PDA

View Full Version : Ryan full of praise for Steelers

stillers4me
12-15-2010, 04:35 PM
December 15th, 2010

Rex Ryan, the colorful coach of the Jets, did not provide any bulletin-board material during a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters today.

Ryan did prove to be his usual entertaining self.

And the overriding theme that emerged as the former Ravens defensive coordinator provided one sound bite after another: the admiration he has for the Steelers and their style of play.

“I hated them when I was in Baltimore but I always respected them, and I hope they felt the same way about me when I was there,” said Ryan, whose team will try to snap a two-game losing streak Sunday. “Those safeties knock the heck out of you, those outside ‘backers are about as good as it gets in this league. You have (Troy) Polamalu flying all over the place making big plays, these big hits. I love the way they play the game.

“I definitely told the team that this is my kind of game. I’ve seen a lot of guys come down with the Pittsburgh flu back in the day. All of the sudden a guy won’t play in the game, ‘Oh, I’m just not right.’ I’ve seen it happen. They don’t want to face Pittsburgh. I know we’ll have a whole plane full of guys coming down there and it’s going to be a great atmosphere. That’s old-fashioned football.”..............

read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/15/ryan-full-of-praise-for-steelers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

tube517
12-15-2010, 04:58 PM
“I definitely told the team that this is my kind of game. I’ve seen a lot of guys come down with the Pittsburgh flu back in the day. All of the sudden a guy won’t play in the game, ‘Oh, I’m just not right.’ I’ve seen it happen. They don’t want to face Pittsburgh

I know a lot of people hate Rex, but he is entertaining and knows the Steelers pretty well. This will be a dog fight.

Merchant
12-15-2010, 05:29 PM
The Pittsburgh Flu.. I love it!

ALLD
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
I am sick of coaches being so nice to each other. For once it would be interesting to see a couple of coaches go at it like a couple of heavyweight boxers at the podium.

zulater
12-15-2010, 07:58 PM
He said he appreciated Tomlin not running up the score against the Ravens in 2007 when the Steelers took a big lead in the first half and coasted to a 38-7 win at Heinz Field.

“He ran the ball every single snap, it seemed like, in the second half,” Ryan said. “He’s man’s man. I have a lot of respect for him.”

Me thinks that might be a poke at Bellicheat?:scratchchin:

oneforthetoe
12-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Ryan is a buffoon as a head coach, but he has a good defensive football mind. He respects the Steelers because he has seen coach Lebeau's defense up close and personal.

stlrtruck
12-16-2010, 06:29 AM
So instead of mouthing off, Rex is trying a different approach!

SteelerFanInStl
12-16-2010, 09:24 AM
So instead of mouthing off, Rex is trying a different approach!

He's played against the Steelers enough to know that mouthing off doesn't do anything more than fire up the Steelers.

HollywoodSteel
12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I like Ryan. He brings a lot of fun to the game, and for all his bluster, he has changed the culture for the Jets in a positive way.

Also, we know he's not playing nicey-nice with Tomlin in some BS way like other coaches might. If he didn't come here to kiss your ring, he's not shy about declaring it.

st33lersguy
12-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Smart move, say nothing to fire up the steelers

I know we’ll have a whole plane full of guys coming down there and it’s going to be a great atmosphere. That’s old-fashioned football.”..............

Goodell Castro hates the sound of that

ALLD
12-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Jets can't score either and they have no S. Play the short pass and bum rush the bum in green throwing the ball. They better pull some trick punts and halfback slant options if they want a chance to win.

Galax Steeler
12-17-2010, 03:36 AM
Nice article I can't believe that he is giving us some praise.