PDA

View Full Version : Clark awaits word on possible fine

LLT
12-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Clark awaits word on possible fine
By Mark Kaboly,
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The NFL has yet to determine whether or not it will fine Steelers safety Ryan Clark for a hit on New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards and "probably won't have anything until Friday," according to a league spokesman.

Clark was penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness midway through the third quarter Sunday. The infraction set up the Jets' only offensive touchdown in a 22-17 victory.

After reviewing the play, Clark believes he did nothing wrong and does not expect a fine from the league.

"No, I'm not, and I will be (ticked) off if I get it," Clark said. "It's Christmas, man. There is a picture of it in the hallway, so if I do get one I am going to hold up a picture to my face so the NFL can clearly see it."

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_714789.html

willie
12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
It is not a fineable hit in my opinion. He did not hit Edwards in the head and although he did leave his feet, he did not lead with his helmet and "spear" him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2010, 09:15 AM
It was a good hit and I still dont see what Clark did wrong. If Brandon Merriweather, Ed Reed or Bob Sanders make the same play it doesnt even draw a flag.

Devilsdancefloor
12-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I dont have a problem with the hit at all that is football, but they are going to say he lead with is head. If his head was off to one side edwards no flag and no fine, but they will fine him

fansince'76
12-22-2010, 09:46 AM
They'll fine Harrison for being on the same team instead. :chuckle:

BuddhaBus
12-22-2010, 09:48 AM
They'll fine Harrison for being on the same team instead. :chuckle:

... and suspend Ben for the last 2 games. :lol:

ALLD
12-22-2010, 07:14 PM
The BS call cost us 15yards. If it was James Harrison who made the hit they would talk about suspending him. The WR bounced off him and got right back on his feet. *Throw the flag first (especially against the Steelers) and then we will sort it out afterward. Oh yeah, it's not necessary to call holding on anybody playing the Steelers. It's ok to mug their receivers.

memphissteelergirl
12-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Stevie Wonder could have seen that he led with his shoulder. Yet another BS call by the National Flag Football League.

Galax Steeler
12-23-2010, 03:45 AM
I think it was a good hit but I am sure they will see it a different way then we do.

SteelerFanInStl
12-23-2010, 09:59 AM
It's BS because I saw worse hits in other games last weekend that didn't even draw a flag. There was one in the Rams game on a defenseless WR by a Chiefs player that was helmet to helmet, but no flag was even thrown.