PDA

View Full Version : QB Ben Roethlisberger sounds off on Jets WR Santonio Holmes

polamalubeast
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, QB Ben Roethlisberger sound off on Jets WR Santonio Holmes

There was no disguising the feeling Ben Roethlisberger had when he'd come to find Santonio Holmes was on his way to the Jets.

"Shocked," he said in a conference call today with New York reporters. "I mean, you never want to lose a guy -- especially a friend -- and a player that's that good. So, it was shocking news."

In the years they'd spent together, Roethlisberger said an understood chemistry was developed. Holmes' football IQ allowed them to skate around opposing defenses even when things went awry.

"He knows the game," Roethlisberger said. "Whether it was playing with me and I was scrambling around trying to find the open areas or the ad-libbing he and I would do, he and I would just know what each other was doing.

"There were times we'd do completely the wrong thing but it'd work for a touchdown. We had pretty good chemistry."

read more

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/12/steelers_coach_mike_tomlin_qb.html

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2010, 06:27 PM
That's a horribly misleading title. I still miss his playmaking skills a lot.

vasteeler
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
yeah the title makes it sound like he ripping on santo. ben is not that way though

Stlrs4Life
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
I personally do not miss Santoio Holmes.