PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday with Ben

siss
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
http://pit.scout.com/2/1031734.html

I have some issues with some of what he says. And maybe he was having a bad day.

Q: Might this be a game where you need to get rid of the ball quickly?
A: I guess so. I don’t know if I could do that, but I could try I guess. :frusty::frusty::yell:

And than this gem:

Q: If you don’t, you could have a lot of company back there.

A: I know how to play the game one way. To tell me not to play it that way is a hard thing to do. I can go into any game and tell myself not to do it, but those juices start flowing. It’s like when I’m running against the Bills and (Marcus) Stroud is chasing me. Everything in your body tells you to go out of bounds, but you don’t. Why? I don’t know. Because I don’t want to.
:frusty:

7SteelGal43
12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
That's our Ben. Not sure I'd change his style !!

siss
12-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Sometimes you have to hear the way Ben says something, but still...what a but head!

stlrtruck
12-16-2010, 01:40 PM
: It’s much lower than in previous seasons.
A: I think we know that we’re struggling a little bit on offense. We’re moving the ball and doing some good things, but when we get down into the red zone, we’re not taking that next step to get in. I don’t know if it’s, on first downs down there, if I’m looking to get it in instead of getting some yards. I’ll take some of that blame. We have to make sure we don’t panic and try and do too much because it’s too important when you get down there to put at least some points on the board

And unlike other QBs in the league, he's taking responsibility for the production (and/or lack there of).

GodfatherofSoul
12-16-2010, 02:00 PM
It'd be nice if we could scheme to get our receivers open rather than relying on plays to break down and Ben scrambling...<cough, cough>

7SteelGal43
12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Sometimes you have to hear the way Ben says something, but still...what a butt head!

fixed it for ya...but I'm pretty sure the way that "butt-head" plays is the reason we won SuperBowl XLIII.

HollywoodSteel
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I think Ben might be misunderstanding the question... or maybe I am. When I hear the question I'm thinking, should there be more designed quick slants and hot reads so that he can complete the pass quickly, anticipating a bunch of blitzes ahead of time? In which case the answer should be absolutely, but that's really more of a question for BA than Ben.

If the reporter means, should you throw the ball away sooner if you can't find an open guy immediately, then yeah, I understand Ben's answer. He's never going to be that guy. I'm sure he'll try to be smart about it, but at the end of the day Ben's going to try to extend plays and be the guy he's always been.

O'Malley
12-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Ben might be misunderstanding the question... or maybe I am. When I hear the question I'm thinking, should there be more designed quick slants and hot reads so that he can complete the pass quickly, anticipating a bunch of blitzes ahead of time? In which case the answer should be absolutely, but that's really more of a question for BA than Ben.

If the reporter means, should you throw the ball away sooner if you can't find an open guy immediately, then yeah, I understand Ben's answer. He's never going to be that guy. I'm sure he'll try to be smart about it, but at the end of the day Ben's going to try to extend plays and be the guy he's always been.

Read my mind!:drink:

BigPoppaG
12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Ben is going to play the way he always plays, no change. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

BUT.....

Considering how our offense has produced points in the recent past......might be time for EVERYONE to change a little.

steel striker
12-16-2010, 03:14 PM
It would just make sense to go with shorter patterns so, Ben could get rid of the ball faster. Maybe then he won't running for his life as much. The oline has to play better that is a must.

Butch
12-16-2010, 03:23 PM
That Butt Head has 2 Superbowl rings...wouldn't trade either one of 'em for a quick dump off passing game.

"In Ben We Trust!!!"