PDA

View Full Version : Lakers celtics

Mach1
05-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Who's going to win?

I'd like to see the Lakers but I think the Celts might pull it off this year.

GitNoLuv
05-29-2010, 10:32 PM
Without Bynum...I'd have to go with Boston.

vasteeler
05-30-2010, 09:22 AM
since i am a 76ers fan and have history with both those teams, i hope both teams catch the plague and they have to cancel the finals

SteelersinCA
05-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Kobe is in another world this playoffs, he can't be denied.

Nadroj 20
05-30-2010, 11:26 AM
I think I'll say the Lakers get another title.

Kobe is..... well hes Kobe

Hindes204
05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I can't stand Kobe or the Lakers, so I hope they lose......unfortunately I don't think they will, Lakers in 6

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-30-2010, 02:33 PM
since i am a 76ers fan and have history with both those teams, i hope both teams catch the plague and they have to cancel the finals

I've been a Celtics fan since I picked up a basketball over 30 years ago, so we know what I want. I just wanted to say that while I respect the 76ers, we got a lot more history than the C's and Lakers. Those Eastern Conf brawls back in the 70's and 80's were epic. I still hate Andrew Toney. :mad:

suitanim
05-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Gotta go with the Celts. They beat the best team in the NBA then the hottest team in the NBA to get where they are...they are a team on a mission, and this is probably the last hurrah.

Mach1
05-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Uhh...Apparently the best teams and hottest teams are STILL playing. They didn't lequit.

SteelersinCA
05-30-2010, 07:44 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...um/05/28/kobe/

LOS ANGELES -- Where and when the Great Free Agent Summer Summit takes place no one is certain at the moment. Ambassador Dwyane Wade has called it, and, presumably, fellow diplomats LeBron James, Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh (the attendance of the Toronto Raptors forward would make this a truly international meeting) will be there, too. We can only hope that a photographer is present to capture the moment, as one was at Yalta, where Roosevelt, Stalin and a fur-hatted Churchill famously met to figure out what the post-World War II world should look like, much as the future geography of the NBA will be sussed out this summer.

Meanwhile, a more isolationist-minded superpower named Kobe Bryant trudges on in this NBA postseason. Were the Los Angeles Lakers guard a free agent, I can't imagine that he would've accepted a seat at the summit, for in Kobe's world view ... well, there is no world view. There is what Kobe wants to do and nothing else. A summit is for others; Kobe will make his decisions in the solitude of self-reflection and, ultimately, arrive at them with certainty.

And so, as No. 24 laces them up for what could be a decisive Game 6 against the Suns in Phoenix on Saturday night, this would be a good time to remind everyone that, in many quarters, Bryant is now considered only the second-best player in the NBA.

Not in my book. Not yet. And probably not even next year, no matter where LeBron is playing.

The question of whether The King had surpassed The Kobester began to be asked quietly a couple seasons ago. Bryant was still the pick of most, but he engenders such enmity that many fans and journalists just couldn't wait until the NBA became LeBron's League. My own reading is that, by last season, a majority would've picked LeBron over Kobe, and after the Cleveland forward grabbed his second straight MVP award this season, that majority could be described as overwhelming.
Let me repeat: I was not one of them.

The idea that reputations are permanently made and permanently unmade in the postseason is uttered so often that we get tired of hearing it. But that doesn't mean it's false. It's the way it is. Cruel as it sounds, six months of sterling play can be erased by six weeks of mediocrity.

At this writing only a precious few insiders know exactly what happened to distract James during the Boston Celtics series. But something did. He let himself be taken out mentally, and not for the first time. By contrast, when throughout the 2003-04 season Bryant had to jet back and forth to Colorado for legal proceedings surrounding his sexual assault case, I never saw him turn off mentally. Of course it was a mental strain. He admitted as much. But on countless occasions he made big plays on the very days that he was traveling.
True, the Lakers did not win the title in the summer of 2004, but there were myriad problems with the franchise at that time: A war of wills between Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal (we see who won that one since Bryant is still there); the not-always-smooth integration of Karl Malone and Gary Payton into a lineup that had been fairly set; tensions between the front office and Phil Jackson, which, in this 360-world, might be happening again, a story for another day.

But let me propose another simply but often overlooked reason that Bryant remains superior to LeBron: Kobe is a better basketball player. Not a better athlete, which sometimes gets lost. A better basketball player. He dribbles better, passes better, has more ways to score and understands the game better. Which is not to say that LeBron is inferior in any of those areas. He is great. But he's not as good as Bryant.

When Kevin McHale was general manager in Minnesota, he used to complain that his scouts came back with reports like "jumps out of the gym" and "has running-back quickness." McHale used to tell them: "That's great if we're putting together a track team. But I'm looking for guys who can actually play basketball." (Feel free to make the obligatory mention that McHale was not an overwhelming success as an exec.)

The Suns are getting the whole Bryant basketball repertoire in this series. The absurd double-clutch jumper over Goran Dragic in the second quarter of Thursday's Game 5 win. The ridiculous three-minute span in the second quarter when he hit a 24-footer and two 25-footers to stretch the Lakers lead to 41-25. (The Suns call that shot "the rise-up." Bryant might be tightly guarded but he simply elevates above everyone and releases. It's unguardable, and he does it better than anyone ever, including Michael Jordan.)
The way that Bryant turned distributor in the fourth quarter when the Suns went fulltime to their vaunted 2-3 zone (which they had worked on for all of 15 minutes before unveiling it in the series), finding the dependable Derek Fisher in the corner and Lamar Odom down on the blocks. L.A. needed all of Bryant's game-high 30 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists to hold on to the 103-101 Game 5 win. Had the scorekeeper been convinced that his fall-short turnaround jumper (that ended in Ron Artest's hands and the put-back miracle) was a pass, Bryant would've had a triple-double. Plus, he had four blocked shots.

To differentiate between Bryant and James, the Suns' Grant Hill, who has been charged with guarding both, turns to a baseball metaphor.
"LeBron has the pullup jumper and he takes you to the rim," said Hill. "He has the two pitches, and, trust me, both of them are great. But Kobe is like the guy with all the pitches. He brings his fastball, his change, gives you something on the corner. LeBron will overpower you but you might know what's coming. With Kobe, you're never comfortable."

There is also that ineffable something known as will. Earlier this season Orlando's feisty Matt Barnes was standing close to Bryant when he feigned throwing a ball at Bryant's face. Bryant never even flinched. "That scared me a little," Barnes said later. "I mean, that wasn't even human."

Bryant's will has, again, carried the Lakers this postseason.

Jeff Gross/Getty Images

Perhaps LeBron wouldn't have flinched either, but the simple fact remains that he has flinched in several key spots between the lines. Around the NBA LeBron's skills are universally respected, but it's not just the media that wonders if he lacks the right stuff when he most needs it. "Hey, they say if a dog doesn't bark as a puppy," said one player who desired anonymity, "he doesn't bark when he gets older either."

