aoatoa Polamalu, played nose tackle at Penn State from 1984–1988.[13]

Polamalu is married to Theodora and has two sons named Paisios, born on October 31, 2008, and Ephraim, born September 16, 2010.[14][15] His wife Theodora is the sister of NFL player and USC Trojans alumnus Alex Holmes.[16] He resides with his family in Pittsburgh during the football season and San Diego, California during the off-season.[17]

Polamalu's favorite pastimes include surfing, growing flowers, making furniture and playing the piano.[16][18] Despite Polamalu's hard-hitting style on the gridiron, he is known off the field as a soft-spoken family man.[19]

Polamalu is also well read in the history and theology of early Christianity, which ultimately led him and his wife Theodora to convert to Greek Orthodox Christianity in 2007. He makes the Sign of the Cross after every play (from right to left, in the Orthodox Christian manner, as opposed to the Roman Catholic left to right motion). Among his spiritual activities is a pilgrimage to Orthodox Christian sites in Greece and Turkey, taken in 2007.[20] He seldom gives interviews, but when he does, he often speaks of the role his spirituality plays in his life. Polamalu has said that he tries to separate himself from his profession as much as possible, including not watching football games at home. He prays after each play and on the sidelines.[21]. His children, Paisios, and Ephraim, are both named after well-known Greek Orthodox Christian saints.

Polamalu and his wife Theodora founded the Harry Panos Fund to honor Theodora's grandfather, who served in World War II.[22]

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Polamalu

stillers4me
12-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Yep. He legally changed his name several years ago.

Chad Ochocinco did the same thing. :horror:

Kittyfish
12-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I read somewhere that Alex Holmes didn't want the rest of the football team even looking at his sister, but when Troy asked if Alex would mind him dating Theodora, he was overjoyed and immediately gave his blessing. It all seems to have worked out all right, for everyone concerned.

I read also that when Troy and Theodora are out at a restaurant, they look for a couple who look as much in love as they are, and will pick up their check. So I always remind Mr. Kitty to look particularly entranced and infatuated with me when we're out at McDonalds or the Chinese Buffet, just in case Troy is there and wants to pick up our ticket. :lol:

CPanther95
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM

Probably common knowledge, but in case someone hadn't heard:

Chad wanted to change his name to "Ocho Cinco" on his jersey but someone noticed that he forgot the space on his name change application. The NFL forced him to use the legal name "Ochocinco".

SteelGhost
12-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Yep, but OchoStinko is a douchebag :chuckle:

Animal Mother
12-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I read somewhere that Alex Holmes didn't want the rest of the football team even looking at his sister, but when Troy asked if Alex would mind him dating Theodora, he was overjoyed and immediately gave his blessing. It all seems to have worked out all right, for everyone concerned.

I read also that when Troy and Theodora are out at a restaurant, they look for a couple who look as much in love as they are, and will pick up their check. So I always remind Mr. Kitty to look particularly entranced and infatuated with me when we're out at McDonalds or the Chinese Buffet, just in case Troy is there and wants to pick up our ticket. :lol:

HAHAHA GOOD ONE!!! HA HA HA!

steelerdude15
12-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Polamalu's favorite pastimes include surfing, growing flowers, making furniture and playing the piano.[16][18] Despite Polamalu's hard-hitting style on the gridiron, he is known off the field as a soft-spoken family man.[19]
That would be awesome to surf with him. I wonder if he knows how to long board? :scratchchin: