PDA

View Full Version : Is Sanchez Ripe for the Picking?

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Here we have a young QB who was basically put on a pedestal at the start of the season by not only his coach, but the New York media and fans and who could now be subject to a confidence buster handed to him by his coach. Could Sanchez be ripe for the pickin' on Sunday afternoon?

Adding to the situation -- there always is something else with these Jets -- Ryan said he thought about removing Sanchez from the game in the loss to Miami. He said he opted not to because it wasn't all Sanchez's fault. That's not going to make a sensitive player feel any better knowing that, even for a fleeting second, a coach who's had his back lost faith.

Sanchez and Ryan will spend this week downplaying the situation. But when the quarterback reflects on turning the ball over with more frequency (12 interceptions in the last eight games after none in the first five) and not getting his team into the end zone while guys like David Garrard and Josh Freeman have elevated their games over the past few weeks to get their teams in contention, he could start to press even more.

Read more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cdfa71/article/jets-packers-have-issues-that-make-reaching-playoffs-a-struggle?module=HP_spotlight

BigNastyDefense
12-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Troy Polamalu and the rest of the defense will be feasting Sunday afternoon!

venom
12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Troy Polamalu and the rest of the defense will be feasting Sunday afternoon!

I sure hope so . I want a Steelers 20 point win

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Maybe if Chub-A-Bub Rex hands over a couple slices of his 24 cut pizza, the two of 'em can kiss and make up. :heh:

Akagi
12-13-2010, 03:59 PM
I've been thinking this for a few weeks. The Jets aren't that good. I'm not worried about the Steelers being overconfident, or overlooking them, either; I think Lebeau is going to have the boys pretty fired up for this one. And the Jets' defense is sorely missing Leonhard.

Honestly, I look for the Steelers to go all Patriots over the Jets.

Count Steeler
12-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Sure would like to see our O get on track. Then again, if we score more, Lebeau will play prevent more.

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2010, 05:30 PM
If Sanchez didn't play in NY, you'd never hear about him. The reality is that he's just not that good. Even Palmer is having a better year than him. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Sanchez has YET to have even a decent game against a strong defense. So i sure hope so. The only thing to like about our pass defense as a whole are the turnovers being generated, and the redzone pass defense. 2 Sanchez turnovers AT LEAST in anyway shape or form should just be expected (but also earned) by our defense.

Galax Steeler
12-14-2010, 03:21 AM
I look for Sanchez to make some mistakes with the pressure he will be seeing form our defense.

BigNastyDefense
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
I've been thinking this for a few weeks. The Jets aren't that good. I'm not worried about the Steelers being overconfident, or overlooking them, either; I think Lebeau is going to have the boys pretty fired up for this one. And the Jets' defense is sorely missing Leonhard.

Honestly, I look for the Steelers to go all Patriots over the Jets.

Not to mention that our next game after this is against......the Carolina Panthers. It's not like we have a good team next up on the schedule on very short rest.

BlastFurnace
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I worry more about how many points we can put up against the Jets defense than what they can do on offense. Sanchez won't do anything against the Steelers. Their defense is pretty formidable though.

HometownGal
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I worry more about how many points we can put up against the Jets defense than what they can do on offense. Sanchez won't do anything against the Steelers. Their defense is pretty formidable though.

I agree. I'm more concerned with the OL being able to protect Ben and opening up running lanes for Mendy. They had a rough time with the Bungles D and the Jets D is light years better.

vasteeler
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM

this

GodfatherofSoul
12-14-2010, 10:43 AM
We already know how to defeat the Jets. Put Ines Sainz (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=2560&bih=1407&q=ines+sainz&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=f&oq=ines&gs_rfai=) in any position on the field.

Devilsdancefloor
12-14-2010, 11:04 AM
sanchez doesnt play well when it is cold and wet

Dino 6 Rings
12-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Steelers 26 Jets 13. That's my guess.

Figure Holmes catches one on us, makes a big play, but we'll shut down LT and the rest of the RBs and Sanchez wont be able to make big plays when needed. We'll have our typical offensive turn out...4 FGs and 2 TDs is what I guess. Figure 2 turnovers by our defense, 3 - 5 sacks on them, we'll give up 3 sacks, we'll get about 80 - 95 yards rushing, 220 passing.

SteelGhost
12-14-2010, 04:08 PM

^^THIS :thumbsup:

If we can score 3 TD's from the redzone instead of 3 FG's after a 6-7 minutes of TOP we'll win this game.

In Ben we trust :tt02:

O'Malley
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I have noticed that when Sanchez gets sacked he tends to fumble a lot. He is young and playing sub par. I see chances to pick him off and get some sacks. Their D is not as good as it was last year. I think we should be able to put some points on the board. Still I am a bit worried about this game. But that's been a good thing so far this year.

JayC
12-15-2010, 12:52 AM
sanchez is way overrated and it's shown the past couple of games finally. but he is still dangerous and i definately don't take him lightly because he can make big plays. i'd love to see the jets lose to us this week, just because they talk a big game for a team that hasn't done anything and was giftwrapped into the playoffs last year.

tube517
12-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Just reading online and noticed the backup to Mark Sanchez: 152 year old Mark Brunell.

HometownGal
12-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Just reading online and noticed the backup to Mark Sanchez: 152 year old Mark Brunell.

We'd better hope Sanchez stays in the game because when Brunell was with the Jags, he burned the living shit out of us. :horror: