PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu: Elite Difference Maker

stillers4me
12-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I think people for the most part get a better experience watching games at home than going to the stadium. The camera angles are better, and you get replay. The Steelers might be an exception. I don’t think you can really appreciate Troy Polamalu unless you can watch him fly over the entire field for sixty minutes. The way he plays makes the Steelers must watch tv whenever I see them on the air.

Pass rushers often get reference as guys for whom the defense must account on every play. I wrote a piece saying that about Cameron Wake last week. What that means is defenses must make a point to do everything to neutralize such a guy in their blocking schemes. Even when that guy isn’t rushing, he is drawing attention and making things easier for other guys.

The thing that is scary about Polamalu is that everybody on an offense has to account for him on every second of every play for every reason. He might rush the passer starting deep or at the line. On a passing play, a quarterback and a receiver need to look out for him in case he jumps a route. On a running play, he flies up from deep in the secondary with incredible speed to make tackles. He shows blitz to mess up blocking and then drops into coverage with that incredible speed. He plays deep zone. He covers guys one on one...............

Read more @
http://newyorksportsnews.info/troy-polamalu-elite-difference-maker