PDA

View Full Version : And now for the good news!!!

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
We're STILL leading the division by half a game over the Ravens because we have a better divisional record, and we're STILL in all of likely hood getting that 1st round bye as the 2nd seed if we beat the Panthers and Browns.

The only teams that can take away that 2nd seed from us right now are the Ravens and Chiefs. If we lose either game, we the Ravens probably wrap up the division since they have to play the lowly Bengals and Browns. The Chiefs still have two tough games against the Titans and Raiders and they HAVE TO win both to have even have a shot at the 2nd seed.

So basically if you didnt get all of that...if we win out, we control our own destiny, AND we have a 1st round bye. Let's do this :tt02:

JayC
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
yeah, as pissed as i am about how that game ended, it's time to move on already and focus on the panthers game that's only 4 days away. we play 2 subpar teams, if we don't get the 2nd seed it's because we dont deserve it.

The Duke
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
AND- No injuries

Panthers and Browns better be scared. Steelers are gonna be one angry team

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
It would've been nice to not need that final game against the Browns but we should be able to win out.

venom
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I can see the Browns game to be a tough one for us.

Edman
12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
We don't have to wait very long for the next Steeler game. It's this Thursday.

If we can't beat Carolina, we don't belong in the playoffs. The Cleveland game will definitely be difficult, but if we can't beat the Panthers, then it's pretty much 2009 all over again.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I expect that Browns game to be excruciatingly close lol.

Count Steeler
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM

Just have not seen that kind of intensity this year. We need to show up big time against Carolina, then we have 1 1/2 weeks to prepare for the Browns. There should be no excuses.

Burghfan58
12-19-2010, 06:45 PM
AND- No injuries

As long as they promise not to unleash hell on them.

salamander
12-19-2010, 06:46 PM
The Browns game actually makes me nervous. It's another case where beating the Steelers would be like their Super Bowl. We cannot take the Panthers or the Browns (especially the Browns) lightly.

Merchant
12-19-2010, 06:49 PM
On another positive note.. O looked much better today. Seem to be doing a lot better in the redzone, sucks that they couldn't punch that last one in. Mendy had over 100 yards, Ben had protection, the young receivers are stepping up. Good news for the future.

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2010, 06:52 PM
The way we're playing I can actually see either one of those games going either way... I just don't see a solid football team yet...

Count Steeler
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Hopefully the O has turned a corner. There is much more hope on the O now. If the O line can get healthy and consistent (like today) we should be OK. The D and the ST were not up to par today. STs have been getting steadily worse through the year, our coverage just does not seem consistent with our talent. Allowing teams to start at their own 35 or 40 is just not going to cut it. Of course, returns for TDs better stop after today's game.

SteelerFanInStl
12-19-2010, 06:54 PM
On another positive note.. O looked much better today. Seem to be doing a lot better in the redzone, sucks that they couldn't punch that last one in. Mendy had over 100 yards, Ben had protection, the young receivers are stepping up. Good news for the future.

Agreed. They did move the ball better but they still only scored 17 points. That's not enough.

Carolina Steelers
12-19-2010, 06:58 PM
The way we're playing I can actually see either one of those games going either way... I just don't see a solid football team yet...

I agree not a solid team effort yet all game but maybe the Browns game might be close but the Panthers should be over by half. Living here in NC this team is awful I understand they won today. But i say we blitz Clausen on every play.

zulater
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Put it this way, if we can't win out we don't deserve it anyway.

Short week favors the hometeam, no guarantees in life, but we we damn well better beat the Panthers, and if we don't, shame on us.

and the bonus of playing on Thursday is that it gives us an extra 3 days to prepare and get healthy for the Browns. Again, if we can't beat the browns with an extra 3 days to prepare, shame on us.

Hey the Steelers have their fate in their own hands. All they have to do is beat 2 mediocre to bad teams, and they walk away with the AFC's 2 seed.

Who wouldn't have taken that deal if it had been offered at the start of the season?

stillers4me
12-19-2010, 07:07 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1099965827/TweetLogo_normal.jpg
SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest) Steelers Digest

Despite the loss, the Steelers still clinched a playoff spot, according to the NFL, based on strength of victory.

Merchant
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Clinched! At least we got our ticket in. Feels good after last season.

Chidi29
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM

Despite the loss, the Steelers still clinched a playoff spot, according to the NFL, based on strength of victory.

Very good news! Eases the pain a little bit.

kmsteelerwr15
12-19-2010, 07:12 PM
SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#%21/SteelersDigest) Steelers Digest

Yeah that helps a little bit

Bluecoat96
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
AND- No injuries

This is the biggest plus from tonight.

steeldevil
12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Offense looked a lot better today, hope they keep playing that well into the playoffs.

fansince'76
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
AND- No injuries

This is the biggest plus from tonight.

Agreed - we're a frigging M.A.S.H. unit already.

Bluecoat96
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Put it this way, if we can't win out we don't deserve it anyway.

Short week favors the hometeam, no guarantees in life, but we we damn well better beat the Panthers, and if we don't, shame on us.

and the bonus of playing on Thursday is that it gives us an extra 3 days to prepare and get healthy for the Browns. Again, if we can't beat the browns with an extra 3 days to prepare, shame on us.

Hey the Steelers have their fate in their own hands. All they have to do is beat 2 mediocre to bad teams, and they walk away with the AFC's 2 seed.