Actually, the one place where Bryant has not barked quite as loudly over the years has been in Phoenix. In the first round of the 2006 playoffs at US Airways Center he all but quit in Game 7 when he stopped shooting and at one point said, as he strolled by the Suns bench, "They expect me to play with him at center?" (He was talking about Kwame Brown.) And going into Game 6 the Lakers have lots of issues. It will be on their mind that they frittered away an 18-point lead at home in Game 5. The Suns are destroying Andrew Bynum (who was MIA on Thursday night) on pick-and-rolls, and LA.'s strategy of switching high and having a big man pick up Steve Nash failed miserably in Game 5 when Nash had 29 points. Jackson has searched among his backcourt backups (Shannon Brown, Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vujacic) for some solid play on the road and has not found it. Plus, the Suns are really good, really deep and really determined.

With all that in mind, Phoenix has to be considered the favorite in Game 6. I don't disagree and see a strong possibility there will be a Game 7 back in L.A. on Monday. But Bryant scored 36 and 38 points in the Games 3 and 4 road losses in this series of this I am certain: He senses the urgency in this road game will come out barking very, very loudly.

vasteeler
05-30-2010, 08:38 PM
I've been a Celtics fan since I picked up a basketball over 30 years ago, so we know what I want. I just wanted to say that while I respect the 76ers, we got a lot more history than the C's and Lakers. Those Eastern Conf brawls back in the 70's and 80's were epic. I still hate Andrew Toney. :mad:

i know what you mean, to this day i cant stand bird ,parrish ,mchale ect ect ect

tube517
05-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey VA Steeler, I live in VB and I also like the Sixers. Small world. To be honest, I HATE both teams but would rather see the Lakers beat the stinkin Celtics. I hate all Boston teams!

vasteeler
05-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey VA Steeler, I live in VB and I also like the Sixers. Small world. To be honest, I HATE both teams but would rather see the Lakers beat the stinkin Celtics. I hate all Boston teams!

excuse my ignorance , ive been trying to think and cant come up with anything...VB?

tube517
05-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Va Beach

excuse my ignorance , ive been trying to think and cant come up with anything...VB?

vasteeler
05-30-2010, 11:00 PM
now i do feel retarded , i was thinking every thing but that

tony hipchest
05-31-2010, 12:32 AM
Gotta go with the Celts. They beat the best team in the NBA then the hottest team in the NBA to get where they are...they are a team on a mission, and this is probably the last hurrah.

LMAO!

fail.

try actually watching some NBA instead of eating what espn's sprortcenter fed fans 3 weeks ago.

the LeQuits are 10X worse than the 16-0 patriots (you cant have it both ways), and to think the magic were "hot" because they ran up an 8-0 record on illegitimate playoff scrubs is naive at best....

you are front running with the celtics because they have already proven they can beat the "champs" and beat down wanna be scrubs such as the cleveland.

PS... you cant spell cleveland without l. e. a. v. e.

lol.

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
i know what you mean, to this day i cant stand bird ,parrish ,mchale ect ect ect

Yeah, but I can respect the game of Bobby Jones, Moses Malone, Dr. J, Chuck Barkley........I just hated Toney. I'm hopeful of the C's winning it all, but worried they are getting worn down by this run.

The fact that the Lakers are really Bryant and his self described "my guys" is really annoying. That and the antics of Phil Jackson calling out Steve Nash for palming the basetball, when he's never been called for it....just makes the entire Laker organization look like a bunch of self centered egomaniacs. I mean, just hit your shot and try to have some class by not needing to tell Alvin Gentry about it.

steelerdude15
05-31-2010, 06:19 PM
I bet it goes into game seven and I honestly think it's going to be Boston, I feel they have the better energy and will to win it all. The Lakers will put up a great fight though, great fight.

venom
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
I like to see the Celtics win it due to I'm a Doc Rivers fan .

SteelerStrength
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
I like Rondo and KG, and love little Nate, but just can't stand Paula Pierce. I've seen her fake injuries too often, and I admit to having an issue with weakness.

Kobe is the definitive assassin in the NBA! Knee drained, broken finger, and he put the suns to bed!

Lakers in 6.

SteelersinCA
06-02-2010, 12:42 PM
I like Rondo and KG, and love little Nate, but just can't stand Paula Pierce. I've seen her fake injuries too often, and I admit to having an issue with weakness.

Kobe is the definitive assassin in the NBA! Knee drained, broken finger, and he put the suns to bed!

Lakers in 6.

Kobe sucks up all the injuries and the Lebron apologists agonize over spinning the elbow into a legitimate excuse for the Cavs coming up short AGAIN. How many years has he played with a broken finger on his shooting hand? He learned a whole new way of shooting to continue playing. Kobe has the intangibles Lebron fans dream of Lebron having while Lebron dreams of fortune and fame.

venom
06-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Celtics in 6 !

SteelMember
06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Boston has to start paying karma back for the saux finally winning, but the thought of LA getting another doesn't excite me much either.
So with that I'll just say... Green for the money. Gold for the honey. :noidea: :chuckle:

tony hipchest
06-03-2010, 07:55 PM
i'll say the celtics in 7. while nothing would please me more than the celts in 5, i am hoping for an epic series.

SteelersinCA
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Kobe won't Lequit so the Lakers in 5. Kobe gets #5 and dominates as solidifies his reputation as the best ever in the Finals.

Nadroj 20
06-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Lakers in 6.

Paul Pierce weak? take a look at this...... http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_19_102/ai_93457196/

He is not "weak" at all...you can think what you want about him, but if he were weak i dont see him bouncing back from something like that the way he did.

SteelersinCA
06-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Momma there goes that man!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
06-03-2010, 10:34 PM
the easy shots arent dropping for the celtics. thats no way to beat the lakers in LA.

SteelersinCA
06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
the easy shots arent dropping for the celtics. thats no way to beat the lakers in LA.

They don't have enough shooters. Artest is going to shut Pierce down all series, that leaves Ray Allen and he's too inconsistent.

Mach1
06-03-2010, 11:11 PM
They don't have enough shooters. Artest is going to shut Pierce down all series, that leaves Ray Allen and he's too inconsistent.

That and he has to worry about guarding the best player in the league.

1 down 3 to go.

Hindes204
06-03-2010, 11:16 PM
I still think the celtics can manage to win two games, and as much as I hate the lakers, I'm sticking with my original prediction...lakers in 6.

Nadroj 20
06-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Im not a fan of either team, but just watching both teams play this year in the playoffs and the little bit i saw tonight, i would say the lakers are in good shape. Just my opinion but i wouldnt be surprised if the lakers can beat the celtics in 5....im going to say 6 tho

SteelerStrength
06-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Paul Pierce weak? take a look at this...... http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_19_102/ai_93457196/

He is not "weak" at all...you can think what you want about him, but if he were weak i dont see him bouncing back from something like that the way he did.

Recovering from being stabbed says nothing of one's strength, in my opinion. I've been stabbed twice, once in the face, but it never stopped me from winning the Nationals or the World Championships.

I'm speaking specifically about his reaction to minor injuries, faking in my opinion, on the court, being carted off in a wheel chair, then returning to the game as if nothing ever happened. That is weak. Nothing personal, we just measure strength & weakness on a different scale.

