PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore: "Why I'm Posting Bail For WikiLeaks Founder"

SteelerEmpire
12-17-2010, 11:12 AM
This guy's really playing with fire now... in my opinion...

December 14th, 2010 6:23 AM
Why I'm Posting Bail Money for Julian Assange

By Michael Moore

Yesterday, in the Westminster Magistrates Court in London, the lawyers for WikiLeaks co-founder Julian Assange presented to the judge a document from me stating that I have put up $20,000 of my own money to help bail Mr. Assange out of jail.

Furthermore, I am publicly offering the assistance of my website, my servers, my domain names and anything else I can do to keep WikiLeaks alive and thriving as it continues its work to expose the crimes that were concocted in secret and carried out in our name and with our tax dollars.

LINK: http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/why-im-posting-bail-money

7SteelGal43
12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Michael Moore really is a piece of shit. Maybe he was lamenting his 15 minutes of fame being gone and is trying for just 15 more. Asshole.

venom
12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Typical anti-American asswipe . Must be a liberal .

SteelMember
12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
He's probably funding his new movie...

Top Secret: What the government hides for you.

Stir it up, Mike. Everyone should know everything. Freedom if information and all. :rolleyes:

fansince'76
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
He's probably funding his new movie...

Top Secret: What the government hides for you.

Stir it up, Mike. Everyone should know everything. Freedom if information and all. :rolleyes:

http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/tin-foil-cat.jpg

:chuckle:

Godfather
12-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Someone needs to do a "Sicko" documentary about Masscare.

And write a Lies and Lying Liars book about the left.

X-Terminator
12-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Can we just kick this fuckin' guy out of the country already, since he obviously hates it so much? Just gather up all of the America-haters, give them an island and let them go start their own utopian society.

SO sick and tired of Moore, MoveOn.org and the assjacks who follow them.

JonM229
12-18-2010, 09:02 AM
Even as a liberal, I could never stand Michael Moore. I've never sat through any of his movies and never plan to.

LLT
12-18-2010, 09:18 AM
http://egoist.blogspot.com/AndTheLoserIs-X.gif

st33lersguy
12-18-2010, 11:02 AM
The reason Michael Moore is posting bail? Because he is a traitor.

LLT
12-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Even as a liberal, I could never stand Michael Moore. I've never sat through any of his movies and never plan to.

Thats because you are an ideological Liberal...not a knee-jerk Liberal.

7SteelGal43
12-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Speaking of Michael Moore and Wikileaks, I found this interesting.Wonder if Michael Moore will put a 'stop payment' on that check he wrote for Mr Wikileaks bail ?!

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/12/17/great-news-cuba-banned-michael-moore-documentary-for-being-too-rosy-about-cuban-health-care/

GoSlash27
12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I applaud Moore for posting Assange's bail, even if he *is* a disgusting weasel. Assange is completely within his rights to publish that info (even if it does make our government look bad) and the so-called "rape" charges (actually consentual sex without a condom) are obviously garbage.
Our media has laid down on the job keeping our government honest and he's the only guy with enough stones to do it for them.

7SteelGal43
12-18-2010, 03:06 PM
So exactly how much disclosure does our government owe us, GoSlash ? Especially on matters of national security, military operations, things of that nature ?

beSteelmyheart
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Did he actually make reports on troop movements or tactical strategy? Or did he just expose the equivalent of political gossip? there is a big difference.

GoSlash27
12-18-2010, 07:51 PM
So exactly how much disclosure does our government owe us, GoSlash ? Especially on matters of national security, military operations, things of that nature ?

Well... you'll notice that our government tends to classify a lot more these days than they did in the past. Not just on the items you mentioned, but literally everything that might be politically embarrassing. But that's a side-issue. What we're talking about here is the government obeying their own Constitution and following due process. The government owes us that 100% of the time.

7SteelGal43
12-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Did he actually make reports on troop movements or tactical strategy? Or did he just expose the equivalent of political gossip? there is a big difference.

A lot of military actions/movements were posted at Wikileaks (after the fact). I still stand by my assertion that one has to be careful how much disclosure we expect from our government and how much information (and what information) is leaked. Back in the day, we had a word for it. Treason.

The WH
12-19-2010, 12:59 PM
The government owes it the American people alot more disclosure than has been available in the past 50 years for sure.

GoSlash27
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
A lot of military actions/movements were posted at Wikileaks (after the fact). I still stand by my assertion that one has to be careful how much disclosure we expect from our government and how much information (and what information) is leaked. Back in the day, we had a word for it. Treason.

"Treason" is a narrowly defined legal term. One must aid and abet the enemy with no less than 2 witnesses during wartime. None of those apply here. Hell, Assange ain't even a U.S. citizen.

