PDA

View Full Version : Steelers won't make concessions to age

LLT
12-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Steelers won't make concessions to age
By John Harris,
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hines Ward agreed, James Farrior disagreed and Brett Keisel was amused by Steelers coach Mike Tomlin's suggestion that the short turnaround for Thursday night's game against Carolina at Heinz Field favors the 2-12 Panthers.

At his weekly news conference on Monday, Tomlin said his veteran-heavy roster could be at a disadvantage with only three days to prepare following Sunday's loss to the New York Jets.

"You've got to acknowledge it's an advantage for Carolina," Tomlin said. "They're a younger team than we are."

Said Carolina coach John Fox of Tomlin's Steelers (10-4) being at a disadvantage: "You've got to come up with something. Tell Mike that was a good one."

Read More:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_714832.html

ALLD
12-22-2010, 07:26 PM
During the second debate between Reagan and Mondale. The Gipper didn't miss a beat and answers age question with a quip "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent’s youth and inexperience."

Merchant
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't think Tomlin legitimately meant those words. I think he says stuff like that to motivate the players to prove him wrong; kinda like when he called Wallace a one-trick pony.