And, I think Pierce is a great basketball player, especially that step-back J!

Nadroj 20
06-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Recovering from being stabbed says nothing of one's strength, in my opinion. I've been stabbed twice, once in the face, but it never stopped me from winning the Nationals or the World Championships.

I'm speaking specifically about his reaction to minor injuries, faking in my opinion, on the court, being carted off in a wheel chair, then returning to the game as if nothing ever happened. That is weak. Nothing personal, we just measure strength & weakness on a different scale.

And, I think Pierce is a great basketball player, especially that step-back J!

Well that stuff is true and i get what your saying. Even though some of his responses to the injuries (like being carted off in a wheel chair for a shoulder injury..lol) is questionable... thats not being weak IMO some people just respond differently to pain and at first their first response is a little over board and once they realize "oh this isnt too bad" it makes them look stupid when they are able to play again. So i get what your saying but as long as he does come back i dont consider him "weak".

SteelGhost
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Lakers in 6 ..... or even 5, but Pau Gasol needs to be consistent guarding Garnett which he did last night.....and Artest can win that annoying battle with Pierce. :boxing:

Needless to say I'm a Lakers fan :chuckle:

Shea
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Good to see the Celtics win tonight and even up the series.

Not much of a basketball fan, but I'm a sports junkie so I'm hoping it's a long series.

tony hipchest
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
nice beat down delivered by the celtics. actually they stole the game and stole home court advantage. they were horrible under the net both with easy shots and rebounds. their height disadvantage really showed, but congrats to ray allen and his record setting 8 three pointers (starting 7-7 in the 1st half it looked like he was gonna shatter it).

i like that they weathered the storm when they gave up an early 14 point lead. van gundy noted he liked that the lakers kept fighting and didnt give up with a minute to go, when game seemed in the bag. thats championship calibur BB i guess. im definitely impressed with gasol. celts have nobody to stop him and it seemed that every 1 of his shots was hitting the bottom of the net.

sure seems like this series will go the full 7.

Mach1
06-06-2010, 11:03 PM
It's going to be a good series. I don't think Ray will have another night like he did tonight, at least I hope not.
The lakers didn't get to the finals by lequiting. :chuckle:

SteelersinCA
06-06-2010, 11:06 PM
It took some real questionable calls by the refs on the black mamba and ray allen playing out of his mind to win. The lake show is not worried at all.

tony hipchest
06-06-2010, 11:37 PM
not the questionable calls excuse. :doh:

the refs sucked balls tonight... on both sides.

i certainly hope the lake show isnt concerned. easier for the series to slip away from them.

SteelGhost
06-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Sometimes I don't understand why the Lakers make really bad plays in the last 4 minutes when they have all the tools to win :doh: I hope they can win one in Boston. Now I can't expect they win in 5, but in six can be reasonable :chuckle:

tony hipchest
06-07-2010, 12:20 AM
the biggest 'tool' is kobe bryant. :chuckle:

i swear i dont think i cand stand him palm hugging/stroking his face in another post game interview. not even tom brady does that crap.

SteelerStrength
06-07-2010, 11:43 AM
not the questionable calls excuse. :doh:

the refs sucked balls tonight... on both sides.

i certainly hope the lake show isnt concerned. easier for the series to slip away from them.

The officials made numerous bad calls on both ends of the court. It's too bad that they decided to inflict their will, rather than allow the players to play, and the viewing audience to enjoy basketball. They basically took Garnett & Kobe out of the game. (I hope they watch some video) Even that out-of-bounds call that they replayed showed the ball tipped out by Garnett, with Gasol's hand behind his, and the ref's called it Celtics ball.

Celtics deserved the win! Ray Allen was just sick! And Rondo impressed by hitting the open J, crashing the boards, and dishing for wide open looks that the Laker's always leave open with their slow rotation.

I hope the Lakers can get it together, quickly!

SteelerStrength
06-07-2010, 11:49 AM

i swear i dont think i cand stand him palm hugging/stroking his face in another post game interview. not even tom brady does that crap.

Maybe he does this to piss you off. :pout::sofunny:

Sorry T, just couldn't resist.

Remember how either Stockton or Hornicek used to stroke each side of his face, while at the free throw line, sending a message to his kids. I thought that was cool!

SteelGhost
06-07-2010, 03:34 PM

As long as he helps the team win championships I can live with that .... :chuckle:

SteelGhost
06-07-2010, 03:39 PM
The officials made numerous bad calls on both ends of the court. It's too bad that they decided to inflict their will, rather than allow the players to play, and the viewing audience to enjoy basketball. They basically took Garnett & Kobe out of the game. (I hope they watch some video) Even that out-of-bounds call that they replayed showed the ball tipped out by Garnett, with Gasol's hand behind his, and the ref's called it Celtics ball.

Celtics deserved the win! Ray Allen was just sick! And Rondo impressed by hitting the open J, crashing the boards, and dishing for wide open looks that the Laker's always leave open with their slow rotation.

I hope the Lakers can get it together, quickly!

Well said SS, I hope they win tomorrow :thumbsup:

SteelerStrength
06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Damn, tonight's game is huge! I have to miss at least the first quarter, so I'll have to tivo. Hope the ref's swallow their whistle's!

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Why is it that Laker fans only think calls were questionable when they lose??

I never saw one Celtic fan complaining about Pierce getting called for palming the ball in game 1, despite the fact that Kobe does it all the time. Funny how Phil Jackson accuses Steve Nash of palming, Kobe is all steely focused in the face of Chris Rock when winning.........but when they lose a game he suddenly gets grumpy that there is all this focus on where LeBron James is going???

I'll admitt that KG is over the top emotionally, but Kobe Bryant is just so much more of a prima donna than M. J. ever was. Hope my Celts can pull it out on home court despite the Big 3 having their Gatorade replaced with Geritol.

Shea
06-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Can't stand the Lakers, hope Boston wins.

Plus, it's nice to not have the two sports' finals on the same night and time.

SteelerEmpire
06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
doesn't look like those Celtics can handle those Lakers

Shea
06-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Lakers up by 12 at half.

Suckage so far.

tony hipchest
06-08-2010, 10:15 PM
amazing the celtics have been able to tie this game up in the 4th.

lakers getting way too many 2nd chance points and opportunities. not only are the celtss struggling to get a defensive board, it seems they cant get an offensive rebound to save their lives.

they cant do nothing inside the paint, and only davis seems to have an iota of success driving it to the hole. i dont know if i can handle seeing garnett miss any more baskets from 2 feet away. its like hes going up against 2 shaqs.

Shea
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Yep, now we have a game.

Shea
06-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Shit, Allen looks to be injured.

Wasn't he the one that broke the record last game for 3-pointers?

So don't want Kobe - yuck - winning this one.