7SteelGal43
12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
"Treason" is a narrowly defined legal term. One must aid and abet the enemy with no less than 2 witnesses during wartime. None of those apply here. Hell, Assange ain't even a U.S. citizen.

ok, would you prefer "enemy of the state" ?

The WH
12-21-2010, 03:07 PM
what is he doing that's so threatening?

beSteelmyheart
12-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Letting truth be known? Careful, BoogyMen don't like the Sheeple to know the truth.

Craic
12-21-2010, 06:47 PM
The government owes it the American people alot more disclosure than has been available in the past 50 years for sure.

Abso-freaken-lutely not.

A govt. that can't keep black ops. black is a govt. destined to fail. This world isn't a pretty "let's all sing kumbaya and have a coke" world. It's a .307 at 1200 yards through the coke bottle right between the eyes while he's singing Kumbaya world. As much as he is hated and derided, Machiavelli was dead on accurate. That is probably WHY he was (and is) hated.

We elect a govt. to provide for our national defense, justice/protection of rights between/within the states, and commerce between the states. It seems kind of asinine to elect a govt. to provide for nat. defense, then hinder them at every single turn with questions and second guesses and what ifs (see church committee hearings), then demand a hundred laws tying their hands(see for instance, the wall between CIA-FBI), then rake them over the coals when 9-11 happens, or supposedly bad intel in Iraq on WMD (oops, can't just snipe Saddam, silly church committee), or now, as we face the possiblity of a horrid war once again on the Korean peninsula. :doh:

7SteelGal43
12-21-2010, 10:05 PM

WH, if you don't get it, I damn sure can't 'splain it to ya. See Preachers post just above me....that 'bout sums it up !

GoSlash27
12-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Nope. There is no declared state of war, and hence no "enemy". It would be one thing if Assange had converted to Islam and declared Jihad on America, but he didn't. His aim isn't to subvert and destroy us, but rather to correct what he sees as improper behavior through informing the voters. This is Constitutionally protected First Amendment behavior, and Supreme Court precedent is on his side.
Everyone from Holder on down knows this, so the question must be answered: If you know that you cannot legally touch this guy for what he's doing, does that make it okay to abuse your authority in order to stop him?
If this is a truly just and benevolent government, the answer should be obvious.

Wallace108
12-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Although I'm all for exposing government corruption, I don't think it's a good idea to expose national-security secrets and sensitive information, including confidential conversations between government leaders. Preacher summed it up pretty well.

Craic
12-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Nope. There is no declared state of war, and hence no "enemy". It would be one thing if Assange had converted to Islam and declared Jihad on America, but he didn't. His aim isn't to subvert and destroy us, but rather to correct what he sees as improper behavior through informing the voters. This is Constitutionally protected First Amendment behavior, and Supreme Court precedent is on his side.
Everyone from Holder on down knows this, so the question must be answered: If you know that you cannot legally touch this guy for what he's doing, does that make it okay to abuse your authority in order to stop him?
If this is a truly just and benevolent government, the answer should be obvious.

The problem is, legality and illegality are quite fluid at this level of statecraft. "Presidential Findings" quite often make the illegal into legal and legal into illegal. Posse commitatis? Only illegal because of a presidential finding. At any moment, it can be wiped away legally. No assasinations of heads of state? Actually, Church hearings not withstanding, THAT became law only through a presidential finding. "National Security" is also a giant trump card. In truth, the president simply has to declare something as a threat to our national security, give the order, and hunting season is open, with no bag limit. Heck, the operation doesn't even have to be reported to congress until 48 hours AFTER it has happened.

To quote a line from "The Cutting Edge", Legaaaality ellegaaaality-- It grey area!

The WH
12-22-2010, 07:08 AM
WH, if you don't get it, I damn sure can't 'splain it to ya. See Preachers post just above me....that 'bout sums it up !
I meant Michael Moore. I may have missed the post that brought the conversation focus back on the wikiLeaks founder. Sorry bout that.

7SteelGal43
12-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I meant Michael Moore. I may have missed the post that brought the conversation focus back on the wikiLeaks founder. Sorry bout that.

LOL it's applicable to both !!! OK OK, Michael Moore was simply showing his blinded by anti-American bias stupidity. Wiki-leaks founder....enemy of the state. Well, in my mind, so is Michael Moore, just not in the "we can get him in a court of law" kinda guilty.

The WH
12-22-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think Michael Moore hates america, I think he hates corporate greed and republicans.

I think Roger and Me was a wonderful film.

Craic
12-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't think Michael Moore hates america, I think he hates republicans.

