PDA

View Full Version : No More Debby Downers!

steelpride12
12-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Hey why all the sad faces and crappy stats and threads let's think of it this way: We are still winning the division because we have a better divisional record and we will still win it if we can win these last two games which we easily. I know a first round bye would sure make everyone happy and we can get Troy and even Smith healthy and back, come on LET'S GO STEELERS!!! :tt03:

X-Terminator
12-20-2010, 09:27 AM
The Steelers are in the playoffs. That is all that matters right now. The division and bye would just be gravy.

No "Debby Downer" here...

Wallace108
12-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I couldn't agree more. This is the first time in a long time I haven't come here and bitched incessantly after a loss. I feel we got some victories in that game despite getting an L in the win/loss column.

BuddhaBus
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Like I said in another thread, I oddly feel OK after this loss even though it was a tough one. The Jets have a seriously rude awakening headed their way if we cross paths with them again. We'll have Troy, Heath and, possibly, Aaron Smith back for that one and they will make a HUGE difference in the outcome. Heath alone would have won that game for us yesterday, no doubt. As it was, we should have won it anyway, IMO. The Jets had best just do themselves a favor and duck out of the playoffs ASAP before we get our hands on them again. It will be a VERY different outcome next time I assure you. :tt03:

BlastFurnace
12-20-2010, 10:04 AM
We will all feel better on Friday morning.

HometownGal
12-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I've never been a Debby Downer so this thread sure aint for me! :heh: ;) Though I get shit about it now and then, I'm the eternal optimist. :thumbsup:

Forget yesterday and look ahead to tomorrow (Thursday). That's how I live my life in general and that's the attitude I'm taking with our Steelers. :tt02:

salamander
12-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Where's the "Sky is falling" cat?

:chuckle:

BlastFurnace
12-20-2010, 10:33 AM

He's posting too

HometownGal
12-20-2010, 10:42 AM

Big Snack ate the poor wittle fella.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
10 and 4!!! My master-plan is working... ahah 4 more steps to 7

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2010, 10:55 AM
10-4

Leading the AFC North with 2 to go, Aaron Smith out for over half the season, Troy hurt, Ben out for the 1st four games.

I'll take it.

SteelGhost
12-20-2010, 11:00 AM

http://www.allaboutbipolar.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sky-is-falling.jpg

steelerdude15
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
The only thing that makes me a little bitter about the loss is that Holmes is on the Jets. Here's my thing about us getting in the playoffs, we had to win or the Colts and Chargers and to loss, but we lost and the Colts and Chargers both won, but we still got into the playoffs. :noidea: Whatever, it works for me. I just miss Heath.

7SteelGal43
12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
THANK YOU for this thread, steelpride. We are in good shape, and like Wally said, other than the ultimate L at the end. I felt pretty good about yesterdays game against a pretty good team. Even after a safety LATE, we got the ball back, down 5, drove down the field, and who knows, if Millers in the game, we get that TD.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE GO !!

fansince'76
12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
10-4

Leading the AFC North with 2 to go, Aaron Smith out for over half the season, Troy hurt, Ben out for the 1st four games.

I'll take it.

Yep, especially considering that the only game we got straight up beat in was the Pats game. Even in the Saints game, we were one Heath Miller fumble away from tying or even winning. We're in good shape, all things considered.

7SteelGal43
12-20-2010, 02:13 PM
10-4

I'll take it.

http://i.mynicespace.com/70/7020.jpg

steel striker
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm over the loss and, it's a big game on thursday night we need to win out. The one bye would help out alot.

O'Malley
12-20-2010, 02:51 PM
10-4. In the playoffs. 2 games left. Win those games first week bye. I am happy with that.

SMR
12-20-2010, 04:57 PM
The Steelers are in the playoffs. That is all that matters right now. The division and bye would just be gravy.

No "Debby Downer" here...

I happily and GRATEFULLY concur, sir!!

SMR
12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
http://i.mynicespace.com/70/7020.jpg

LOL....love that pic 7SteelGal43!

BigPoppaG
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
The thing that got me pissed about the game were the fans. They kept showing them sitting under blankets with wild eyed stares. What the hell is that all about????? Get the hell up and cheer for the team. Some of the times they showed them during key defenseive parts of the games......sitting.....doing nothing.

