PDA

View Full Version : Do you want the hardest road to the Super Bowl, or the easiest

BlastFurnace
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
They are having an interesting discussion on 93.7 right now about this. Personally, I want to part of New England in the playoffs.

Some fans on the radio say they would feel robbed if they went the easier road. The only thing I care about is the trophy.

Perhaps, because nearly every game with the Steelers is a nailbiter, it's a moot point, but non-the-less...Do you have a preference?

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
The only think I can think of, really, is we've done the Win em all on the Road thing, we've done the Win the AFC Title Game at home thing vs our Enemy the Ravens...that was sweet...the only thing we haven't done yet...Is Get Some Revenge on The Patriots our Nemesis. (defined as thus: An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome.)

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if we have to play the Chiefs and Jags to get to the Super Bowl where we beat the 8-8 Rams, as long as in the end we win the trophy, its all good...but...

BUT

Imagine how good...I mean how deep down in the guts GOOOOOD it would feel to win the AFC Title Game in Gallette Stadium. I mean...Damn...that's Sports Movie Ending Feel Good....as long as we go on to win the SB of coarse...but man...oh man...exorcising those demons would be so so sweet. Got that bit of revenge on Denver a couple years back, winning it in their house...beating the Colts felt good in their house...but Damn Man...imagine...just imagine...Winning the AFC Title Game in New England...Damn...the idea of that alone is almost too sweet to even think about...its like Lottery Win Dream feel good type thinking

fansince'76
12-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Imagine how good...I mean how deep down in the guts GOOOOOD it would feel to win the AFC Title Game in Gallette Stadium. I mean...Damn...that's Sports Movie Ending Feel Good....as long as we go on to win the SB of coarse...but man...oh man...exorcising those demons would be so so sweet.

Agreed - I want to see that monkey thrown off the team's back.

vasteeler
12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
The only think I can think of, really, is we've done the Win em all on the Road thing, we've done the Win the AFC Title Game at home thing vs our Enemy the Ravens...that was sweet...the only thing we haven't done yet...Is Get Some Revenge on The Patriots our Nemesis. (defined as thus: An opponent that cannot be beaten or overcome.)

Don't get me wrong, I don't care if we have to play the Chiefs and Jags to get to the Super Bowl where we beat the 8-8 Rams, as long as in the end we win the trophy, its all good...but...

BUT

Imagine how good...I mean how deep down in the guts GOOOOOD it would feel to win the AFC Title Game in Gallette Stadium. I mean...Damn...that's Sports Movie Ending Feel Good....as long as we go on to win the SB of coarse...but man...oh man...exorcising those demons would be so so sweet. Got that bit of revenge on Denver a couple years back, winning it in their house...beating the Colts felt good in their house...but Damn Man...imagine...just imagine...Winning the AFC Title Game in New England...Damn...the idea of that alone is almost too sweet to even think about...its like Lottery Win Dream feel good type thinking

i was one of those who didnt want to play the *'s especialy in their house for the afc title but they way you put it.....BRING THEM ON!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

BigPoppaG
12-21-2010, 04:42 PM
We've done the hard road in the past......I think it turned out pretty well.:tt02:

tube517
12-21-2010, 04:43 PM
I would also like them to face the Pats* to get the monkey off the back. But, if the Pats* lose, that's not the Steelers fault. Nor would it tarnish the trophy. Sorry, but that's the why they play the playoffs. Either you win or GTFO. Period.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Agreed - I want to see that monkey thrown off the team's back.

Remember, that's not Tomlin's monkey either...its a Cowher monkey the team and a lot of our players are still carrying around. Losses at home to the Patriots in the Title game...ugh...Tomlin got his only Playoff Loss against the Jags at home. So this "monkey" might be just the kind of thing that a guy like Tomlin would love to face in order to Stamp his Face on this team. I bet there is a part of him that hears the "he won it with Cowher's team"...ya know its out there...so if he could lead this team...to do the impossible...and slay The Dragon...woah...that would put him at Legend Status instantly, with us Steelers fans anyway. Of coarse, he has to win the Super Bowl too...I mean...you aren't supposed to lose the Super Bowl if you get there...

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
[/B][/B]

i was one of those who didnt want to play the *'s especialy in their house for the afc title but they way you put it.....BRING THEM ON!!! :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Welcome to my world...that's how I think.

Remember, before the playoffs start, watch the intro to the Road to Superbowl XL DVD so you can see everyone of our Heart Breaking Losses...so you can re-live the Pain and Agony of those losses...only to see the Dream Come True in the end...oh yeah...feed yourself off the losses, live the Neil Interception #2, the Kordell Fumbles, the Brister Fumble...live it...remember it...that only makes the journey's end so much sweeter...

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

BigNastyDefense
12-21-2010, 05:39 PM
I would love to go to New England and beat the Patriots in their house for the AFC Championship. I would love for Marsha to walk off the field knowing how the Steelers felt in 2001 and 2004. That is the road I would love to take to Lombardi Trophy #7.

HOWEVER, if the Patriots were to lose in the divisional round and we were to play another team in Pittsburgh in the AFCCG, I wouldn't feel bad about it. I wouldn't feel as if our Super Bowl win is cheapened or tarnished. It's not the Steelers' fault if the Patriots go one-and-done. The Patriots aren't the end-all and be-all of professional football.

