PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still could win division and first-round bye

stillers4me
12-20-2010, 03:01 PM
The Steelers will win the AFC North Division and clinch the conference's No. 2 seed and the bye that goes with it if they beat the Carolina Panthers Thursday night and the Baltimore Ravens lose in Cleveland on Sunday.

If those two outcomes occur, the Steelers would win a tiebreaker against Baltimore for the division title even if they tie at the end of the season................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10354/1112233-100.stm

Edman
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Or how about just winning out?

steelreserve
12-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Or how about just winning out?

I like that idea better than counting on Cleveland.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-20-2010, 03:18 PM
How are the Steelers tied?? Ratbirds lost 2 divisional games and we lost one..

86WARD
12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
If the Steelers lose to Cleveland and the Ravens win out, common opponents could do the Steelers in.

salamander
12-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Just win... I don't want to have to rely on Cleveland.

However, It certainly would make me feel a little better if we were able to clinch the #2 seed this week and not have to worry about Cleveland in next week's game too much.

Moose
12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
They are considering us 'tied' because both have 10-4 records, but we are in 1st actually because we are 4-1 in division and the rat's are 2-2, with 2 division games remaining. Now, I'm really wondering what is BEST for the team right now the way they are playing. Do we want them to finish division winner with a 1st round bye..... or keep playing with the wild card bracket ?? I know a bye is good to rest up our players....but, I'm scared to death that the way they are playing ( pathetically) that a bye could throw them more out of sync and get beaten easily. Got to admit, we looked pathetic against the Jets...and that could be the easiest play-off team out there.

salamander
12-20-2010, 09:03 PM
They are considering us 'tied' because both have 10-4 records, but we are in 1st actually because we are 4-1 in division and the rat's are 2-2, with 2 division games remaining. Now, I'm really wondering what is BEST for the team right now the way they are playing. Do we want them to finish division winner with a 1st round bye..... or keep playing with the wild card bracket ?? I know a bye is good to rest up our players....but, I'm scared to death that the way they are playing ( pathetically) that a bye could throw them more out of sync and get beaten easily. Got to admit, we looked pathetic against the Jets...and that could be the easiest play-off team out there.

Aside from a couple "WTF moments", I wouldn't really say that we necessarily looked pathetic.