PDA

View Full Version : Friends Grove City Outlet Shopping at the Steeler Store encounter

Stlrs4Life
12-18-2010, 12:08 PM
What do yous think of this? A co worker of mine is a Browns fan, and has grandchildren that are Steeler fans. She lives in Warren, Ohio. She was Christmas shopping in Grove City Outlet Mall at the Steelers Store there. She goes in wearing a Browns jersey. (I'm thinking, 1st mistake) She says she was totally harassed and mocked the entire time she was there, mainly from the sales clerks there working. Which in a way I don't think they should do that considering that she was there to buy gifts and spend some money. But I figure that they were just kidding with her. But she probably took it that they were serious. I told her, what do you expect? I wouldn't go to a Browns store wearing Steelers stuff. And if I did, I would expect them to berate me.

stillers4me
12-18-2010, 02:08 PM
The customer is always right, even if they have on a Browns jersey.

7willBheaven
12-18-2010, 02:35 PM
But I figure that they were just kidding with her. But she probably took it that they were serious.

I would think this is the case...i've been different places where people may say something about my Steelers gear or whatever but its just in good fun (almost anytime I go to Cleveland...esp for public events at the Q/etc...i try to wear Steelers stuff on purpose, haha). If there were being serious a-holes then thats a different story.

LLT
12-18-2010, 03:20 PM
What do yous think of this? A co worker of mine is a Browns fan, and has grandchildren that are Steeler fans. She lives in Warren, Ohio. She was Christmas shopping in Grove City Outlet Mall at the Steelers Store there. She goes in wearing a Browns jersey. (I'm thinking, 1st mistake) She says she was totally harassed and mocked the entire time she was there, mainly from the sales clerks there working. Which in a way I don't think they should do that considering that she was there to buy gifts and spend some money. But I figure that they were just kidding with her. But she probably took it that they were serious. I told her, what do you expect? I wouldn't go to a Browns store wearing Steelers stuff. And if I did, I would expect them to berate me.

Hmmmmm....with a browns jersey on....they might have thought she was indigent. (jk)

You are right...even if they were just "teasing", they should have made sure she felt welcomed and her patronage was appreciated.

Devilsdancefloor
12-18-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah i ALWAYS get grief no matter where i go here it is wither the colts or the bungles even some bears fan ( my daughters Boyfriend ugh im tired of hearing him already). But when i wear my gear i expect to hear it from most people, but if i was in a store buying stuff i better get the sense they are joking or i will walk out.

Chidi29
12-18-2010, 03:39 PM
If they were serious, those people should be fired. Completely unprofessional.

beSteelmyheart
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
If they were serious, those people should be fired. Completely unprofessional.
True! If I was working there I might have thrown out a joke like "you might be in the wrong store" but I would make it clear that I was kidding & treat them well.

SteelerFanInStl
12-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Seriously? Any sane person would expect to catch some flack wearing a Browns jersey into a Steelers store. Most likely it was nothing more than good natured ribbing.

stlrtruck
12-18-2010, 08:30 PM
The customer is always right, even if they have on a Browns jersey.

No sir, I believe this might be the one exception to the rule.

CanadianSteel
12-18-2010, 10:27 PM
I have been in that store many times and people were friendly..... Most likely a few jokes or comment about her wearing a BrownStains jersey (see I am doing it even while typing) thta was taken the wrong way....

I would exp[ect the same wearing Steeler gear into a "Browns" store

HometownGal
12-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Seriously? Any sane person would expect to catch some flack wearing a Browns jersey into a Steelers store. Most likely it was nothing more than good natured ribbing.

This. ^^ I suppose if I was a fan of a team that hadn't won a division championship in 20+ years or an NFL/Super Bowl Championship in 45+, I'd be a little sensitive too. :heh: We as Steelers fans are BLESSED. :thumbsup:

Several years ago, my late husband and I took a day trip to Cleveland and went to the Tower City Mall (absolutely gorgeous!) and we both wore Steelers t-shirts. We got heckled but a couple of people and had a group of teens go past us and say under their breath (but loud enough for us to hear) - "Steelers suck". At that time, we hadn't won the 6th Lombardi yet so all I did was hold up 5 fingers and smiled at them and the one young man smiled back and said "touche". :lol: I expected nothing less wearing Steelers gear in Browns country.

Galax Steeler
12-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Hopefully they were only kidding with this person.

Mamaduck43
12-19-2010, 07:37 AM
Funny - - yesterday I was finishing my Xmas shopping - - in my Steelers Universe T-shirt and a hand made Steelers winter hat - - in Green Bay, WI...... Of course, I saw a lot of Packer gear, but suddenly, a gentleman made eye contact with me and said, 'I like your hat and shirt!!!!' He was wearing a Steelers' jacket, so I returned the compliment!!!! Good fun... I did do some shopping in the Packer shop at the store - - my son in law has lived here all his life and is as loyal to his team as I am to mine, and I almost always buy him something Packer!!! A couple of years ago, I got him a Build a bear in a Packer uniform, but I also got to name it..... "Steeler", it is.....

Wallace108
12-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Being surrounded by Browns fans, I can tell you they have no sense of humor. Take a look at SirHulka if you don't believe me. :heh: I would think you'd have to have a good sense of humor to be a Browns fan. :noidea: