PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey: Jets D Is “Raven Times Ten”

stillers4me
12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
The Fan’s Jim Colony catches up with Steelers’ center Maurkice Pouncey in his weekly interview.

Pouncey tells Jim what he and the offense will have to do to counter the Jets defense, which he says is the “Ravens times ten.” After watching film all week, Pouncey adds that the Jets will blitz more often and “do a lot different crazier stuff.”

Pouncey says he and the Steelers’ offensive line are confident heading into Sunday; but they’re not taking any chances.

To counter the Jets defense, Pouncey adds that he and other players are taking film home to watch outside of practice.................

Listen @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/12/17/pouncey-jets-d-is-raven-times-ten/

Stlrs4Life
12-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I find it hard to believe, but I'm no X's and O's guy.

steelpride12
12-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Well as long as the OL is preparing like they are 10X's better than I'm OK with that. They cannot have the performance like they did the last 2 weeks if Ben wants to have anytime to find receivers and lead this offense and we all know the Jets will bring the bodies and blitz almost every down.

HometownGal
12-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Well as long as the OL is preparing like they are 10X's better than I'm OK with that. They cannot have the performance like they did the last 2 weeks if Ben wants to have anytime to find receivers and lead this offense and we all know the Jets will bring the bodies and blitz almost every down.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :applaudit: Kudos to the guys for taking home some homework and getting to know the Jets D as best they can before this afternoon's game. I think that says a whole lot about this OL making every effort to improve their game. :drink: The Jets D is a bit gimped up here and there but make no mistake about it - they will be bringing it.

Here's to our OL playing above and beyond today :drink: and please - NO INJURIES! :pray:

Galax Steeler
12-19-2010, 06:11 AM
I hope Pouncey and company are ready for the Jets we can't afford to let Ben get killed or hurt before the playoffs start.

BigPoppaG
12-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Pouncy is a Rookie. He hasn't got a full grasp of what a good defense is yet. He needs to play more teams then the ones in just a season. Let him get some years under his belt, then I can put some validity in what he says.
No bashing Pouncy. I see him as being one of the great ones in the near future.

SMR
12-19-2010, 07:59 AM
Pouncy is a Rookie. He hasn't got a full grasp of what a good defense is yet. He needs to play more teams then the ones in just a season. Let him get some years under his belt, then I can put some validity in what he says.
No bashing Pouncy. I see him as being one of the great ones in the near future.

I totally concur.