PDA

View Full Version : No Polamalu , you guessed it , a LOSS

venom
12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Amazing how it happens . If Troy is out , the Steelers lose . The D was awful today . Couldn't force a fumble , giving up big 3rd down plays to a team that couldn't score an Off touchdown in almost 2 months. Im f'ing pissed !

Shawn
12-19-2010, 06:31 PM
I'd still rather have Troy healthy for the playoffs. This loss hurts, but we're still in good shape.

Psycho Ward 86
12-19-2010, 06:33 PM
We're still leading the division by half a game over the Ravens, and in all likelyhood, we'll still be the 2nd seed if we beat the Panthers and Browns.

venom
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
But you guys are not going to work with tons of Jets fans,,,, Serenity Now !!!!

Merchant
12-19-2010, 06:35 PM
We're still leading the division by half a game over the Ravens, and in all likelyhood, we'll still be the 2nd seed if we beat the Panthers and Browns.

That's too level-headed an approach. EVERYONE PANIC!!!

Carolina Steelers
12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I agree it sucks when Troy is out, but I think Mundy played a deceant game but I do agree no big plays by our D, and it seem when Troy's in there he make 1 maybe 2, But we got to face it I dont think Troy will play a full season again it just seems hes injury prone.

JayC
12-19-2010, 06:36 PM
just beat the panthers and browns and we're fine. there is no excuse to lose to either of those teams if we are superbowl contenders

Shawn
12-19-2010, 06:39 PM
But you guys are not going to work with tons of Jets fans,,,, Serenity Now !!!!

I'm in an office with a bunch of Eagles fans. They're going to be going nuts because they pulled a win out their asses on the last play of the game and I'm the lone Steelers fan. So believe me, I understand.

Burghfan58
12-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm in an office with a bunch of Eagles fans. They're going to be going nuts because they pulled a win out their asses on the last play of the game and I'm the lone Steelers fan. So believe me, I understand.

I'm with you. I have a few to contend with as well. Worst case scenario. Eagles vs. Baltimore or New England for the Bowl.

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 06:55 PM
I didn't go into this game expecting anything from the defense other than what I saw out there tonight. If the Steelers were going to beat the Jets, the offense was going to have to step up, which they did for the most part. But they still win the game if the ST doesn't shit the bed on the opening kickoff.

fansince'76
12-19-2010, 06:59 PM
just beat the panthers and browns and we're fine. there is no excuse to lose to either of those teams if we are superbowl contenders

If we lose to the Panthers and/or Browns, we deserve to sit out the postseason anyway.

pepsyman1
12-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I didn't get to see the game today, but we dominated the stats. SOMEBODY explain to me how we had 378 yards of offense, went 64% conversion rate on 3rd down, Mendy had 100 yards rushing and we STILL only scored 17 points?

I assumed we were gonna play pretty vanilla on defense...Coach D doesn't seem to have any balls when Troy isn't around.

BlastFurnace
12-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I didn't get to see the game today, but we dominated the stats. SOMEBODY explain to me how we had 378 yards of offense, went 64% conversion rate on 3rd down, Mendy had 100 yards rushing and we STILL only scored 17 points?

I assumed we were gonna play pretty vanilla on defense...Coach D doesn't seem to have any balls when Troy isn't around.

Happens all the time with this offense. They are great between the 20's and that's about it. The offense had opportunities to get points on their first 2 posessions, but came away with nothing...as usual.

X-Terminator
12-19-2010, 09:50 PM

Long drives will do that. They had a 96-yard TD drive and drove 81 yards on the final drive before stalling at the 10. That's almost half of their total yardage in just 2 drives. The Steelers had to deal with some poor field position for much of the game, so naturally they will gain gobs of yardage but not come up with a lot of points.

Galax Steeler
12-20-2010, 03:31 AM
All I can say is Troy didn't give up that kick off for a touchdown and he didn't give up that safety. So we could have won without him but we gave up those two big plays.