SteelGhost
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Wow ! What a game ! Glad to know the Lake Show won in Boston. :clap2:

Mach1
06-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Just for you tony. :chuckle:

http://api.ning.com/files/YLExr0B-FQS91zaCLCoRX7WP8VjI8W3kXOhDRCU4VhgWRzLAkJel8eWERH sUfqBtdo*XYJabeo6S0*rR3cdkVNPy04KXVZL5/kobebryant_complex.jpg

2 down 2 to go.

hmmm.....pic doesn't seem to work. :noidea:

Mach1
06-08-2010, 11:11 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2009/01/340x_kobe-bryant-7sad.jpg

SteelersinCA
06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Lake Show baby!! Quick Tony watch the post game press conference!:doh:

tony hipchest
06-08-2010, 11:28 PM
fuck that. im done watching wtf he has to say. im switching the chanel when he comes on with his cock eating smirk.

with that being said, the celtics didnt deserve to win, and i was a bit suprised it was that close. i can count atleast 20 plays where the celtice were either out talled, out hustled, out "bounce of the balled" or flat out missed easy shots under the bucket.

its a bit disheartening to see sheed and garnett constantly have position and leaping for their lives as a rebound bounces into the hands of gasol or bynum just standing their flat on their feet.

and when you got gasol, kobe, odom, artest, and derick fisher is the one looking like m. jordan in the 4th, you got problems.

i still think this will be a 7 game series, because both teams are champions and know how to fight. i just think the lakers win that last one at home.

celts have to be on fire from outside to be able to outsheme their lack of an answer for the lakers bigs. just cant count on that for 7 games. ray allen proved that tonight.

Shea
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0134802f972f970c-800wi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecfff7b8970b-800wi

He skurds me.

TatarMongol
06-08-2010, 11:29 PM
not a big fan of NBA since the end of Jordan days, but is it not right 2 root against the Boston becuase of the NE Cheaters? just wondering.

Mach1
06-08-2010, 11:30 PM
its a bit disheartening to see sheed and garnett constantly have position and leaping for their lives as a rebound bounces into the hands of gasol or bynum just standing their flat on their feet.

Can't coach tall.

tony hipchest
06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
not a big fan of NBA since the end of Jordan days, but is it not right 2 root against the Boston becuase of the NE Cheaters? just wondering.normally i would, just to see boston fans pissed and heartbroken, but individually i like more of the celtics players.

i think of kobe as the tom brady of basketball. he is like the jeff gordon of racing, the derrick jeter of baseball.

Hindes204
06-08-2010, 11:40 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Jyv7NbQTLf5E8M:http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/flores123_08/LAsUCKS.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk239/flores123_08/LAsUCKS.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.myspace.com/daleanee&usg=__DqBJsrYW7wXhLOqhdYF1BotlJEM=&h=480&w=536&sz=28&hl=en&start=5&itbs=1&tbnid=Jyv7NbQTLf5E8M:&tbnh=118&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlakers%2Bsuck%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfi refox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1)

Ive always hated the Lakers, but I just dont see them losing this series.

Hindes204
06-08-2010, 11:44 PM
normally i would, just to see boston fans pissed and heartbroken, but individually i like more of the celtics players.

i think of kobe as the tom brady of basketball. he is like the jeff gordon of racing, the derrick jeter of baseball.

Exactly! Im not a fan of Boston, but have always liked Garnett and Allen. Kobe seems to be a spoiled little bitch, a man who has always been handed anything he wanted, and doesnt appreciate any of it. Its too bad too, because you cant deny the unbelievable amount of talent the guy has

steeldevil
06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I want the Lakers to win so Kobe can hopefully one day get more championships than Jordan so I can slam it right in the Carolina fans faces!!!

SteelersinCA
06-09-2010, 12:39 AM
Garnett has nothing left. It's almost sad. They better hope Bynum's knee gives out because they are getting eaten alive inside.

SteelerStrength
06-09-2010, 12:46 AM
There is not one player in the NBA that possesses the desire, and determination that Kobe lives for. Recently saw another special on Kobe, and how much game video he studies, and how many shots he takes to improve his game. This past summer, he even paid to have the great Hakeem "The Dream" school him on post footwork. Hakeem had some great things to say about Kobe's work ethic and desire to improve his game. Phil Jackson even said that Kobe's obsession to win, and the time he spends on improving his game, is far greater than any player he's ever coached.

It's my opinion, based upon the facts I've seen, that having that inate talent, to go along with an insatiable desire to win, and the will to punish himself through old-fashioned hard work, have made Kobe the champion he is today.

Mach1
06-09-2010, 01:01 AM
There is not one player in the NBA that possesses the desire, and determination that Kobe lives for. Recently saw another special on Kobe, and how much game video he studies, and how many shots he takes to improve his game. This past summer, he even paid to have the great Hakeem "The Dream" school him on post footwork. Hakeem had some great things to say about Kobe's work ethic and desire to improve his game. Phil Jackson even said that Kobe's obsession to win, and the time he spends on improving his game, is far greater than any player he's ever coached.

It's my opinion, based upon the facts I've seen, that having that inate talent, to go along with an insatiable desire to win, and the will to punish himself through old-fashioned hard work, have made Kobe the champion he is today.

You mean it hasn't been handed to him like a spoiled little bitch. :doh2:

SteelerEmpire
06-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Looks like the lakers will be the champs this year (if everything else falls into place)... Celtics just aren't ready....

tony hipchest
06-09-2010, 09:20 AM
i think the celts are ready...

theyre 1 season removed from being champions themselves, and they traveled a tough road through the playoffs to get this far.

they just have no answer for lakers bigs.

if the x-factor completely hinges on a 3 point shooting ace being hot for 4-7 games, then theres a problem.

nba finals record for one game and 0-13 the next. :doh:

SteelersinCA
06-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Phil Jackson 47-0 after winning game 1, the game 3 winner has never lost a Finals, I think it's as good as wrapped up. Get your spot picked out for the parade ladies!!!

tony hipchest
06-09-2010, 10:10 AM
i dont believe in hocus pocus. the celts are gonna unleash hell.

klick81
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
i dont believe in hocus pocus. the celts are gonna unleash hell.

Because that's what's required? Bwahahahaha!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Phil Jackson 47-0 after winning game 1, the game 3 winner has never lost a Finals, I think it's as good as wrapped up. Get your spot picked out for the parade ladies!!!

True, the stats are against the Celtics, but they play the game on hardwood and not a spreadsheet. C's didnt deserve to win because they couldnt make shots and couldnt get stops when needed.

SteelersinCA
06-09-2010, 12:03 PM
True, the stats are against the Celtics, but they play the game on hardwood and not a spreadsheet. C's didnt deserve to win because they couldnt make shots and couldnt get stops when needed.

I agree, I'm just having some fun.

Hey Tony....http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FcH0AKMWgEc/SLVDytgFLQI/AAAAAAAAAaM/U7Sg1_98AkM/s400/Kobe+Bryant+the+silencer.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-09-2010, 01:16 PM
I agree, I'm just having some fun.

Hey Tony....http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FcH0AKMWgEc/SLVDytgFLQI/AAAAAAAAAaM/U7Sg1_98AkM/s400/Kobe+Bryant+the+silencer.jpg

I know, but I still can't stand the arrogance of Kobe and Phil Jackson. My memory is a bit cloudy, but I cant remember Red wearing a IX hat for his 9 titles, or Scotty Bowman with a XI hat for his 11 stanley cup rings.

Phil takes the "CL" out of class.