What's the difference? :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
I'll have to disagree with Preacher because it almost sounds like he meant that only true Americans are Republicans..A person who loves his/her country cannot so easily fit into one nice neat party line. If more people would stop just blindly towing the Party Line, either Party's Line, this country would be alot better off. Many of us are really getting tired of the bickering & are desperate for something positive to be done for once!!!!
And I agree with Michael Moore's stance on the big corporations' greed-more of us should care, it's ruining our country!! Now only if Michael Moore would stop it with his own party agenda, he might be more effective.

Wallace108
12-22-2010, 07:19 PM
I'll have to disagree with Preacher because it almost sounds like he meant that only true Americans are Republicans..A person who loves his/her country cannot so easily fit into one nice neat party line.

If liberals love the country so much, then why are they always trying to change every aspect of it? :heh:

The Patriot
12-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I applaud Moore for posting Assange's bail, even if he *is* a disgusting weasel. Assange is completely within his rights to publish that info (even if it does make our government look bad) and the so-called "rape" charges (actually consentual sex without a condom) are obviously garbage.
Our media has laid down on the job keeping our government honest and he's the only guy with enough stones to do it for them.

This.

Craic
12-22-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll have to disagree with Preacher because it almost sounds like he meant that only true Americans are Republicans..A person who loves his/her country cannot so easily fit into one nice neat party line. If more people would stop just blindly towing the Party Line, either Party's Line, this country would be alot better off. Many of us are really getting tired of the bickering & are desperate for something positive to be done for once!!!!
And I agree with Michael Moore's stance on the big corporations' greed-more of us should care, it's ruining our country!! Now only if Michael Moore would stop it with his own party agenda, he might be more effective.

I guess you missed the :chuckle: after my post.

Wallace108
12-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I know this isn't a new revelation, but I find it hilarious that the guy who has no problem leaking information isn't so happy when information about HIM is leaked ...

Old friends are quickly becoming Julian Assange's new enemies.

The founder of the controversial whistleblower website WikiLeaks slammed British newspaper The Guardian for "selectively" publishing intimate details about his alleged sexual assaults against two women.

"The leak of the police report to The Guardian was clearly designed to undermine my bail application," the 39-year-old Australian told rival newspaper The Times on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/12/21/2010-12-21_wikileaks_julian_assange_turns_on_the_guardian_ after_paper_leaks_info_on_his_all.html#ixzz18txolu ZE

Craic
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I know this isn't a new revelation, but I find it hilarious that the guy who has no problem leaking information isn't so happy when information about HIM is leaked ...
Yep.. That is usually the problem. It's okay as long as it is about "them".

X-Terminator
12-22-2010, 09:28 PM
It's always like that when the shoe is on the other foot. Suck it up and deal, Julian. If it's OK for you to leak classified information to the media, then don't whine like a little bitch when it happens to you.

Craic
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Gotta disagree with you here. There are federal laws against the release of information deemed secret. Funny thing, when Valery Plame was supposedly "exposed", people screamed about keeping top secret-top secret. The entire witch-hunt was covered with that argument. Why then, does it not apply now? The leaker, whomever it is, broke the law and should be found, charged, convicted, and thrown in jail. If the results of any of these leaks cause the death of ANY U.S. serviceman or woman anywhere in the world, then they should also be brought up on accessory to murder charges. If that person is not an American, then go to his govt. and demand extradition.

The founder broke American laws with american documents. If he ever steps foot in America, he too should be charged, convicted, and put in jail.

Nation-states win and lose wars weeks, months, even years in the future when these kind of leaks are made. In the end, there is no difference between what happened here, and what Aldrich Ames, Hanssen, Wu Tai-Chin, or Pollard did.

Doc_Holiday
12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
Gotta disagree with you here. There are federal laws against the release of information deemed secret. Funny thing, when Valery Plame was supposedly "exposed", people screamed about keeping top secret-top secret. The entire witch-hunt was covered with that argument. Why then, does it not apply now? The leaker, whomever it is, broke the law and should be found, charged, convicted, and thrown in jail. If the results of any of these leaks cause the death of ANY U.S. serviceman or woman anywhere in the world, then they should also be brought up on accessory to murder charges. If that person is not an American, then go to his govt. and demand extradition.

The founder broke American laws with american documents. If he ever steps foot in America, he too should be charged, convicted, and put in jail.

Nation-states win and lose wars weeks, months, even years in the future when these kind of leaks are made. In the end, there is no difference between what happened here, and what Aldrich Ames, Hanssen, Wu Tai-Chin, or Pollard did.

Assange is a prick but he didn't violate our laws by posting what he was given.

