PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR Wallace eager to visit Revis Island

stillers4me
12-15-2010, 04:48 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace believes he's quickly becoming one of the NFL's best. To prove that, he knows there's one test he still must pass.
That's show he can be successful going against Darrelle Revis (http://www.nfl.com/players/darrellerevis/profile?id=REV515344), the Jets cornerback who is widely considered to be the NFL's best.

He matches up well against Revis, the former Pitt star. Wallace, who replaced Santonio Holmes (http://www.nfl.com/players/santonioholmes/profile?id=HOL657297) in the Steelers' lineup when Holmes was traded to the Jets, believes his exceptional speed allows him to go against any defensive back in the league without fear.

Including Revis.

Revis said recently he's almost bored because quarterbacks target him so rarely. Wallace, not normally one to say anything that an opposing player could use for motivation, is talking as if he intends to make for an eventful day for Revis when the Jets (9-4) and Steelers (10-3) play Sunday in Pittsburgh...........

Read more @ http://burgh.us/3a

BuddhaBus
12-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I love me some Mike Wallace and I'm glad the kid is confident, but I don't think he should be giving the crumbling Jets any bulletin board material to rally around and forget their own problems. Best to just let sleeping giants lie. That said, GO GET 'EM WALLACE! :tt03:

tube517
12-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Eh, he just said he wasn't backing down from Revis. And, as Hines said, they would rather come up with the W than a bunch of nice stats.

Merchant
12-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Speed kills.

SteelerEmpire
12-15-2010, 07:29 PM
I've seen Wallace get behind "EVERY" DB that the Steelers have played... its just a matter of Ben throwing the ball to him on target because there is little room for adjustment when your moving that fast. He would have "burnt" every team's DB we've played assigned to cover him with a deep TD pass if only the QB could throw the darn ball correctly...

Count Steeler
12-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I've seen Wallace get behind "EVERY" DB that the Steelers have played... its just a matter of Ben throwing the ball to him on target because there is little room for adjustment when your moving that fast. He would have "burnt" every team's DB we've played assigned to cover him with a deep TD pass if only the QB could throw the darn ball correctly...

Or have enough time to launch it. O Line plays a part in not being able to go deep.

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Speed kills.

If speed kills, then there arent any words in the english vocabulary to describe Revis' flawless technique.

I'm gonna have to question the wisdom in Wallace looking at Revis as "just another guy." Really I guess he's just saying he prepares the same way every week no matter who he's up against, so I think it's cool. It's not like he pulled a Anthony Smith and was just begging for an ass-whooping!

The Jets have nothing at safety anymore, So I think with Revis roving over Wallace, we can really knife them in the guy with the intermediate passes

Wallace108
12-15-2010, 08:46 PM
"He's lived up to the hype. But I don't care about none of that. Hype don't mean nothing to me."
:sofunny:

I like the swagger, but there's a fine line between confidence and cockiness. Let's do our talking on the field Wallace.

Michael
12-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Here is what I know about challenging Reevis. in last year's playoff games one very good QB named Rivers did in fact challenge him . Chargers lost. Manning another pretty good QB did not. Colts won.

stlrtruck
12-16-2010, 09:26 AM
The Jets have nothing at safety anymore, So I think with Revis roving over Wallace, we can really knife them in the guy with the intermediate passes

I like the use of the Miller, Ward, Brown, and/or Sanders in the intermediate game! Preferabbly Miller because of his absence from last week and the fact that he can run a few people over.

SteelerFanInStl
12-16-2010, 09:44 AM
I like the use of the Miller, Ward, Brown, and/or Sanders in the intermediate game! Preferabbly Miller because of his absence from last week and the fact that he can run a few people over.

Yep, that stuff should be open all day.

steel striker
12-16-2010, 10:36 AM
Like mentioned by many here and, if Ben hs the time in the pocket chances are good for a few deep ball TD's. I would love to see Wallace burn Revis.

Galax Steeler
12-17-2010, 03:28 AM
I can't help but to believe we will go his direction a few times during the game. We haven't backed down from a corner yet and I see this week being no different.

The Duke
12-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Ben's never backed down from any corner. And apparently neither does wallace

I think they'll hook up for one big play

steelpride12
12-18-2010, 11:33 AM
I think Wallace has the speed to control Revis all game and wouldn't be surprised for at least a few attempts his way.