PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Troy Polamalu becoming a more vocal leader

stillers4me
12-15-2010, 05:39 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
The conscience of the Steelers, soft-spoken as it can be, and the soul of their defense is talking about the plight of forgotten military veterans when he spies a TV camera headed his way.

Troy Polamalu pauses in the corner of the Steelers locker room where he dresses and turns around to pull on a shirt. He apologizes for the interruption before continuing to champion one of the causes in which he is active.

What is at odds with the scene: Polamalu has been anything but camera-shy this season. Or shy, period.

Polamalu has, in no particular order, appeared on "The T.Ocho Show," spoken out against NFL owners who are set to lock out the players in March and admonished his own teammates, albeit away from public view.

Polamalu stepping out of the background is a development that has been welcomed by his coaches and teammates.

And it certainly hasn't diminished his game, as Polamalu has thrust himself into the discussion for the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, particularly with his play in the past month..................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_713766.html

HometownGal
12-15-2010, 07:57 AM
What an awesome read! :applaudit:

I'm actually happy to see Troy becoming more vocal in the locker room. It seems to have had a profound effect on his teammates and they respect the "new Troy" even more, if that was even possible. A player and leader like Troy only comes along once in a lifetime and I'm damned happy he's ours! :thumbsup:

Preach on Taz! :tt02: :rockon:

BuddhaBus
12-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm ecstatic that Polamalu has become more of a vocal leader this year. Who better to lead by example than Troy? He's a stellar human being on and off the field and NO ONE could ever possibly take him lightly or disregard his opinion. I also love the fact that he's not afraid to call out Goodell and the league for their bullshit that they've been pulling this year. Even THEY are afraid to discount or discipline Troy because of the type of man and player he is. Kudos to Troy for coming out of his shell and helping to take the reins of this team. I feel he has been a HUGE part of the defensive turnaround and overall attitude of the team since last year. He has definitely helped to rally and re-focus his teammates in a positive direction. Thank you Troy!

SteelMember
12-15-2010, 09:12 AM
It's hard for me to imagine the "soft spoken" Troy getting "fired up" in the locker room.

He definately has the game to make people listen... Like E.F. Hutton.

BuddhaBus
12-15-2010, 09:17 AM
It's hard for me to imagine the "soft spoken" Troy getting "fired up" in the locker room.

He definately has the game to make people listen... Like E.F. Hutton.

Even E.F. Hutton shuts the hell up when Troy speaks! :tt02: