PDA

View Full Version : Woodley showing signs of another late-season surge.

Edman
12-13-2010, 03:54 PM
The guy was all over the Bengals yesterday and had his name called in Baltimore after being virtually invisible weeks ago. I don't know if it's the cold weather, or the time of the year, but Woodley really starts to pick up steam around this time. He did it in 2008 and did it again last year.

Would it be nice if he was high level all year? Yeah it would, but I'm not complaining right now, keep it up, guy. It's December, and we're entering the home stretch to the AFC playoffs. With the offense doing what they can just to survive, the Steelers will need the Defense next week and beyond.

ALLD
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM
He plays like Santonio Holmes and lights it up at the end of the year and post-season. He even drops a few balls too.

tube517
12-13-2010, 05:54 PM
And we all know what Santonio "lights up"....

He plays like Santonio Holmes and lights it up at the end of the year and post-season. He even drops a few balls too.

hotrodder07
12-13-2010, 06:18 PM
And we all know what Santonio "lights up"....

:heh: Good one!

Woodley has become one of my favorite players, and he sure looks poised to get another late season run going. He looked great against Cincinnati, and I hope he can stay at that level for the remainder of the season.

I also hope that we will be able to keep him in Pittsburgh after the season is over. I can't imagine that the Steelers would let him go, but I guess it depends on what kind of money he wants.

steelpride12
12-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Woodley has been my favorite defensive player on the team besides Polamalu of course since he first started playing for us and IMO he had an overall great season, maybe not as many sacks as were used to, but still hold his side very well, now he is coming on like lightning and has played his ass off the last two games and really causing trouble for opponents and QB's, wait till we get Smith back for the playoffs.

ALLD
12-13-2010, 06:53 PM
He is playing to offset the imbalance with Harrison. Harrison is backing off every other game and letting Woodley and Timmons get theirs in.

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
So we love Woodley now? What happened to sipping all the Haterade?

The Duke
12-13-2010, 07:11 PM
If he has another streak like did in the 08 playoffs and late last year that would be a HUGE boost for a superbowl run

probably would get him out of our range salary wise, but what a way to go

Now keep it up woodley!