PDA

View Full Version : Mom and the Kordell jersey.

7SteelGal43
12-21-2010, 02:36 PM
So, I have a Kordell Stewart jersey and several years ago, I wanted to get rid of it. It was just taking up space in my closet and I sure wasn't gonna be wearing it again. I thought about trying to remove STEWART and getting HOLMES in it's place. Hah, glad I didn't bother. Anyway, when I announced I was gonna toss it, my mom says "but Judy, you really liked Kordell at one time". AWWWW MOMMMMMM !!!

Needless to say, there is a Kordell Stewart jersey hangin in my closet to this day. *sigh*

Devilsdancefloor
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Well my youngest son has a holmes jersey he bought after SB43 all it is doing now is collecting dust he is so sad

BPS3akaWirels3
12-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Just remove the stitched name plate.. Turn it inside out and remove the stitching..

HometownGal
12-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Eeeeeek!!!! My eyes!!! I never picked you as being a Kordumbell fan. :horror: :heh:

I'm sure if you put it on Ebay or Craig's List, you could get maybe a buck or two for it. :lol:

I'm the kiss of death to athletes when I buy their shirts. Ziggy Palffy, Serg, Ruutu, Santo, Maddox. I have a Farrior jersey and just received a Matt Cooke jersey for a Christmas gift and though I know Cookie recently signed a multi-year deal, he's got the HTG hex on his back. :horror: :heh:

BlastFurnace
12-21-2010, 03:05 PM
So, I have a Kordell Stewart jersey and several years ago, I wanted to get rid of it. It was just taking up space in my closet and I sure wasn't gonna be wearing it again. I thought about trying to remove STEWART and getting HOLMES in it's place. Hah, glad I didn't bother. Anyway, when I announced I was gonna toss it, my mom says "but Judy, you really liked Kordell at one time". AWWWW MOMMMMMM !!!

Needless to say, there is a Kordell Stewart jersey hangin in my closet to this day. *sigh*

You can go retro, remove Stewart, and put Gerela on it.

Us older folks will get a good laugh out of it.

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Under Stewart, just write "I mean Holmes... I mean Dixon..." in increasingly smaller letters and you can just keep it going forever.

beSteelmyheart
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Eeeeeek!!!! My eyes!!! I never picked you as being a Kordumbell fan. :horror: :heh:

I'm sure if you put it on Ebay or Craig's List, you could get maybe a buck or two for it. :lol:

I'm the kiss of death to athletes when I buy their shirts. Ziggy Palffy, Serg, Ruutu, Santo, Maddox. I have a Farrior jersey and just received a Matt Cooke jersey for a Christmas gift and though I know Cookie recently signed a multi-year deal, he's got the HTG hex on his back. :horror: :heh:
Maybe you should invest in one of the old style reto jerseys!:wink02:
I've had some great use out of my Farrior jersey, I love it! I also got a Randle El from a gift exchange , he left, then came back, so that's good that he kept his old #.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
You can go retro, remove Stewart, and put Gerela on it.

Us older folks will get a good laugh out of it.

Go obscure with Scott Campbell.

Hindes204
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Thats why you should just go old school....get a Lambert jersey, you can wear it forever

vasteeler
12-21-2010, 04:00 PM
i feel your pain i have a danbury mint porcelain kordell that i have in the closet. i dont want to get rid of it but im surely not going to display it with the others

Kittyfish
12-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I have lots of generic Steelers wear, but this is why I would never buy a jersey - there is simply no guarantee that the player will be around for any length of time. It's not like the old days, when teams could stay pretty much intact for years. And jerseys are expensive. I guess I could go retro, but I wasn't watching football back in the day (and if I did catch part of a game, it would have been the Redskins as my father was a fan), and that wouldn't feel right. I would want a current player with whom I am familiar, but can't bring myself to invest that much money in a jersey I might not be able to wear for more than a year or two.

tube517
12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Dennis Dixon

tube517
12-21-2010, 05:12 PM
You beat me to it.

Go obscure with Scott Campbell.

XxKnightxX
12-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Thats why you should just go old school....get a Lambert jersey, you can wear it forever

Yessir I do the same exact thing. Jersey is Ageless

86WARD
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Kordell Stewart Jersey is Vintage! Slash was ridiculous...no need to get rid of it!

silver & black
12-21-2010, 09:02 PM
I only buy old school jerseys. Stabler, Shell, Villapiano, Tatum, Hayes. The only new jersey I would consider is Asomugha.