PDA

View Full Version : Felt good to get that off my chest

The WH
12-17-2010, 02:12 PM
This is what I told a Redskins fan that was giving me shit for cheering for the Steelers as long as "Rapistberger" as the QB.

I won´t change the team i cheer for because the QB has personal issues. if you think less of me because i won't or that i am glad to see the Steelers succeed with even Ben at the helm, then fuck off.I´m tired of it.

This POS would give his scalp to have Ben winning games for the Skins instead of Chunky Soup losing his job to Rex Grossman.

zulater
12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Tell him you'd root for no team at all, before you'd cheer for the team with the most racist name in all of sports.

The allegations against Ben are simply that, allegations, the alleged victims in both cases never even bothered to see it through to a Grand Jury where they would have to subject themselves to cross examination.

But the name Redskin is without doubt vile and racist in nature. And that's no accident, or remnant of the times they came from. Their founder George Preston Marshall was the last owner in major proffesional sports to integrate his team. He had his team band play Dixie when opposing black players were intoduced.

So fuck him and his Redskins too. and good luck with Rex grossman. :lol:

steel striker
12-17-2010, 02:32 PM
I'm with you man and, it gets real old that people just can't move on. When off the field issues happen that player can't go back and change what happened. All you can do is move forward. For me as long as Ben is a steeler I will support him and, I know he will make that proper changes in his life.

Burghfan58
12-17-2010, 02:37 PM
It boils down to one thing. Jealousy of a Quality orginization and its success.

fansince'76
12-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm with you man and, it gets real old that people just can't move on. When off the field issues happen that player can't go back and change what happened. All you can do is move forward. For me as long as Ben is a steeler I will support him and, I know he will make that proper changes in his life.

Get used to it. We will hear it for as long as he's in a Steelers uniform.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-17-2010, 02:40 PM
It truly is amazing how many people say that about Ben to this day. What did he actually do?? Went out and had a good time with some friends, drank and had fun with the ladies?? Sooooo.. He was never found guilty of anything and who really knows if he did anything wrong in the first place. He didn't murder anyone like Ray Lewis and Stallworth or kill dogs for fun like Vick or shoot himself like Plaxicco or get caught with drugs like Holmes and NO DUI's even. There is no just cause to keep calling him a rapist. And if you are a Steelers fan and still think he is dirty off the field then we don't need you either.. Bye, Bye

Burghfan58
12-17-2010, 02:48 PM
It truly is amazing how many people say that about Ben to this day. What did he actually do?? Went out and had a good time with some friends, drank and had fun with the ladies?? Sooooo.. He was never found guilty of anything and who really knows if he did anything wrong in the first place. He didn't murder anyone like Ray Lewis and Stallworth or kill dogs for fun like Vick or shoot himself like Plaxicco or get caught with drugs like Holmes and NO DUI's even. There is no just cause to keep calling him a rapist. And if you are a Steelers fan and still think he is dirty off the field then we don't need you either.. Bye, Bye

Well stated. There are a lot of ignorant people in the world. Some adults act like children or worse. Best thing is to ignore them because they will never go away.

fansince'76
12-17-2010, 02:50 PM
The allegations against Ben are simply that, allegations, the alleged victims in both cases never even bothered to see it through to a Grand Jury where they would have to subject themselves to cross examination.

Speaking of which, and slightly off topic, still waiting for Perrish Cox's "visit with Goodell" since being ARRESTED and CHARGED, as opposed to simply being accused of sexual assault with no arrest or charges filed. Strange how silent the sports media is about it too - almost TWO MONTHS after the alleged incident was reported. I'd be willing to bet I still wouldn't have heard jack shit about it if I didn't actually live in the Denver metro area, where it took place. No fifth-hand accounts/smear jobs regarding what a dick Perrish Cox was in junior high school regurgitated 50,000 times, nosiree. :coffee:

BeerMan
12-17-2010, 02:53 PM
It's amazing how many people are still holding on to it. I was reading a Jets' board yesterday about Sunday's matchup, and it degraded into how we cheer for a rapist. It literally made me sick to think that Ben is so hated for something he didn't even do. People would rather cling to the few facts they know and spout hatred than to really look into the details of the investigation. And since nobody could come up with any proof, either the evidence was swept under the rug (or the tapes erased), or Ben paid off the girl & her family. The only light at the end of the tunnel is that Vick is the leading vote-getter at QB for the Pro Bowl, so maybe there's hope for Ben.

fansince'76
12-17-2010, 02:57 PM
It's amazing how many people are still holding on to it. I was reading a Jets' board yesterday about Sunday's matchup, and it degraded into how we cheer for a rapist.