SteelerStrength
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I know, but I still can't stand the arrogance of Kobe and Phil Jackson. My memory is a bit cloudy, but I cant remember Red wearing a IX hat for his 9 titles, or Scotty Bowman with a XI hat for his 11 stanley cup rings.

Phil takes the "CL" out of class.

Well, here is the real story for those interested. Assumptions without clarity, well you know what they say.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/18/buy-phil-jacksons-x-hat-support-charity/

SteelMember
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Well, according to that story it was after the fact, and driven by fan popularity. Which is all well and good, but it still doesn't answer as to why he would do it in the first place.

He's a good coach, and he knows it... He's just making sure you know too. :rolleyes2:

SteelerStrength
06-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Well, according to that story it was after the fact, and driven by fan popularity. Which is all well and good, but it still doesn't answer as to why he would do it in the first place.

He's a good coach, and he knows it... He's just making sure you know too. :rolleyes2:

Phil's agents gave it to him as a custom gift, as it states in the story. I bought one, once they were made available, for a good friend of mine who loves the Lakers and couldn't afford to buy her own. She wore it to work to express her gratitude for the gift, as she stated. Moral, I see a nice gesture of gratitude for a special gift of recognition. We all see what we want to in every situation, through our own filter.

SteelGhost
06-09-2010, 03:22 PM
normally i would, just to see boston fans pissed and heartbroken, but individually i like more of the celtics players.

Hey Tone, I respectfully disagree with you this time. Kobe is not gay and the Lakers don't suck :chuckle:

SteelerStrength
06-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Anyone think that Doc's complaining of the officiating, and sending a detailed video, will have any impact?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5268744

He's one of the best coaches in the league, and very likeable.

tony hipchest
06-09-2010, 05:24 PM
no. i honestly think only phil has the clout to get in the ears of the refs.

and since last nights horrible calls seemed like obvious make up calls, there is no way the refs will give doc make ups and run the risk of pissing off phil and kobe again.

but i dont blame that for the loss. thats just a normal part of the game. if phil says steve nash travels you can damn well bet steve nash will be called for travelling. the good teams just gotta overcome the refs and phil begging for calls.

Mach1
06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone think that Doc's complaining of the officiating, and sending a detailed video, will have any impact?

I think both sides could send videos of the crappy refs. At least they were able to get two calls 100% correct last night.

SteelerStrength
06-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I think both sides could send videos of the crappy refs. At least they were able to get two calls 100% correct last night.

Agreed!

Will we soon be hearing,"After further review..." at an NBA game? Crazy!

SteelersinCA
06-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I think the reffing has been atrocious on both sides of the ball this Finals. It's really disappointing that the pinnacle of the game is handcuffed by shitty officials.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Well, here is the real story for those interested. Assumptions without clarity, well you know what they say.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/18/buy-phil-jacksons-x-hat-support-charity/

If you think the hat is all about charity and not his own vanity then you are mistaken. Easy to contribute and not make yourself the center of attention.

There is no I in team, but there is definately one in Phil. Granted, he isnt as self centered as Brett Favre, but still mostly the beneficiary of coaching Jordan, Kobe and Shaq in their prime and thinks he is the reason for the titles.

SteelerStrength
06-10-2010, 12:58 AM
If you think the hat is all about charity and not his own vanity then you are mistaken. Easy to contribute and not make yourself the center of attention.

There is no I in team, but there is definately one in Phil. Granted, he isnt as self centered as Brett Favre, but still mostly the beneficiary of coaching Jordan, Kobe and Shaq in their prime and thinks he is the reason for the titles.

Since I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, only opinion, than I will happily not make assumptions, but admit that you may be correct. It's a subject that I find of no great importance, but your vigor increases my curiousity. Are there any facts that we are unaware of, that you know, that brought you to your conclusion?

SteelMember
06-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Phil's agents gave it to him as a custom gift, as it states in the story. I bought one, once they were made available, for a good friend of mine who loves the Lakers and couldn't afford to buy her own. She wore it to work to express her gratitude for the gift, as she stated. Moral, I see a nice gesture of gratitude for a special gift of recognition. We all see what we want to in every situation, through our own filter.

Fair enough. :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Since I haven't seen any proof to the contrary, only opinion, than I will happily not make assumptions, but admit that you may be correct. It's a subject that I find of no great importance, but your vigor increases my curiousity. Are there any facts that we are unaware of, that you know, that brought you to your conclusion?

Here's an excerpt from a J. A. Adnande article where Phil Jackson basically tells the Suns the should stay out of politics (by wearing Los Suns jerseys on Cinco de mayo) but Phil himself openly campaigned for Bill Bradley for president. Do what Philip says, not what he does......arrogance IMO.

Then he mildly scolded the Suns.

“I don’t think teams should get involved in the political stuff. And I think this one’s still kind of coming out to balance as to how it’s going to be favorably looked upon by our public. If I heard it right the American people are really for stronger immigration laws, if I’m not mistaken. Where we stand as basketball teams, we should let that kind of play out and let the political end of that go where it’s going to go.”

That was surprising to hear coming from a man who not only supported Bill Bradley for the Democratic presidential nomination, he wore a Bradley campaign pin on his suit during games. Jackson reminded me that the NBA made him stop wearing it. And apparently that was the end of his political proclamations…although he did take one parting shot.

“I kind of wish [Bradley] would have been the president,” Jackson said. “After all was said and done, that [George W. Bush] situation.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/15724/phil-jackson-on-his-future-and-leaving-politics-in-the-past

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-10-2010, 10:47 AM

I honestly dont think Doc Rivers is that good of a coach. He's a good motivator, but not really an X and O guy, or a guy that situationally coaches well.

Look at the Orlando OT loss in the last series where the C's get the ball with around 12 seconds left in the game, tied and they get no look and goto OT. The obvious thing to do is call TO and run a play to get a good shot, but instead they goto OT and lose.

Before Ray Allen, Garnett, Eddie House and James Posey showed up, Doc had those guys playing like the junior varsity. Essentially Ainge brought in vets that could play and Doc managed how they would work together and let them do their thing. Good manager of people that needs a solid X and O guy as his assistant....ie. Coach Tib, who is gone next year.

SteelerStrength
06-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Here's an excerpt from a J. A. Adnande article where Phil Jackson basically tells the Suns the should stay out of politics (by wearing Los Suns jerseys on Cinco de mayo) but Phil himself openly campaigned for Bill Bradley for president. Do what Philip says, not what he does......arrogance IMO.

Then he mildly scolded the Suns.

“I don’t think teams should get involved in the political stuff. And I think this one’s still kind of coming out to balance as to how it’s going to be favorably looked upon by our public. If I heard it right the American people are really for stronger immigration laws, if I’m not mistaken. Where we stand as basketball teams, we should let that kind of play out and let the political end of that go where it’s going to go.”

That was surprising to hear coming from a man who not only supported Bill Bradley for the Democratic presidential nomination, he wore a Bradley campaign pin on his suit during games. Jackson reminded me that the NBA made him stop wearing it. And apparently that was the end of his political proclamations…although he did take one parting shot.

“I kind of wish [Bradley] would have been the president,” Jackson said. “After all was said and done, that [George W. Bush] situation.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/15724/phil-jackson-on-his-future-and-leaving-politics-in-the-past

Sounds quite hypocritical of PJ to me! Not sure of the level of arrogance. And, in consideration of PJ and Bradley being team mates on the Knicks (including a championship) one could easily understand campaigning for a great friend. Again, quite hypocritical of PJ.

SteelerStrength
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
I honestly dont think Doc Rivers is that good of a coach. He's a good motivator, but not really an X and O guy, or a guy that situationally coaches well.

Look at the Orlando OT loss in the last series where the C's get the ball with around 12 seconds left in the game, tied and they get no look and goto OT. The obvious thing to do is call TO and run a play to get a good shot, but instead they goto OT and lose.

Before Ray Allen, Garnett, Eddie House and James Posey showed up, Doc had those guys playing like the junior varsity. Essentially Ainge brought in vets that could play and Doc managed how they would work together and let them do their thing. Good manager of people that needs a solid X and O guy as his assistant....ie. Coach Tib, who is gone next year.

In comparison with the rest of the league, I think Doc prepares his guys well. I also see it as talent, when you successfully surround yourself with the best coaches, in areas of need, recognizing your own strengths as well as theirs.

Too bad that Doc is losing a good coach who completes the winning team.

Thanks for the insight!

tony hipchest
06-10-2010, 07:33 PM
aint nothing better than a "must win" game (unless the celtics just flop, of course).

i hope the refs dont suck but thats asking for a bit much.

SteelerStrength
06-10-2010, 07:39 PM
aint nothing better than a "must win" game (unless the celtics just flop, of course).

i hope the refs dont suck but thats asking for a bit much.

It's almost timeT! See you after the game! (Probably waay after!)

tony hipchest
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
:drink:

i dont know what it is with the celtics. can they NOT rebound, or do they simply not want to?

anyone see paul pierce cold cocked a ref in the jaw (on accident)?

possibly the funniest thing i have ever seen on the court.

Shea
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Tight game at the end of the third.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the fourth.

Go Celtics!

Mach1
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
The celts got most of lucky the bounces tonight. Refs still suck on both sides.

tony hipchest
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
i dont know about "lucky bounces" but it was the first time this series they had A bounce go their way.

and for the first time this series they actually played like they wanted it more. (i almost consider the game 2 victory a fluke).

i still counted about 5 easy baskets they simply flubbed. im about sick of yelling at davis or perkins to dunk. its pretty obvious they cant.

Mach1
06-10-2010, 11:06 PM
They got lucky and beat the best and hottest team tonight. :chuckle:

SteelerStrength
06-10-2010, 11:10 PM
Big Baby was a monster in the paint! Lakers have to put in Josh Powell cause Gasol can't handle him. Nice win by the C's!

The announcers crack me up! They usually tell us how the Celtic's are only down by 5... Rather than the Laker's are up by 5. And, they were speaking to the incredible defense played by Tony Allen. Yeah, he held Kobe to 33 tonight. When Kobe misses it has nothing to do with the defense.

tony hipchest
06-10-2010, 11:24 PM
baby davis in the post game interview says he felt he couldnt be denied, and really had to buck up after missing the 2 easy early layups (that had me wanting to punch the tv).

phil zen will definitely use these comments to "motivate" the team for game 5.

*eagerly awaiting kobe's "facepalm" PGI* :doh:

tony hipchest
06-11-2010, 12:19 AM
dhttp://img10.beso-images.com/resize?sq=450&uid=1715926561 (http://www.beso.com/rd2?t=http%3A%2F%2Fwalgreens.rdr.channelintelligen ce.com%2Fgo.asp%3FfVhzOGNRAAQIASNiExAABhNtHXJ0ZRRO AgRKbWYTUV9LE29DczgvRUZEQA1wfRgUHF1WP1NDTUEmKiADUV 9dFywmABEOXEI-UCIoPEodeURaN389BgcaRDgQCSswRh95RVM3fz0GBxpEOBJlUV AqIiZDVVFcGBwgCgIGXGgaGTM2PEkAAwkHamteThsBTjpKIDBs ew93FlI8bw0ZNFVSLFxHUEAmeTBEW28MWzM7Cg0fGkVxGmUnI0 NRX1RcYm4MDwIQSjdbbHo%3D%26nAID%3D67192775&mid=27591&catId=8775&prodId=1715926561&pos=0&tokenId=OD1&lg=0&bAmt=68f11f10bedad085&ppr=6937a163a49a3199&oid=1715926561&atom=8786&bidType=3&bId=17&cobrand=44) can

seriously... how bad can one persons face and ear itch that they have to scratch it the entire time during every single press conference?

youre a rich man kobe. invest in some.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-11-2010, 07:07 AM
The celts got most of lucky the bounces tonight. Refs still suck on both sides.

I dont know if they got the lucky bounces. How many layups can Rondo miss and how many open 15 footers can KG clang and still win?? The bench earned the W in the 4th.

I still agree the refs sucked. Pierce charged at the end on Kobe, but a block is called and Sheed gets called for a foul because Gasol cant stand..........both terrible calls. More refs should have got punched.

Shea
06-13-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm smiling.

Boston has this one in the bag, and will just need to win one of the next two in LA.

Lakers suck.

Nadroj 20
06-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm smiling.

Boston has this one in the bag, and will just need to win one of the next two in LA.

Lakers suck.
Hold on a sec now its not over at all.

Edit: it might be now lol

Steelman
06-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Kobe is in desperate need of help. Bynum just can't at this point. Gasol didn't pull his head out of his rear until it was too late. Fisher had trouble dropping anything into the net, and Odom still plays too soft to mount any offensive.

Not really a fan of either team, but dislike the Lakers more than the Celtics. I think the Celtics have a better chance with the depth of their bench.

steelersfanman92
06-14-2010, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=Steelman;12473]Kobe is in desperate need of help. Bynum just can't at this point. Gasol didn't pull his head out of his rear until it was too late. Fisher had trouble dropping anything into the net, and Odom still plays too soft to mount any offensive.[QUOTE]

Exactly, Kobe can only carry the Lakers so far against the Celtics. He played unbelievably well in the thrid quater but a team is almost always in trouble when only one player scores for about 11 minuets. The benches have been the difference atleast in games 4 and 5. Doc has enough faith in his to have them start the fourth quater both when they are protecting the lead and trying to get the lead. The play of the benches and players stepping up are deciding this series.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-15-2010, 12:46 AM
I dont know. Philip hasnt lost a series that his team won the first game in. I still think the Lakers are in the drivers seat, statistically.

SteelGhost
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
I dont know. Philip hasnt lost a series that his team won the first game in. I still think the Lakers are in the drivers seat, statistically.

It hurts to admit it as a Lakers Fan but I think the Zen Master's statistic is in jeopardy now, even if they won the 3rd. game, the Lake Show is in great danger to lose in seven :pray:

I will keep the faith until the fat lady sings though :clap2:

Mach1
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I think their in big trouble. The celts have done a good job at shutting down everyone, even kobe.

SteelerStrength
06-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I think their in big trouble. The celts have done a good job at shutting down everyone, even kobe.

Don't lose faith! Here are Kobe's stats for each round of the playoffs. For the Finals, 30.2 pts per game, 6 boards and 4.4 dimes aint bad. However, it is the 42.5% FG, and 4.2 TO's that I'm most concerned with. Home cooking has been great for the Lakers. Another perspective is that everyone has held home court, 2 in LA and 3 in Boston.

Playoffs Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
First Round LAL 6 6 36.8 0.408 0.429 0.721 0.7 3.3 4.0 4.3 1.3 0.2 3.5 3.8 23.5
Conf. Semifinals LAL 4 4 41.0 0.523 0.250 0.868 0.0 3.8 3.8 5.8 0.8 0.8 4.0 3.0 32.0
Conf. Finals LAL 6 6 41.5 0.521 0.432 0.881 1.7 5.5 7.2 8.3 0.8 1.2 2.5 2.2 33.7
Finals LAL 5 5 40.8 0.425 0.378 0.921 1.0 5.0 6.0 4.4 2.0 1.0 4.2 4.2 30.2
Playoff Averages LAL 21 21 39.9 0.468 0.397 0.845 0.9 4.4 5.3 5.8 1.2 0.8 3.5 3.3 29.6

SteelGhost
06-15-2010, 04:08 PM

Hey Mach1, I respect your opinion but I beg to differ, I would not say the green are "shutting down Kobe" 30.2 points per game is not bad for him taking in count he's playing hurt IMHO, they are trying to control him :chuckle: The Allens are doing a nice job defending him, no doubt about it.

Of course he needs some help, Pau, Derek and Lamar need to play better, specially with Andrew injured. And Ron needs to play A LOT better, we need him to score some more points.

Mach1
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Mach1, I respect your opinion but I beg to differ, I would not say the green are "shutting down Kobe" 30.2 points per game is not bad for him taking in count he's playing hurt IMHO, they are trying to control him :chuckle: The Allens are doing a nice job defending him, no doubt about it.

Of course he needs some help, Pau, Derek and Lamar need to play better, specially with Andrew injured. And Ron needs to play A LOT better, we need him to score some more points.

They all need to play better, no doubt. Every time ron dribbles the ball my butt puckers. :chuckle:

Hindes204
06-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Sheed better watch himself, if this thing goes seven Boston is gonna need him. I hope Boston pulls it out tonight, I hate the lakers. I'm not a big Boston fan either so it wouldn't bother me too much if they lost tonite...game 7s are always fun to watch

steeldevil
06-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Boston in trouble... Perkins hurt, other bigs in foul trouble, Lakers hot, and as always Sheed is making a fool of himself :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlastFurnace
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
The NBA is so predictable. No way the NBA wasn't going to let this go 7 games. But don't fear, the Celtics will make a run to make the game close, but the Lakers will pull it out.

It's the same story all the time with the NBA..."Showtime"....but that's all it is. The league is a complete joke.

Shea
06-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Sheed better watch himself, if this thing goes seven Boston is gonna need him. I hope Boston pulls it out tonight, I hate the lakers. I'm not a big Boston fan either so it wouldn't bother me too much if they lost tonite...game 7s are always fun to watch

I hate the Lakers too, but actually wanted them to win tonight because I agree - game 7's are fun.

Just hope it's not another clunker like tonights game was.

And Perkins might not be able to play next game, so I'd take Wallace out now before he gets that technical that would suspend his ass. The guy is an idiot who can't control himself.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-15-2010, 11:54 PM
That's it. Game 7 in LA without Perkins.........the C's are done and Philip will keep his stats in tact. Looking forward to Phil wearing another cheezy roman numeral hat in a couple days for self promotion.

SteelerStrength
06-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Who could imagine that the C's would play a finals game without a spine? Even Doc said, in his post game interview, that he was already thinking about game seven about half way through the third quarter.

On the other side, Shannon Brown was flyin'!!! That oops was sick! Kobe 26, 11 boards and 4 steals, Pau almost a triple double, Lakers came to play. And their D, suffocating and just daring Rondo to shoot.

I sure hope game seven is one for the history books, regarding execution and heart!

tube517
06-16-2010, 01:11 AM
It hurts to admit it as a Lakers Fan but I think the Zen Master's statistic is in jeopardy now, even if they won the 3rd. game, the Lake Show is in great danger to lose in seven :pray:

I will keep the faith until the fat lady sings though :clap2:

I hate both teams (with a passion) but history is on the Lakers side. Since they switched to the 2-3-2 format, the home teams in Game 7 are 3-0. It's very hard to win a game 7 on the road. (unless it's hockey and you're the Penguins)

Mach1
06-16-2010, 09:25 AM
That's it. Game 7 in LA without Perkins.........the C's are done and Philip will keep his stats in tact. Looking forward to Phil wearing another cheezy roman numeral hat in a couple days for self promotion.

I wouldn't start counting chickens just yet. The celts are undefeated in game 7's.

Hopefully that will change.

SteelGhost
06-16-2010, 09:47 AM
They all need to play better, no doubt. Every time ron dribbles the ball my butt puckers. :chuckle:

I feel your pain Mach :chuckle:

Glad he scored 15 last night

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Here we go everyone, Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

I hope it is a good game.

steeldevil
06-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Lakers about to take the championship.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I think it will be a good game, but would not be surprised if kobe goes off for about 50 and just tears up.

steeldevil
06-17-2010, 08:20 PM
well the way the game is being called Boston may have a chance

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow...somebody can tell Kobe it's ok to play well now

Mach1
06-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow...somebody can tell Kobe it's ok to play well now

And the rest of the team.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 09:37 PM
And the rest of the team.

Its still early i can see them snapping out of it....but i must say, when ron artest is playing the best out of everyone on your team it probably wont end well....

steeldevil
06-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Me and 4 other guys could pass as the Lakers right now

Hindes204
06-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow....what an offensive disaster for both teams.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Me and 4 other guys could pass as the Lakers right now

ohh PICK ME!!!! i wanna play coach!! lol

steeldevil
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Lakers win.. Kobe now 1 shy of MJ

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Ron artest for MVP....:chuckle:

Mach1
06-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Ron artest for MVP....:chuckle:

He was of game 7.

I thought maybe Gasol would get the MVP this time.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
He was of game 7.

I thought maybe Gasol would get the MVP this time.

Yea i kinda thought that too, but it was going to kobe no matter what i think

The Patriot
06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Robbed by the Kobe police.

Lakers shoot 35+ free throws and win by 4.

Me and Belichick share the same expression.

kmsteelerwr15
06-17-2010, 11:55 PM
It kills me as a Bobcats fan that Adam Morrison is getting another ring. :frusty: Hell Jack Nicholson had more appearances than that waste of space.

steeldevil
06-18-2010, 12:04 AM
It kills me as a Bobcats fan that Adam Morrison is getting another ring. :frusty: Hell Jack Nicholson had more appearances than that waste of space.

There are Bobcats fans??? lol Im still pissed about the Hornets leaving... they were awesome as a kid. I still havent warmed up to the Bobcats quite yet...

kmsteelerwr15
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
There are Bobcats fans??? lol Im still pissed about the Hornets leaving... they were awesome as a kid. I still havent warmed up to the Bobcats quite yet...

Well it helps that my dad basically works for them so when I'm in town I'm always at the games. A lot of people still haven't gotten over the Hornets yet but they are starting to jump on the bandwagon, or they did for those two playoff games. But imagine how different history would be if the Hornets never traded Kobe.

fansince'76
06-18-2010, 04:14 AM

Just looked at the boxscore - try 37. As opposed to 17 for the Celtics. Just another reminder as to why I stopped following the NBA several years ago....

venom
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Should be called " FoulBall' . Every other play there is a foul . You touch a player on his ear lob , FOUL !!

Mach1
06-18-2010, 08:49 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Robbed by cheaters*

Mach1
06-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Just looked at the boxscore - try 37. As opposed to 17 for the Celtics. Just another reminder as to why I stopped following the NBA several years ago....

The lakers did have 53 rebounds.

Nadroj 20
06-18-2010, 08:55 AM
Boston had their chances and didnt come through...nuff said, the refs didnt give the Lakers the game.

steeldevil
06-18-2010, 08:56 AM

A Pats* fan talking about being cheated??? :doh2:

SteelGhost
06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Sweet little Sixteen !!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Just looked at the boxscore - try 37. As opposed to 17 for the Celtics. ....

I never saw the boxscore, but it sure felt that way. I could not understand how Gasol gets a call and 3 point play on Davis for a 10 ft jumper and hand contact after, but when KG dunks in the 4th and Odom hacks him in the process, the play goes on?

Fact is, the Celtics didnt rebound, they didnt finish around the basket and Ray Allen couldnt hit a thing last night. Sadly enough for me, the Lakers didnt win as much as the Celtics played badly enough to just lose game 7. Congrats to Laker fans and at least I didnt have to see Phil with a XI hat on.

The Patriot
06-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Yes, yes. The foul count will be swept under the rug because nobody is about to sympathize with Boston fans, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks the flow of play has been corrupted by incessant fouls...

Killer
06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Which one of you is this

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54401298.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/18/article-1287588-0A16E5C1000005DC-266_634x422.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/18/article-1287588-0A170172000005DC-545_634x423.jpg

SteelerStrength
06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
The C's game plan is to play as physical as possible, without flow, resulting in a very low scoring game. They don't hide that fact. One reporter asked Doc about their play. His question included, "...low scoring and mucking up the game?" And Doc agreed saying that's exactly how they want the game to be played. The ref's set a standard of play and the players either adapt and continue, or they disregard the foul calls and cry. (See Rasheed after the game)

Now I do agree that the officiating was horrid for the Finals thus effecting the flow. There were phantom calls and there were fouls uncalled. And, you would never see officials allow the physical play in a college game.

This is the pro's! As a professional player you must handle your emotions and adjust your play. Or you can just cry and claim the ref's are the reason you lost.

fansince'76
06-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Now I do agree that the officiating was horrid for the Finals thus effecting the flow. There were phantom calls and there were fouls uncalled. And, you would never see officials allow the physical play in a college game.

NBA officiating has been beyond horrible for years now, hence is one of the reasons why I stopped paying much attention to it at all (the other reason being I don't particularly like either of the "faces" of the league at this particular time on a personal level (Bryant and James.)) NFL officiating is awesome compared to the NBA, and NFL officiating sucks hind tit, so what does that say?

SteelerStrength
06-18-2010, 01:37 PM
NBA officiating has been beyond horrible for years now, hence is one of the reasons why I stopped paying much attention to it at all (the other reason being I don't particularly like either of the "faces" of the league at this particular time on a personal level (Bryant and James.)) NFL officiating is awesome compared to the NBA, and NFL officiating sucks hind tit, so what does that say?

It says that you should definitely "pay attention" to that which you enjoy.

I watch a hockey game once in a while, but I can't say that I really enjoy it. I also choose not to watch much NBA, other than the Lakers or the playoffs.

Mach1
06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes, yes. The foul count will be swept under the rug because nobody is about to sympathize with Boston fans, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks the flow of play has been corrupted by incessant fouls...

Just as the pats* cheating was!

Are you a suckhawk fan too. Sounds like it by the whining.

The Patriot
06-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Just as the pats* cheating was!

Are you a suckhawk fan too. Sounds like it by the whining.

:rolleyes2:

Just wait until the Lakers win again next year. Kobe and Gasol become near untouchable in the 4th quarter.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Generally the officiating in the NBA is pretty good. Its such a quick moving game where the difference between a charge and block can be marginal. The real issue that I have with how fouls are called is when they are based on REPUTATION. Its no secret that the marquee players get allowed to play more and have fewer calls on them than the lesser known players.

A foul should be a foul, no matter who you are......but that doesnt happen in the NBA and to me it tarnishes the game because the playing field is not level.

Again, congrats Laker fans, now hopefully the flames are out and the looting has ceased.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-18-2010, 04:42 PM
:rolleyes2:

Just wait until the Lakers win again next year. Kobe and Gasol become near untouchable in the 4th quarter. I normally dont complain about officiating and thought for the most part it was decent last night. But 2 series stood out in my mind.

1. Kobe knocks down Rondo with a moving screen and then in transition, Rondo crosses over in the lane and Garnett is called for a moving screen on the break........that the announcers didnt think was a foul.

2. Gasol shoots a turn around fade and scores with Davis looking to touch his arm slightly, well after the shot was gone and the foul is called, but when Garnett dunks in the 4th on a pass from Sheed and Odom is all over him on the dunk....he doesnt get the "and one".

It seemed a bit tilted last night, but its all irrelevant if Ray Allen just makes half his shots.

SteelGhost
06-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Come on The Patriot, we all know bad calls go both ways, the refs were very forgiving in Boston too, KG moves in screens all the time, PP sometimes makes fouls on defenders to find shooting space (just ask Ron Artest).

its all irrelevant if Ray Allen just makes half his shots.

Right on El Gonzo, if the guy had scored some more, the parade would be in Boston.

The Patriot
06-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Come on The Patriot, we all know bad calls go both ways, the refs were very forgiving in Boston too, KG moves in screens all the time, PP sometimes makes fouls on defenders to find shooting space (just ask Ron Artest).

Right on El Gonzo, if the guy had scored some more, the parade would be in Boston.

Yep, you're 100% right.

SteelGhost
06-19-2010, 07:08 PM
So are you :drink: It is what it is :noidea:

tony hipchest
06-19-2010, 07:49 PM
it was a damn good series but not as epic as the 7 games and the really close final game would suggest. with the lack of rebounds in all but one game, the celtics coulda easilly been done in 5.

while ray allen is one of my long time favorite players it pains me to say i have probably never seen no player go as ice cold as he did in a single series.

i think gasol was the difference but understand why kobe was given the token MVP award. w/o gasol, the lakers probably lose in 5. w/o kobe the lakers are the vancouver grizzlies.

SteelersinCA
06-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Lake show!!!