Count Steeler
12-21-2010, 07:03 PM
We all have our preferred scenarios, but I think they all end the same, Ben holding up the Lombardi one more time, and this time as MVP.
In this year with all of our injuries, adversities, distractions, I don't really care who we play, as long as we are playing in Feb for the Super Bowl. I think for our team, the hard way is the easier way.

Moose
12-21-2010, 07:40 PM
EASIEST ! I'm just sick and tired of these nail biting, sitting on the edge of the chair games. Even when we play teams with a couple wins we have to fight our why for 60 minutes. I'm hoping to just get past the play-offs right now !! A win is a win, if you can get it without a fight.....do it !!

Godfather
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd like to crush Marsha's hopes and dreams, but I don't see the 2010 team doing it. We're a MASH unit, and that makes for the ideal matchup for the Pats*.

Plus, I'd rather see the Pats* lose every game 50-0 for the next 20 years.

steeldevil
12-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Is this a question? Maybe I am a weirdo or something but I don't really care about what other people say about my sports teams. I will take the easiest road possible to Lombardi #7. The trophy will be no less magnificent.

Devilsdancefloor
12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
im hoping that coach dad went rather vanilla against the *'s and jets cause eh knows we are gonna face them again in the playoffs i want to see the look on the *'s fans when we kick their ass on there turf

86WARD
12-21-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't care if it is hard or "easy" (which in the playoffs, it never is.) I just want the motherfuckers to win.

GBMelBlount
12-21-2010, 08:41 PM
True champions will prevail no matter the road.

Just glad we are sitting where we are.

SteelerSal
12-21-2010, 08:50 PM
If possible I'd like to face and whip the Jets then payback the Patriots in the AFCC.....

salamander
12-21-2010, 08:54 PM
I would love to take down the Patsies* on their own turf but I don't care who they play as long as the Steelers are raising their 7th Lombardi in February.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2010, 08:58 PM
EASIEST ! I'm just sick and tired of these nail biting, sitting on the edge of the chair games. Even when we play teams with a couple wins we have to fight our why for 60 minutes. I'm hoping to just get past the play-offs right now !! A win is a win, if you can get it without a fight.....do it !!

Right there with you! All I want for my sports Christmas is a 45-10 victory on Thursday night...with no injuries.

CPanther95
12-22-2010, 08:06 AM

That would be an amazing feeling.

Imagine how great you'd feel if you jumped out of a plane with no parachute and at the last minute someone cut their main, caught up and grabbed you then pulled their reserve. That would be an amazing feeling also.

... but I'd rather not jump out of a plane without my own parachute.

If you tell me we will get to the Super Bowl regardless, I'd definitely rather play NE in the AFCCG. If you're asking whether I'd prefer to go just so a possible Super Bowl run will be as gratifying as possible - I'd say no thank you.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh come on now...jumping out of a plane with no chute is pretty hopeless...I don't feel hopeless at the prospect of playing the Patriots again this season. I welcome the Challenge!

BlastFurnace
12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh come on now...jumping out of a plane with no chute is pretty hopeless...I don't feel hopeless at the prospect of playing the Patriots again this season. I welcome the Challenge!

I like the idea of the challenge. I don't like the track record of what Brady always does to the Steelers.

That being said, if the Steelers are fortunate to play in the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots, may the best team...on that day...win.

venom
12-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Im just scared having a home playoff game from how the Steelers have been playing this year at home, yeeeesh

CPanther95
12-22-2010, 12:52 PM
That being said, if the Steelers are fortunate to play in the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots, may the best team...on that day...win.

Screw that. If we play them in the AFCCG, I want the Steelers to win - even if we are outplayed in all phases of the game.

BlastFurnace
12-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Screw that. If we play them in the AFCCG, I want the Steelers to win - even if we are outplayed in all phases of the game.

I agree with you. Unfortunately for the Steelers, nearly every time they play the Patriots with Brady at QB, they haven't won. Although I hope we don't see them in the AFC Championship Game, if we do, so be it.

7SteelGal43
12-22-2010, 01:40 PM
well the easiest road would be, well...easy. but the hardest (should we win the Super Bowl) would be most satisfying. Either way, HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!

steelerdude15
12-22-2010, 02:16 PM
I want the road in which no one gets hurt, we play excellent ball, and beat everyone in our way.

CPanther95
12-22-2010, 03:45 PM
With all of our injuries, there is no easy road. Any SB win will be extremely satisfying.

Edman
12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
You gotta play the teams right in front of you to get to the Bowl. It doesn't matter who. If we see the Pats again, nice. If we don't, too bad.

polamalubeast
12-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Win against the Patriots would be a unbelievable feeling .... His is one of the biggest win in the history of steelers,excluding the Super Bowl.

But if we lose again against the Patriots and after Tom Brady wins his 4th Super Bowl, his would be a terrible feeling.

Carolina Steelers
12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Win against the Patriots would be a unbelievable feeling .... His is one of the biggest win in the history of steelers,excluding the Super Bowl.

But if we lose again against the Patriots and after Tom Brady wins his 4th Super Bowl, his would be a terrible feeling.

I agree with this comment. I would love to beat that Pats in the AFCC game but I would love it more if the Pats lose there 1st playoff gm and get kicked out. The ultimate thing is to lift the Lombardi no matter how they do it, in the end.

steelreserve
12-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't give a rat's ass who we play. If we win the Super Bowl without facing the Patriots, all it means is THEY WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH to go very far in the playoffs. If that happens three times in six years, maybe it means they're not so much of a "dynasty" as the pole polishers keep saying.