PDA

View Full Version : Injuries make bye essential for Steelers

stillers4me
12-19-2010, 07:58 AM
For all intents and purposes, the Steelers are in the playoffs.

A win over the New York Jets today or the Carolina Panthers coupled with a regular-season finale victory at Cleveland, and it doesn't matter how Baltimore finishes its season.

But what does matter is that the Steelers stay in line to be awarded a first-round bye.
Without it, they have no chance.

Without it, it could very well be a one-and-done postseason.

Without it, for sure, there will be no Super Bowl.

The Steelers are so banged up that they are approaching their breaking point................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_714424.html

SMR
12-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Never say never.

Burghfan58
12-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Every team is banged up. Some more than others obviously. I don't feel confident in the Steelers going up to Cleveland and winning when the Brownies with nothing to lose will be hell bent on throwing a monkey wrench into the Steelers season. Ideal scenario is a win today and Thursday would take the heat off and allow them to rest some players against the Browns as well as getting the bye week.

Wheelz
12-19-2010, 09:11 AM
3 cheers for Goodell and an 18 game regular season!

*tic*

Moose
12-19-2010, 09:27 AM
I agree too that a win today would make things alot easier. I also agree that 'resting' some players would be nice, but then I don't want to fall into the results that Indy had when they decided to 'rest' their players before the play-offs. Sometimes letting the regulars play out is better...but NOT having them exert themselves in order to win the final game or two. Right now we all know that the cheaters and Marcia Brady are playing lights out football and will definitely be almost impossible to beat at their house...repeating--'almost impossible' ! I think we could give them a good run for it, but ALL of our players will have to be healthy, and our offense will have to score TD's along with our defense scoring TD's. It's going to take a healthy team, a mistake free, discipline game to come out of N.E. with a win---which I think Ben and the guys can do. We definitely are going to need Troy, so resting him is essential. Ben needs to keep playing. Hines can rest, he's always good also. The other RB's and WR's need to keep playing also to keep their timing ... but could tone it down a notch or two. Just my opinion.