PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notes: No visit to Revis Island

stillers4me
12-15-2010, 05:46 AM
By: Mike Bires ("")
Beaver County Times

Tuesday December 14, 2010 11:20 PM

PITTSBURGH — Steelers coach Mike Tomlin won’t say how he plans to attack Revis Island. But since the NFL is a copycat league, don’t be surprised if the Steelers shy away from the Jets’ star cornerback on Sunday.

Darrelle Revis, the former Aliquippa and Pitt star, is so exceptional at pass coverage that most teams don’t even throw in his direction.

“I assume he is that good because I don’t have a lot of video evidence (to suggest otherwise). Nobody is throwing the ball in his direction,” Tomlin said. “We are in the early portions of our game planning, so I can’t speak to what his presence is going to do to us at this juncture. We acknowledge that he is a top quality player and that he’s capable of being a big time factor in a football game.”

Typically, Revis matches up man-to-man on an opponent’s best receiver. So there’s a good chance Sunday that Revis will follow Mike Wallace wherever he goes...............

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2010/december/14/steelers-notes-no-visit-to-revis-island.html

stlrtruck
12-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Send Wally, I mean Wallace his way. That should about take him out of the game and once Ben goes over top of him for a quick score, Revis Island will be more like Coney Island!

BuddhaBus
12-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Send Wally, I mean Wallace his way. That should about take him out of the game and once Ben goes over top of him for a quick score, Revis Island will be more like Coney Island!

I think you were right the first time. Send Wally to get him good and drunk on Busch Light before the game. Easy pickings! :thumbsup:

venom
12-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Wallace, go deep !

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Run at him. Attack him on the ground. Pound him into submission with the Oline, then...Go Really Really Really Really Deep to Wallace and Don't Underthrow the ball please.

oneforthetoe
12-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Run at him. Attack him on the ground. Pound him into submission with the Oline, then...Go Really Really Really Really Deep to Wallace and Don't Underthrow the ball please.

Any idea where we can get one of those? :noidea:

PalmerSteel
12-15-2010, 12:19 PM
1st qtr - wr screen to wallace. ward makes a hell of a block against revis, knocking him out. game over.......

steelreserve
12-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, it's not like our whole passing game depends on one guy, like some teams.

Also, a lot of the time with these "shutdown corners," it's all about reputation, but when you get out on the field, they can have a good day or a bad day just like anyone else. It's not like Revis is untouchable. The main thing is to not psyche ourselves out and disrupt the whole game plan because of him. That's playing right into their hands, and will only make him look better. As it does with a lot of top DBs.