The Soldier who leaked the documents to Assange is currently in a U.S. Military prison as we write on these forums. He should be punished for breaking U.S. Law. However, Assange didn't really break our laws as he didn't break into and steal them - they were given.

Assange is in jail for rape and if found guilty, he needs to be strung up in my opinion.

7SteelGal43
12-30-2010, 03:49 PM
If liberals love the country so much, then why are they always trying to change every aspect of it? :heh:

^ this.... x infinity. They just LOVE America so much they just wanna :poop: on everything about it and make it look completely opposite of what it's ever been.

The WH
12-30-2010, 04:10 PM
^ this.... x infinity. They just LOVE America so much they just wanna :poop: on everything about it and make it look completely opposite of what it's ever been.
democrats don't want to shit on everything that's american, they just want to shit on everything that's republican. and vice versa

tube517
12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
I'm sleepy, I though this said; Mewelde Moore......

7SteelGal43
12-30-2010, 05:24 PM
democrats don't want to shit on everything that's american, they just want to shit on everything that's republican. and vice versa

Sorry, I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.

Wallace108
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Which traditional American values and culture don't liberals want to shit on? Do tell ... :pop2:

I'm sleepy, I though this said; Mewelde Moore......
:toofunny:

JonM229
12-30-2010, 09:02 PM

The root word of Progressive is progress

Wallace108
12-30-2010, 09:20 PM

I just found out today that my company is forcing us to take hefty pay cuts. Effective at the end of January, I'll officially be making less than I did when I started with the company nearly 14 years ago. Is this what you mean by progress? If it is, then I rank it right up there with hope and change. :doh2:

Doc_Holiday
12-31-2010, 09:28 AM
I just found out today that my company is forcing us to take hefty pay cuts. Effective at the end of January, I'll officially be making less than I did when I started with the company nearly 14 years ago. Is this what you mean by progress? If it is, then I rank it right up there with hope and change. :doh2:

You're Lucky in some respect. The last place I worked laid off 1/3 of their staff in 2003 & 2005 and then at the merger in 2007 the staff went down another 10% with me included.

All years in between we all took anywhere between 5 - 12% pay cut. I was glad they let me go then. This economy sucks.

But back on topic. Michael Moore is a Douche and just needs to just shut up.

7SteelGal43
01-01-2011, 01:08 PM

First off Jon, we all know that progressive is code for socialist rat bastard.

Secondly, the only progress they care to make is turning America into a socialist cesspool.

Thanks, but no thanks.

7SteelGal43
01-01-2011, 01:12 PM
You're Lucky in some respect. The last place I worked laid off 1/3 of their staff in 2003 & 2005 and then at the merger in 2007 the staff went down another 10% with me included.

All years in between we all took anywhere between 5 - 12% pay cut. I was glad they let me go then. This economy sucks.

But back on topic. Michael Moore is a Douche and just needs to just shut up.

Ya hear that Wally ? You're a lucky lucky man :thumbsup:

suitanim
05-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Sorry, but I WAS gone for a long time. I was digging around in old posts and found this.

I actually think that Mike Moore is a "blind squirrel" type. "Roger and Me" was brilliant, and changed the genre of Doc's. But he bent the truth a little, and got addicted to it. He still has produced some thought provoking stuff. "Bowling for Columbine" was right on in the assertion that it is NOT guns that result in Americans penchant for violence, but fear. "Capitalism: A Love Story", was heavily flawed, but actually did some good because it did expose some things that were previously largely unknown to the general population, like the ass raping of the American taxpayer that a "Credit Default Swap" really is...although "Plunder: The Crime of Our time", "I.O.U.S.A." and "Inside Job" all do a better job of describing what went down.

He's a walking contradiction (like many, many liberals). He's literally made millions by twisting the truth and telling other people how he knows better than we do, and he could only do what he's done in the same Country that he's continually denigrated.

beSteelmyheart
05-23-2011, 07:52 PM
True, but you can compare him to Rush Limbaugh as to how they work the people of their own party line/philosophy to suit their own agenda & get rich in the process. But there is some sense to both sides & both of them should make us think for ourselves instead of just blindly following one or the other. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

zulater
05-23-2011, 08:24 PM
In two words I can tell you why Moore posted bail for Assange.

Self promotion. Notice he didn't do it anonymously.

Pretty much like everything Moore does it's about promoting the Micheal Moore brand. He's a shameless capatilist, pretty much the same as those he purportedly hates.

suitanim
05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
And he DOES hate Capitalism (except, you know, for when it benefits him)...although, if you really want to see anti-capitalism, rent the movie "the Corporation".

This is just another example of the continual stated of duplicity that many liberals live in, yet are blind to their own self-created dichotomies..but, boy can they point out other peoples problems!