Yeah, never mind Sanchez's own sexual assault ARREST (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430) at USC. Guess "Dirty Sanchez" IZ A RAPIST too!:coffee:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I hack on Ray Lewis for what he did, Joe Montana for leaving a dear john letter for his 2nd wife at 49ers front office, Leonard Little for vehicular manslaughter........so I expect flak for Ben's problems from other fans and accept it.

Gotta be able to separate being a fan of a team from what athletes do off the field.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, never mind Sanchez's own sexual assault ARREST (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430) at USC. Guess "Dirty Sanchez" IZ A RAPIST too!:coffee:

So what was the outcome??? He graduated and is now a QB in the NFL as we all know... Did USC pay for this to all go away??

fansince'76
12-17-2010, 03:21 PM
So what was the outcome??? He graduated and is now a QB in the NFL as we all know... Did USC pay for this to all go away??

The D.A. didn't file charges (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=4209059), ultimately. But that doesn't matter - he's still a rapist, using the standard of evidence being applied to Ben's case, i.e., allegation = guilt. :coffee:

salamander
12-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I deal with this crap all the time from an Eagles fan who also thinks that Vick is a God because he's having ONE good season. We just need to get used to it and take it in stride.

Just remember: 6 Lombardis for the Steelers, two of those coming with Ben at the helm. So everyone else can just f*ck off.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-17-2010, 03:28 PM
The D.A. didn't file charges (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local&id=4209059), ultimately. But that doesn't matter - he's still a rapist, using the standard of evidence being applied to Ben's case, i.e., allegation = guilt. :coffee:

So from that news article it says they did have sex but could not prove it was forced on her.. Is her word not good enough.. Something doesn't sound right there..

7SteelGal43
12-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Well my answer is "if Ben were CONVICTED or even actually CHARGED in criminal court of rape/sexual assault, I might hang up my Steelers garb 'til he's gone. However, because his only crime (at least as far any evidence presented would lead me to believe) is being a typical horny male, I'ma yell for my Steelers til I'm hoarse while PROUDLY wearin my #7 jersey............................so fuck off"

Bluecoat96
12-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Speaking of which, and slightly off topic, still waiting for Perrish Cox's "visit with Goodell" since being ARRESTED and CHARGED, as opposed to simply being accused of sexual assault with no arrest or charges filed. Strange how silent the sports media is about it too - almost TWO MONTHS after the alleged incident was reported. I'd be willing to bet I still wouldn't have heard jack shit about it if I didn't actually live in the Denver metro area, where it took place. No fifth-hand accounts/smear jobs regarding what a dick Perrish Cox was in junior high school regurgitated 50,000 times, nosiree. :coffee:

Sadly, it boils down to the fact that Ben is the superbowl winning quarterback of one of the nation's most popular sports franchises, as opposed to DB for a shitty team like Cox, or a crappy QB like good ol' Dirty Sanchez. It's not like Goodell has ever been consistent with his discipline/fines in the past. Why would he start now? I'd just love to see some nut-job fan just kick Goodell in the sac at an NFL game.

O'Malley
12-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Sadly, it boils down to the fact that Ben is the superbowl winning quarterback of one of the nation's most popular sports franchises, as opposed to DB for a shitty team like Cox, or a crappy QB like good ol' Dirty Sanchez. It's not like Goodell has ever been consistent with his discipline/fines in the past. Why would he start now? I'd just love to see some nut-job fan just kick Goodell in the sac at an NFL game.

I have been waiting for that since the first fine was handed out!:buttkick::bolt:

Butch
12-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Lame attempt to flame Steeler fans is all that boils down to. Talk to skins fans about how great it feels to go to their home stadium only to see it is filled with fans waving terrible towels??? I know their players were pretty p.o.'ed about it, but I'm sure the fanbase didn't give a rats ass after all they were the ones who sold 'em. See us Steeler fans don't have to worry about that we fill our own stadium and we fill other stadiums as well. I'm sure our QB is secure in knowing he plays for the best fans in the NFL to bad the skids can't say the same thing.

