PDA

View Full Version : Im watching the Beef O Bradys Bowl and I like this one player

XxKnightxX
12-21-2010, 10:20 PM
6 on Louisville Scruggs I think. The guy has a motor on him being able to play consistently through Southern Miss long drives, and making plays from both the 5 techniche and the DT 3 technice. Im seeing him just establish contact immediately at the POA. He reminds me of a Justin Tuck type of Player. What do you say guys this guy can be a possible 3-4 prospect or a OLB.

NCSteeler
12-22-2010, 04:35 AM
6 on Louisville Scruggs I think. The guy has a motor on him being able to play consistently through Southern Miss long drives, and making plays from both the 5 techniche and the DT 3 technice. Im seeing him just establish contact immediately at the POA. He reminds me of a Justin Tuck type of Player. What do you say guys this guy can be a possible 3-4 prospect or a OLB.

At 6'4" 269 he's too light to play any of the line positions, but if he stands up well enough he could convert to OLB albeit a tall one.

Aussie_steeler
12-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Im watching the game on tape at the moment. Couple of things stand out for me.

2011 prospects

1. Johnny Patrick CB Louisville - showed some real toughness as a tackler forcing the fumble in the second quarter. Did however fall off a few tackles from behind by failing to wrap up. To me he appears to be a good front on tackler ( against the run). Forced to play ten yards off the WR most of the evening Also flashed with a field goal block. He got outplayed on the first TD (commentators highlighted that in baseball park the higher lights can be a major distraction for CB's looking up for the ball). With a good CB class Patrick will be at best a late 2nd to 3rd rounder. Keep an eye on him in the lead up to the draft.

2. Cameron Graham TE Louisville - 6'4 253 showed good hands tonight. Might sneak into the 6th or 7th round.

3. Bilal Powell RB Louisville 6'0 215 - looks like a football player who might not have the fastest 40. could be a guy that develops on an NFL roster. Played hard after leaving the game early on with a stinger around the Knee.

Southern Miss looks a very young team that will carry over most players into next season.

2012 Prospects

1. Josh Chichester TE Louisville - at 6'9 240 with good hands he could be a player to watch for 2012

2. De'andre Brown WR Sth Miss - at 6'4 240 this kid has NFL measureables. Apparently missed parts of 2009 with broken leg and early part of 2010 with unrelated leg injury.

Austin Davis now owns Brett Favre's TD record. with another season at S.Miss he will remove Favre from all their record books. At 6'0 200 he looks to small for NFL career. He did show great hands on the 2nd quarter trick play TD. Keep an eye out for a conversion into WR or maybe a baseball career.

Its been a long time since I have seen a college game (just got cable back on) and its amazing what it does to your inner draftgeek.

Chidi29
12-22-2010, 09:48 PM
You don't know what you've been missing Aussie.

I agreed with your assessment on Patrick. He actually had really good coverage on the TD he gave up. It was just a good throw to the outside shoulder of the WR and like you said, Patrick may have lost the ball in the lights. I also think he's pretty good at jamming the receiver.

I was watching Anthony Gray of Southern Miss. Mixed on him. He does a good job of getting his arms extended and gets good leverage. He can be real tough to move. But he doesn't always fire off the snap and when he doesn't, he gets blown out big-time. He also has trouble shedding blocks. Definitely a 3-4 NT and wouldn't be a bad 4th/5th round pick.

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2010, 01:00 AM
You don't know what you've been missing Aussie.

I was watching Anthony Gray of Southern Miss. Mixed on him. He does a good job of getting his arms extended and gets good leverage. He can be real tough to move. But he doesn't always fire off the snap and when he doesn't, he gets blown out big-time. He also has trouble shedding blocks. Definitely a 3-4 NT and wouldn't be a bad 4th/5th round pick.

The more I think about it, the more I believe our future NT is on our roster.

Ziggy Hood hasnt been the pass rush dynamo people expected. But he has been extremely stout against the run. I can see Ziggy being moved over the NT position in 2013 when Casey is done (he may last a few more years with some luck). Until then he will hold the fort at DE.

I dont know what bowl games are on my menu over the next three weeks...... our programming just indicates bowl games, but no specifics about which game. its good to be back in the land of the living. Bring on the next bowl game. Hopefully I will get the chance to finally see some of the blue chip prospects.

Chidi29
12-23-2010, 09:30 AM
The more I think about it, the more I believe our future NT is on our roster.

Ziggy Hood hasnt been the pass rush dynamo people expected. But he has been extremely stout against the run. I can see Ziggy being moved over the NT position in 2013 when Casey is done (he may last a few more years with some luck). Until then he will hold the fort at DE.

I dont know what bowl games are on my menu over the next three weeks...... our programming just indicates bowl games, but no specifics about which game. its good to be back in the land of the living. Bring on the next bowl game. Hopefully I will get the chance to finally see some of the blue chip prospects.

Hood has looked fine against the run at DE but there's a big difference between being strong against the run at the five technique than at the zero. You won't see a lot of chips and double teams at DE. That's all you get at NT. Hood would have to bulk up, too. He doesn't look big enough to play NT.

Here's a list of the bowl games for the rest of the year. Majority of them will be on espn or espn2.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/seasontype/3

7SteelGal43
12-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Southern Miss looks a very young team that will carry over most players into next season.

Austin Davis now owns Brett Favre's TD record. with another season at S.Miss he will remove Favre from all their record books. At 6'0 200 he looks to small for NFL career. He did show great hands on the 2nd quarter trick play TD. Keep an eye out for a conversion into WR or maybe a baseball career.

Lee Roberts actually tied Brett Favres TD record (52) at Southern Miss a while back. Now Austin Davis, just a junior, broke that record. Be interesting to see what other records he'll have when he's done.

Nothing like gameday at "the Rock"

in this pic I can see the dorm I lived in :yup:
http://www.opposingviews.com/attachments/0006/9663/roberts-stadium-900w.jpg?1279466239

7SteelGal43
12-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow, what memories. At the top, just barely left of center, the red brick building with the white "dog houses"...that was my dorm. Free tickets to the game, the marching band parading right in front of my dorm leading the way to the game......wow, good times :yup: The only bummer, I left Southern Miss the year before Favre got there. SUX

http://football.ballparks.com/NCAA/ConfUSA/SouthMississippi/aerial.jpg

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Hood has looked fine against the run at DE but there's a big difference between being strong against the fun at the five technique than at the zero. You won't see a lot of chips and double teams at DE. That's all you get at NT. Hood would have to bulk up, too. He doesn't look big enough to play NT.

Here's a list of the bowl games for the rest of the year. Majority of them will be on espn or espn2.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/seasontype/3

Thanks for the list of bowl games.

For me I am keen to see the following:

* insight bowl Mizz v Iowa
* capital one bowl - bama vs Michigan state
* rose bowl - wisconsin vs TCU
* outback bowl - florida vs penn state

Plenty of O & D linemen on display in those ones.

Would love to watch them all but that aint going to happen

Chidi29
12-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Watching WR Greg Salas out of Hawaii tonight.

LLT
12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the list of bowl games.

For me I am keen to see the following:

* insight bowl Mizz v Iowa
* capital one bowl - bama vs Michigan state
* rose bowl - wisconsin vs TCU
* outback bowl - florida vs penn state

Plenty of O & D linemen on display in those ones.

Would love to watch them all but that aint going to happen

My daughter will be playing at the capital one bowl at halftime!!!! Her high school band leaves today to go down and spend the week there!!