PDA

View Full Version : Ward keeps his eyes on the prize

stillers4me
12-13-2010, 04:56 AM
December 12th, 2010

Just when it looks like it is time to start shoveling dirt on the career that should one day land Hines Ward in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the veteran wideout beats Father Time's press coverage.

Ward caught eight passes for 114 yards in the Steelers’ 23-7 win Sunday against the Bengals. He made a spectacular 29-yard grab of a Ben Roethlisberger pass on second-and-Erie (actually 30) late in the third quarter.

He blocked as ferociously as ever -- and looked anything like the player who whiffed on a goal-line block last week in Baltimore and caught just one pass for 13 yards against the Ravens.

“People say I’m getting old or whatever,” said Ward, who turns 35 in March. “Talk to me if I get three rings.”..........................

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/12/12/ward-keeps-his-eyes-on-the-prize/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

stlrtruck
12-13-2010, 06:18 AM
He's a freakin' motor and damn excited that he's still a Steeler!

Butch
12-13-2010, 06:42 AM
To all those who have put Hines career in the grave after this season shame on you all!!! Hines is a man among men and the king of all receivers and I wouldn't want him to leave us any time soon. Love what he brings to the game!!! Hines Ward Rocks!!!

BPS3akaWirels3
12-13-2010, 06:59 AM
Nah.. He can keep this up for another 2-3 years... He is a fighter and loves the sport and team.. He ain't giving up.. He worked under Bettis and that's enough to make him a beast..