PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Darrelle Revis

stillers4me
12-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Former Aliquippa High School and University of Pittsburgh star Darrelle Revis is now in his fourth season as a pro. The following is an excerpt of the conversation the New York Jets’ star cornerback had with Pittsburgh reporters this week:

You were limited at practice early this week. Is there any chance of you not playing against the Steelers?
“I’m playing.”
How special is it for you to be playing at Heinz Field where you played in the 2003 WPIAL Class AA championship game and then again for home games when you played at Pitt?
“It’s very special to play back in your hometown and see family and friends you really don’t get to see during the course of the season. But I just want to get a win in my hometown.”
When you grew up as a kid cheering for Steelers, what did you think about the franchise?
“The Steelers are a very winning organization. Tough, very aggressive, that’s how they play football … aggressive, tough football. Growing up, you wanted to be like Rod Woodson or Kordell Stewart or Jerome Bettis … those types of guys.”

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/december/19/qa-darrelle-revis.html

Galax Steeler
12-19-2010, 08:32 AM
That is one guy I wish we could have drafted but he likes the dollar figures and we can't do that.

Moose
12-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Hopefully he'll have plenty of experience running down the field in PURSUIT of Wallace on the way to another STEELER TOUCHDOWN !! I have no feeling for player's of opponents teams...whether hometown boys or not !! Knock 'em down---Knock 'em out !! Instill a little 'black and blue' from the ' Black and Gold' !!

Steeldude
12-19-2010, 02:47 PM
he wanted to be like kordell??? revis has mental issues