PDA

View Full Version : Wide receivers brace for Jets' secondary

stillers4me
12-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Thursday, December 16, 2010
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Many receivers around the NFL have been isolated on Revis Island. Opposing teams have become so wary of New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis' ability to defend in man-to-man coverage that they rarely throw passes in his direction.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he will not shy away from throwing Revis' way purposely when the Steelers play host to the Jets Sunday at Heinz Field.

"To me, it's about playing the game," Roethlisberger said. "I don't mean any disrespect to him or anyone else out there. We go in with a game plan, and that's the game plan we'll try to execute...................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10350/1111110-66.stm

HometownGal
12-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Revis Schmevis. Ward and Wallace are going to make Revis and Cromartie their bitches. . . . .

I hope. :pray: :heh:

Seriously, the Jets CB's are two of the best in the AFC if not in the league. I'm not at all concerned about Hines as he usually finds a way to get open, but Wallace may have a bit of trouble against Cromartie. We're going to have to rely a lot on Heath and maybe a trick play or two.

Kaeg
12-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Who cares about our WR vs their DB matchups? We don't score on offense anyway! Let's hope our D is on the field all day! :sarcasm:

stlrtruck
12-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Revis Schmevis. Ward and Wallace are going to make Revis and Cromartie their bitches. . . . .

I hope. :pray: :heh:

Seriously, the Jets CB's are two of the best in the AFC if not in the league. I'm not at all concerned about Hines as he usually finds a way to get open, but Wallace may have a bit of trouble against Cromartie. We're going to have to rely a lot on Heath and maybe a trick play or two.

I thought cromfartie was injured?