Who wouldn't have taken that deal if it had been offered at the start of the season?

This sums up EXACTLY what I'm thinking. Very well put Zulater.

stillers4me
12-19-2010, 07:16 PM
And on a lighter note...didn't Flozell look hilarious when he picked up that fumble and tried to run with it? :lol:

fansince'76
12-19-2010, 07:17 PM
SteelersDigest (http://twitter.com/#%21/SteelersDigest) Steelers Digest

Definitely takes some of the sting away.

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Heard this during the post-game show on the radio. That is definitely good news. As we've seen over the past few years, all you have to do is get into the dance. After that, anything can happen.

kmsteelerwr15
12-19-2010, 07:20 PM
And on a lighter note...didn't Flozell look hilarious when he picked up that fumble and tried to run with it? :lol:

Hey I thought it was a beautiful stiff arm :heh:

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Heard this during the post-game show on the radio. That is definitely good news. As we've seen over the past few years, all you have to do is get into the dance. After that, anything can happen.

I'm not sure a home game would benefit the Steelers. They don't play well at.home in big games.

tube517
12-19-2010, 07:34 PM
FLozell's stiff arm nearly killed that guy.

zulater
12-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure a home game would benefit the Steelers. They don't play well at.home in big games.

Due to injuries we need the bye.

We won SB XLIII with the second seed, that's going to be the road again.

salamander
12-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Every year there's a team that plows through the regular season and are crowned the Super Bowl favorites. They earn the #1 seed and home field advantage. This year that top team is the Patriots. How often does the #1 seed actually win, let alone even make it to the Super Bowl? Last year was the first time in a long time that both top seeds actually made it. I still feel good about our chances. Say what you want, but that's just how I feel.

st33lersguy
12-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't get too cocky, we were supposed to beat tghe Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns last year aswell

steelerdude15
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Let's go Packers

Carolina Steelers
12-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Don't get too cocky, we were supposed to beat tghe Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns last year aswell

I hear what your saying but that was last yr I still like are chances this yr. We will not lose both games

SteelerEmpire
12-19-2010, 08:07 PM

Yea. It has been a long road but we made it. I "honestly" don't know man. I don't see that "angle" of resilience and backbone we had going into the playoffs in the years we won our last 2 SB's. The Offense is not ready for the playoffs... plain and simple. IN ADDITION, we've been the victims of bad officiating all season so its like "the house" is against us. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would be "surprised" if we made it to the AFC Championship... not standing here looking at this team right now I don't feel good about it...

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Yea. It has been a long road but we made it. I "honestly" don't know man. I don't see that "angle" of resilience and backbone we had going into the playoffs in the years we won our last 2 SB's. The Offense is not ready for the playoffs... plain and simple. IN ADDITION, we've been the victims of bad officiating all season so its like "the house" is against us. I'm not saying it can't happen, but I would be "surprised" if we made it to the AFC Championship... not standing here looking at this team right now I don't feel good about it...

The offense wasn't "ready for the playoffs" in 2008 either, and they still won it all.

Let's not count them out just yet.

Chidi29
12-19-2010, 08:32 PM
The offense wasn't "ready for the playoffs" in 2008 either, and they still won it all.

Let's not count them out just yet.

And it's all about just getting in. We all know what can happen once you get to that point.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Wdf does that mean

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey I thought it was a beautiful stiff arm :heh:

Dont forget the little cutback juke :)

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 08:39 PM

Wdf does that mean

Combined win percentage of the teams they've faced...AKA strength of schedule.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 08:40 PM

so for sure we're mathematically in the playoffs?

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 08:40 PM
so for sure we're mathematically in the playoffs?

Um, if they say they've clinched a playoff berth, I think that means they're mathematically in the playoffs...

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Um, if they say they've clinched a playoff berth, I think that means they're mathematically in the playoffs...

gotcha, they just worded it weird for me...

polamalubeast
12-19-2010, 08:47 PM

:bananalama::tt03::tt03:

zulater
12-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Obviously I'm frustrated with the loss. But overall I'm ok with where the Steelers stand today going into the stretch run of the season.

Is there anyone here that would have turned down 12-4 if it was offered to you in August? And that's where I think this regular season ends up.

tube517
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I'll take it but we're not there yet. But, you are right. Not many thought we could make the playoffs, let alone have 10-12 wins.

Obviously I'm frustrated with the loss. But overall I'm ok with where the Steelers stand today going into the stretch run of the season.

Is there anyone here that would have turned down 12-4 if it was offered to you in August? And that's where I think this regular season ends up.

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 09:43 PM

Problem is, they have lost to nearly all of those teams that contributed to that strength of schedule...at home no less.

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 09:44 PM

I agree with you. It's just the way this team loses games is maddening.

zulater
12-19-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree with you. It's just the way this team loses games is maddening.

They way they win can be a pain at times too. :lol:

Seriously though, I'd love to face the Jets again in the playoffs.

They wouldn't beat us again.

BuddhaBus
12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
They way they win can be a pain at times too. :lol:

Seriously though, I'd love to face the Jets again in the playoffs.

They wouldn't beat us again.

I couldn't agree more.

X-Terminator
12-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Actually, I'd have thought you were nuts if you thought they legitimately could be 12-4. I think I predicted they finish 9-7 with a shot at 10-6 and a WC berth, so my expectations have been met and will be exceeded with just 1 more win.

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Steelers Football=Win ugly!