I don't get it?

Why were some of the seats empty? Whats going on?

salamander
12-20-2010, 06:00 PM
The thing that got me pissed about the game were the fans. They kept showing them sitting under blankets with wild eyed stares. What the hell is that all about????? Get the hell up and cheer for the team. Some of the times they showed them during key defenseive parts of the games......sitting.....doing nothing.

I don't get it?

People these days are wimps and can't stand the cold.

The Duke
12-20-2010, 10:52 PM

I don't get it?

This!

what the hell people? I would understand people with kids, but I saw tons of grown men and women just sitting, seemingly wanting it to be over

that honestly hurts me more than that loss

steelerdude15
12-20-2010, 10:55 PM
I say we all take the tickets from those people. :tt03:

X-Terminator
12-21-2010, 12:16 AM
Have any of you actually sat in that stadium on a cold, windy day? From everyone I've heard who has, it is NOT fun. There is nothing to protect you from the wind, and even with a light breeze, it's uncomfortable on a cold day. When HTG and I go to the Winter Classic next week, we already know we're going to have to dress like we're in the Arctic, otherwise we would not be able to stand it since we're sitting in the open end of the stadium. That is why there were so many empty seats and there wasn't much enthusiasm. Hard to get enthusiastic when your limbs are frozen.

Wallace108
12-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Have any of you actually sat in that stadium on a cold, windy day? From everyone I've heard who has, it is NOT fun.

I've been to two games in December, and yeah, it can be rough. I was at the Green Bay game last season. It wasn't too bad at kickoff, but by the third quarter I would have been happy if someone spilled hot coffee or something on me. http://smiliesftw.com/x/Cold.gif

HometownGal
12-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Have any of you actually sat in that stadium on a cold, windy day? From everyone I've heard who has, it is NOT fun. There is nothing to protect you from the wind, and even with a light breeze, it's uncomfortable on a cold day.

While that is true, if these people would get up off their asses, cheer their team on and get into the game instead of sitting on their hineys and guzzling beer (I'm a poet and don't know it! :heh:) which is only going to make a person colder as beer is a COLD drink :doh:, it would get the blood circulating and they'd warm up. Aint rocket science.

Why a parent would bring a baby or a child under 3 to a game on a day when it was that frigid is beyond my comprehension. :horror: Get a babysitter and if you can't, sell your tickets and STAY HOME! Your child's health far trumps going to a football game :doh:

I'm already preparing myself for the Winter Classic game and am going to be smart, dress in layers, wear a hat (which I NEVER do), gloves and 2-3 pairs of socks and boots. On top of that, I'll be cheering my ass of for my Pens so you won't hear me complaining about being cold. :drink:

SteelerSal
12-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by X-Terminator
Have any of you actually sat in that stadium on a cold, windy day? From everyone I've heard who has, it is NOT fun. There is nothing to protect you from the wind, and even with a light breeze, it's uncomfortable on a cold day.

I have for several games....the first one my brother and I ( both coming from south florida) thought we would tough it out with just a hoodie under our jerseys and we wound up buying a couple hundred dollars worth of over priced blankets and sweat shirts at the stadium shops......still could not get the chill out of our bones. :lol:

Texasteel
12-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Hey why all the sad faces and crappy stats and threads let's think of it this way: We are still winning the division because we have a better divisional record and we will still win it if we can win these last two games which we easily. I know a first round bye would sure make everyone happy and we can get Troy and even Smith healthy and back, come on LET'S GO STEELERS!!! :tt03:

Hey, don't you remember me? I'm the #1 mindless cheerleader.:cheer2: The Steelers are on their way to the SB, and winning.

HometownGal
12-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Hey, don't you remember me? I'm the #1 mindless cheerleader.:cheer2: The Steelers are on their way to the SB, and winning.

Hey Tex - move on over there buddy. I'm the #1 mindless :cheer2:leader around these parts! :heh:

Raleigh Steel
12-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Steeler Check List:

1. Earn playoff spot--CHECK
2. Win AFC North
3. Win divisional playoff game
4. Win AFC Championship game
5. Win Super Bowl

1 down...4 to go!:tt02: