PDA

View Full Version : Farrior doesn't regret move from Jets to Steelers

stillers4me
12-18-2010, 07:04 AM
By John Harris (jharris@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 18, 2010

• Defensive captain James Farrior got his NFL start with the New York Jets. Farrior was Jets coach Bill Parcells' first first-round draft pick, No. 8 overall from Virginia. Farrior signed with the Steelers as a free agent in 2002 and has won two Super Bowls and played in three AFC Championship Games. The Jets have had five coaches and played in one AFC Championship Game since Farrior left. "I expected to be with the Jets. They were the team that drafted me,'' Farrior said. "But you know how the business is. You learn that sometimes you've got to go to other teams. I was fine with the decision they made. I was happy to be here. Everything worked out great. I couldn't have been in a better situation. I love this team."

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_714375.html

Kittyfish
12-18-2010, 07:46 AM
I bet Farrior's happy to be here - look at the fortunes of the Steelers vs the Jets during the course of his career (or since SBIII for that matter). Who wouldn't rather have been with Pittsburgh? FWIW, I'm happy he's here too. :-D

GoSlash27
12-18-2010, 08:31 AM
It's not just a matter of winning games, it's the entire culture. James gets that and we love having him here.

HollywoodSteel
12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Farrior benefited from the move... but so did we. He's been instrumental in making Lebeau's defense work on the field. He's probably the smartest defender we have. They don't put that little green dot on his helmet for nothing.

pepsyman1
12-18-2010, 05:02 PM
You know the other really nice thing? After the rough year that the defense had last year, many people had written Farrior off, to old, to slow, etc.....but here we are a year later and he's been playing great along with the rest of our defense. Just wish LeBeau would let him do that crossing blitz more often. We usually only see it when Foote is in the game instead of Timmons.

Wheelz
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
James Farrior and Heath Miller have by themselves have enamored Steelers fans to the University of Virginia.

I still have a lot of family there, and you'd be surprised how many Steelers fans there are down there just because of those two. Heath was positively beloved in Virginia, and James was very popular also.

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
2 superbowl rings, it's been a rough time for Farrior :chuckle:.

Linebacker James Harrison will use money given him by fans to help pay his NFL fines to throw a Christmas party for needy children and their families.
^I love this, just a huge middle finger to Roger Goodell.

zulater
12-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Quietly and fairly anonymously Potsie's having a tremendous season, one that should earn him a Pro Bowl berth, but probably wont.

Count Steeler
12-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't regret his move to the Steelers either. Thanks for coming over James, and being part of #5 and #6. Now hopefully we can make a run to #7.

tube517
12-18-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm a proud Hokie and I hate UVA as much as I hate the Cryboys/Cheats/Raisins/Bungles/Stains but damn if Farrior and Heath bring some guts to the Steelers.

James Farrior and Heath Miller have by themselves have enamored Steelers fans to the University of Virginia. I still have a lot of family there, and you'd be surprised how many Steelers fans there are down there just because of those two. Heath was positively beloved in Virginia, and James was very popular also.

HometownGal
12-19-2010, 06:01 AM
Potsie is one of my favorite Steelers and I've proudly "worn" him in my signature for several years. He is a leader on the field and in the LR and I feel so blessed to have him in the black and gold. :tt02: He's had a damned good season thus far and I see that continuing into the playoffs. I see him playing another 2-3 seasons and I hope I'm right!

Linebacker James Harrison will use money given him by fans to help pay his NFL fines to throw a Christmas party for needy children and their families.

As Harrison accumulated $125,000 in fines for four different infractions, fans began sending him money to help pay them. Many were sent anonymously, so Harrison could not return them.

Harrison decided last month to take the money and start the James Harrison Family Foundation, a nonprofit organization that will assist children in emergency situations. The foundation's first event will be a brunch with Santa Claus at Heinz Field today, with other Steelers expected to attend.

The foundation is designed to aid children with illnesses or disabilities and families in crisis situations.

This is awesome and I'm happy my donation will be used for such a wonderful purpose! :applaudit: :drink: James!