PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Pouncey drawing a lot of praise

stillers4me
12-17-2010, 07:38 AM
The Steelers' showdown against the visiting New York Jets Sunday will showcase of two of the best centers in the NFL.

And to think Nick Mangold and Maurkice Pouncey might have been teammates had the 2010 draft played out differently.
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, December 17, 2010

The Jets were intent on taking Pouncey if he fell to them late in the first round — even though Mangold is entrenched as their center and is likely headed to a third consecutive Pro Bowl.

"They were going to let go of the guard they had, (Alan) Faneca, and put me in there at left guard," said Pouncey, who met with Jets owner Woody Johnson and coach Rex Ryan last April during a pre-draft visit. "I'm glad I'm here."

The Steelers, who took Pouncey with the 18th overall pick in the 2010 draft, feel the same way.................

Read more : http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_714151.html

BigPoppaG
12-17-2010, 07:56 AM
The Center Tradition continues......

Imagine if he is this good as a rookie....what the future is going to look like!

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I am never a fan of having to make a rookie start for you, but when Gerald McCoy said Pouncey was probably the toughest lineman he played against in college....I had high hopes for him. The kid is solid, now we just need to add a solid OT in the draft.

salamander
12-17-2010, 10:42 AM
We got the Center, now lets get him some help on that line.

The Duke
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM
I am never a fan of having to make a rookie start for you, but when Gerald McCoy said Pouncey was probably the toughest lineman he played against in college....I had high hopes for him. The kid is solid, now we just need to add a solid OT in the draft.

or two :)

I love the kid so far

He's had his struggles, like the big games, but he's always out there giving 100 %. Which is way more than I can say for most of our linemen.

Galax Steeler
12-18-2010, 03:40 AM
I love watching him play he is playing at a high level and just to think he is only a rookie.