PDA

View Full Version : Why does Redman not get more carries?

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Every single time this guy gets on the field, he produces. I'm not asking him to become the primary in the backfield, but I think he atleast deserves the carries that Mewelde gets.

Redman is always going forward and gaining extra yards. I don't see that from Mewelde.

tube517
12-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree. I wish he would at least get 8-10 carries a game.

zulater
12-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd settle for 4 or 5 touches.

steel9guy
12-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Bruce believes in Mewelde. We all should. It's not like Issac Redman makes a first down every time we need it and he certainly didn't help win the baltimore game by catching a Touchdown and escaping takles in an amazing fashion. Mewelde can pick up 0-1 yards on every play. We need production like that.

solardave
12-20-2010, 01:26 AM
As long as Moore still produces Redman will have to wait his turn. For the record I too would like to see him get 5-10 carries a game.

Galax Steeler
12-20-2010, 03:20 AM
I agree that Redman needs to see more carries he seems to move the ball forward everytime he touches it.

oneforthetoe
12-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Hard to find carries for Redman. It's not like Mendy isn't running well and Redman is not a third down back.

steelpride12
12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Because Moore is the guy the Steelers go to when Mendy needs a rest, Redman is specifically the short yardage back.

BlastFurnace
12-20-2010, 09:22 AM
As long as Moore still produces Redman will have to wait his turn. For the record I too would like to see him get 5-10 carries a game.

That's all I would like to see myself. Mendenhall is the workhorse, but Redman would serve us well with the amount of carries you mentioned.

ALLD
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Redman could be the stop gap after Mendy's skills begin to diminsh or if Moore is cut next season.

SteelerFanInStl
12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Redman should be the one spelling Mendy. I don't really see the need for MeMo any more. I'd actually like to see Mendy get more playing time on third downs and in the passing game.

SteelGhost
12-20-2010, 10:56 AM
RedZone will have more carries in 2011 (if there's a 2011 season) :thumbsup:

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Hard to find carries for Redman. It's not like Mendy isn't running well and Redman is not a third down back.

Because Moore is the guy the Steelers go to when Mendy needs a rest, Redman is specifically the short yardage back.

Really? Is that why Redman is frequently lined up as a fullback, blocking back, slot receiver, and going out for short screens in multiple situations?

Big backs can be do-it-all's too...

Galax Steeler
12-21-2010, 03:34 AM
At least Redman might of had a chance to break that tackle in the endzone and not have took the safety.

GodfatherofSoul
12-21-2010, 03:43 AM
On a related note, why are we even having this discussion? By that I mean, WTF has happened to Mewelde? He used to be that great explosive 3rd down guy. Now, it seems like any play he gets is a bust.

pepsyman1
12-21-2010, 03:44 AM
The thing I like best about Redman is that he doesn't hesitate at all....he puts his foot on the pedal, steers toward the best hole he sees and GOES! Once he sees contact coming he drops and shoulder and starts driving as hard as he can. He's a no-nonsense power back.

PalmerSteel
12-21-2010, 05:53 AM
he has had his WTF moments this year, but i still think mewelde is the more reliable 3rd down back for the rest of this season. just seams more flexible and his experience needs relied upon in the playoffs for that position. all that could change in week 17 though if redman really shines. redman is going to play alot because mendy will not play much at all because the ratbirds are going to lose to the brownies this sunday and we will have the #2 seed clinched already :)

HometownGal
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
he has had his WTF moments this year, but i still think mewelde is the more reliable 3rd down back for the rest of this season. just seams more flexible and his experience needs relied upon in the playoffs for that position.

This. ^^. :applaudit:

I love Redzone to pieces but MeMo is the more experienced back headed into the playoffs. I'd really have no problem with their time being split depending on the call and the situation.

I've seen posts in several game day threads this season bitching when Redman is put into the game and bitching when he isn't. Geez - can't please you people! ;)