PDA

View Full Version : Animal Sedative Used in Okla. Inmate's Execution

SteelerEmpire
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
The death penalty, the death penalty. Wow. It amazes me. I once got close enough to a group of Anti-Abortionists and asked exactly what they believe in regarding abortion. They said we regard the fetus as a human life and abortion is taking a human life. Then I asked the same group of people what they thought about the death penalty....... THEY ALL SUPPORTED IT !!! LOL ! Anyway...

Article

MCALESTER, Okla. (CBS/AP) Convicted murderer John David Duty was executed Thursday evening in Oklahoma, using a drug combination that included pentobarbital, a sedative often used to euthanize animals.

LINK: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20025984-504083.html?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.6

7SteelGal43
12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Well I am one of those who whole-heartedly oppose abortion and whole-heartedly support the death penalty, so...

smokin3000gt
12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
That's too bad.. they should have used a meatball with a chewy rat poiseny center.

Godfather
12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
I' against both abortion and the death penalty, but it's silly to worry about what drug was used to carry out the execution.

JonM229
12-18-2010, 09:07 AM
The death penalty, the death penalty. Wow. It amazes me. I once got close enough to a group of Anti-Abortionists and asked exactly what they believe in regarding abortion. They said we regard the fetus as a human life and abortion is taking a human life. Then I asked the same group of people what they thought about the death penalty....... THEY ALL SUPPORTED IT !!! LOL ! Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8

GoSlash27
12-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Armed robbery, kidnapping, first degree rape, shooting with intent, and first-degree murder (strangling his cell-mate with a bedsheet). Not only did he have zero remorse, but actually wrote the guy's mother immediately afterwards to rub her nose in it. And I quote...

Mary Wise,
Well by the time you get this letter you will already know that your son is
dead. I know now because I just killed him an hour ago. Gee you’d think
I’d be feeling some remorse but I’m not. I’ve been planning since the day
he moved in last Friday. Tonight I finally pulled it off. Would you like to
know how I did it? Well I told him I wanted to use him as a hostage. Hell
he went right for it, thinking he was gonna get some smokes out of the deal.
Well I tied him up hands and feet, then I strangled him. It’s not like the
movies, it took awhile. But I really did him a favor as he was to [sic] stupid
to live. I mean he didn’t know me 5 days and he let me tie him up like that,
Please! Besides he was young and dumb and would’ve just been in and out
of prison his whole life. So I saved him all the torment. I’ve been in 24
years, wish someone would have done me the same favor back then.
I guess you’re thinking I’ll be punished for this. Well not likely in this
county. The DA’s here are weak bitches and don’t give a damn about
deaths of inmates. We’re all just scum to them. Besides I’m doing 2 life
sentences so they can’t hurt me. But you can call them and tell them about
this letter, but it wouldn’t do you any good. Well I’m gonna close for now
and I’ll tell police in the morning about Curtis.

I'm supposed to feel remorse that he was put down with the same sedative we give puppies with parvo? Screw that. I wish he'd been "put down" by the general population with a shank while getting gang-raped.
/just sayin'...

smokin3000gt
12-18-2010, 01:38 PM
but he's a person too!! with FEELINGS! :violin:

beSteelmyheart
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
"Convicted murderer John David Duty was executed Thursday evening in Oklahoma, using a drug combination that included pentobarbital, a sedative often used to euthanize animals."
Hey, whatever works!!:thumbsup: