PDA

View Full Version : Old and young receivers blending well for Steelers

stillers4me
12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
By DUANE RANKIN
duane.rankin@timesnews.com

The younger ones are still trying to get it.
The older ones still got something left.

Together, the Pittsburgh Steelers' receivers are giving Ben Roethlisberger a number of options heading into Sunday's 4:15 p.m. AFC showdown against the New York Jets at Heinz Field.

"We're coming along," Steelers safety Ryan Clark said. " ... We're getting dangerous out there. We just need to keep plugging, keep getting guys in and keep defenses guessing."

In facing the Jets (9-4), Pittsburgh (10-3) will see one of its former receivers -- Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes.

The Steelers traded him to New York in April for a fifth-round draft pick. Holmes was suspended the first four games of this season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

A five-year veteran out of Ohio State, Holmes has 41 catches for 620 yards and four touchdowns in nine games this season.

"Despite all the outside stuff that people say about him, he was a good teammate," Clark said. "He was a good guy in the locker room. He was never a problem in the locker room...............

Read more @ http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101214/FOOTBALL04/312149948/-1/SPORTS

tube517
12-14-2010, 10:13 PM
:rofl2:

"Hines is clearly ageless right now," Clark said. "I say it every week, I don't know how he gets open. Between him and (San Diego tight end) Antonio Gates, they're the two most open slow people :old: I've ever seen in my entire life."

Hines has 49 catches and could still end up w/60 for the year. That's damn good for losing Ben for 4 weeks. I hope he stays another year or 2 and gets to 1000 receptions, even when we win the Super Bowl!