BTW how is that whole shanahan thing workin' out for them??? Who's their QB again!?!?!? Bet they all love that pony backfield they tried to get bringing in all those washed up rbs. What a bunch of sad sack losers!!!

solardave
12-18-2010, 02:53 AM
It boils down to one thing. Jealousy of a Quality orginization and its success.

Right on the nose. Nuff said!!!

steelreserve
12-18-2010, 04:49 AM
So from that news article it says they did have sex but could not prove it was forced on her.. Is her word not good enough.. Something doesn't sound right there..

He got drunk and banged a drunk college chick when we was, like ... 19. No harm, no foul; we've all done that. The difference with Ben was that he did it when he was pushing 30, and by that point, people expect better than that.

No, regardless of what's happened on the field, I still can't say I'm proud of Ben Roethlisberger the man. Maybe that changes over time if he really is serious about getting his shit together, but the recent junk is still fresh enough. Yes, it's separate from the game or the team, but it's as legitimate a reason for opposing fans to give you shit as anything you'll find. It's not like there aren't a boatload of reasons on or off the field to give shit in return to the fans of just about every other team. The Saints are probably the only one I can't think of anything for, unless you want to bring up Katrina, which is not beneath me. You deal with it and watch the game, which usually goes in our favor. Oh fucking well.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-18-2010, 06:48 AM
He got drunk and banged a drunk college chick when we was, like ... 19. No harm, no foul; we've all done that. The difference with Ben was that he did it when he was pushing 30, and by that point, people expect better than that.

Age shouldn't matter... There are plenty of 30 years out there that act like 19 years. Trust me when I say that because I acted just like that 7 years ago. Both girls called foul play.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-18-2010, 07:08 AM
Wow.. So I posted the 2 news articles on a Ratbird's forum and they said there is a difference. It's ok because Sanchez was 19 and trolling around college parties looking for chicks. Ben on the other hand was 29 and knows better at his age. Hmmm.. Yeah, that makes sense.. I guess we need to change the age that someone becomes an adult.

The WH
12-18-2010, 08:02 AM
So at 19 it´s socially acceptable....but at 30 it's not? that's dumb.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-18-2010, 08:15 AM
So at 19 it´s socially acceptable....but at 30 it's not? that's dumb.

Ratbird comment:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/customavatars/avatar26512_5.gif (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=26512) Strange Bru (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=26512) http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/icons/icon1.gif
I know it's never alright to try and force yourself on a woman, but there is a big difference between doing that when you are 19 years old and living on your own for the first time in your life and another to doing it when you are 27-28 years old and been on your own for 9-10 years. And it is really wrong to do it again after escaping from charges the first time. Like they say third time is a charm, Pig Ben better keep little Ben in his pants. Maybe even have a lawyer make up some waiver forms for Ben to get girls to sign before he goes out again.

siss
12-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Wow that guy is an idiot. Ben didn't escape any charges the first time. There were no charges, because there was no investigation, because the women bragged about having sex with him after the fact.
But people shouldn't let the truth get in the way of their version of the events.

CanadianSteel
12-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Just tell them Ben is reformed and only things he rapes is defenses.... well once Arians is gone :)

HometownGal
12-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Ratbird comment:

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/customavatars/avatar26512_5.gif (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=26512) Strange Bru (http://talk.baltimoresun.com/member.php?u=26512) http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/icons/icon1.gif
I know it's never alright to try and force yourself on a woman, but there is a big difference between doing that when you are 19 years old and living on your own for the first time in your life and another to doing it when you are 27-28 years old and been on your own for 9-10 years. And it is really wrong to do it again after escaping from charges the first time. Like they say third time is a charm, Pig Ben better keep little Ben in his pants. Maybe even have a lawyer make up some waiver forms for Ben to get girls to sign before he goes out again.

This coming from a guy who has Stabbit Ray and the drunk murderer Stallworth on his team? :lol: :rofl: :lol:

Words of the day . . . . glass houses. Stones.

fansince'76
12-19-2010, 01:21 PM
Uh, rape is rape is rape. There's a reason Sanchez was ARRESTED. When it comes to discourse regarding "rapist QBs," Jets fans in particular would be best served by simply shutting the f*ck up about it.