PDA

View Full Version : Here come the Panthers, Onward!

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Dear Steelers,

The lowly Panthers are last in the league in points scored, total yards, and passing yards. All I want for Christmas is a winning tradition. Please kick their asses to fine, rubbery pulp. Thanks

~Sincerely, Psycho Ward 86

steelpride12
12-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes just please Steelers shit all over them, destroy them and most of all no more injuries.

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Please...no close game this time. Can we have a 35-10 game or something like that....please.

stlrtruck
12-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Please...no close game this time. Can we have a 35-10 at halftime game or something like that....please.

fixed it for you

steelerdude15
12-20-2010, 12:13 AM
The Steelers need to rebound with this game. We simply cannot sleep on the Panthers. The Steelers need to play like it's the last game they'll ever play. Time to move on from the loss and get ready for the short week.

Galax Steeler
12-20-2010, 03:23 AM
I just hope we go out and play solid football for 60 minuets.

HometownGal
12-20-2010, 06:54 AM
We're going to be playing against a rookie QB and other than Smith - a bunch of no-name receivers - so I expect a much better game by our D than we saw yesterday. In addition, we should be able to shut down Stewart and Goodson with no problem.

I say - make Santa Clausen shit himself early in the game by consistently bringing the pressure and force the rook into mistakes. Keep that pressure up the entire game, not just here and there. :pray:

The Panthers D isn't anything to write home about, so I'd really love to see the Steelers O put up 30 on 'em. I have no doubt the opportunities will be there, so take advantage of them!!! :tt02:

BlastFurnace
12-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Dear Steelers,

The lowly Panthers are last in the league in points scored, total yards, and passing yards. All I want for Christmas is a winning tradition. Please kick their asses to fine, rubbery pulp. Thanks

~Sincerely, Psycho Ward 86

How much you wanna bet their QB has a career day against the vaunted Dick LeBeau defense. For some reason, I am expecting a close game.

memphissteelergirl
12-20-2010, 07:03 AM
How much you wanna bet their QB has a career day against the vaunted Dick LeBeau defense. For some reason, I am expecting a close game.

...because you like looking for the worst perhaps?

But that said....the Panthers will be coming off a win so their confidence level will be up. At this point in the season you can't look past anyone (see Green Bay v. Detroit last week).

A blowout would be nice of course, but it can be 3 points or 30 as far as I'm concerned....I just want a "W"

BlastFurnace
12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
...because you like looking for the worst perhaps?

But that said....the Panthers will be coming off a win so their confidence level will be up. At this point in the season you can't look past anyone (see Green Bay v. Detroit last week).

A blowout would be nice of course, but it can be 3 points or 30 as far as I'm concerned....I just want a "W"

Yeah, I am looking for the worst....just like I was in Buffalo where the team barely beat a terrible Bills team. How many examples do we need to dig up where the Steelers have a close game against a bad team. But then again..that's searching for the worst...right?

We all hope they blow out the Panthers, but this team has a very bad habit of letting struggling teams off the mat.

Steeldude
12-20-2010, 08:06 AM
the perfect recipe for a rookie QB to do well is play against the steelers pass defense.

BuddhaBus
12-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I am looking for the worst....just like I was in Buffalo where the team barely beat a terrible Bills team. How many examples do we need to dig up where the Steelers have a close game against a bad team. But then again..that's searching for the worst...right?

We all hope they blow out the Panthers, but this team has a very bad habit of letting struggling teams off the mat.

The Bills really aren't that bad of a team. They have been in almost all of their games in the end. They just seemed to not be able to make that one play that would win them the game. Their defense isn't all that great, but their offense is very good. Don't let records fool you. The Bills are doing much better now than in the first half of the season.

The Panthers on the other hand, are a bad team and we have no excuse for not beating them handily. If we don't, as someone in another thread stated, we don't even belong in the discussion of Super Bowl contenders. We must win this game decisively to be taken seriously going forward.

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2010, 06:28 PM
We should have shutdown Benjarvus Green Ellis, LT, and Shonn Greene as well, but we sure didnt do that.

Johnathan Stewart and Mike Goodson are a VERY formidable duo.