PDA

View Full Version : Lack of calls has Roethlisberger baffled

stillers4me
12-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Monday, December 13, 2010
By Ray Fittipaldo, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger continues to be perplexed by some of the illegal hits to the head and the calls officials are refusing to make after opposing defenders strike him in the helmet.

For the second consecutive week, Roethlisberger was struck in the head, and the referee did not throw a flag. In the second quarter, Cincinnati defensive end Michael Johnson hit the back of his helmet as he sacked Roethlisberger.

"I lost my cool for a second, but I didn't swear at him," Roethlisberger said. "Once again I got the same response as last week. He said he was just trying to tackle me. So I just let it go.".............................

Read more @ http://ht.ly/1aqpTR

stlrtruck
12-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Don't worry Ben, we're just as baffled as you are. Had you been marsha, the flagged would have been dropped on the field the moment they touched your uniform!

Butch
12-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Noticed last night that the cowboys are also getting favorable calls. The hit on Vick for example was not flagged. Guess the league has it's standards, the best way to smack them in the face is to keep on winning!!!

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Tonight at 5 PM on KDKA News, there is going to be an interview with Art II on this topic and the NFL levying fines against our defense. Should be quite interesting and I'll be tuned in.

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Noticed last night that the cowboys are also getting favorable calls. The hit on Vick for example was not flagged. Guess the league has it's standards, the best way to smack them in the face is to keep on winning!!!

Yep, I saw the same thing. I also saw one play last night where the Cowboys LT grabbed the Eagles LBer by the facemask and pulled him down to keep him from getting to Kitna and the official, who was standing not more than 5 ft away, didn't even throw a flag.

ALLD
12-13-2010, 10:15 AM

We are sharing a brain on that one. Maybe Jones needs help marketing the team and since Vick has been in the doghouse with the league, it fits. BTW, there is no "conspiracy" against the Steelers, it's more like an "agenda".

The Duke
12-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Tonight at 5 PM on KDKA News, there is going to be an interview with Art II on this topic and the NFL levying fines against our defense. Should be quite interesting and I'll be tuned in.

well that may change some things

it's beyond ridiculous already!

GodfatherofSoul
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
The league's turning into a joke. How many times did we see Woodley held coming in on pass rushes. And Flozelle got called for barely snagging a jersey. Seems like every TD pass highlight you see a pass rusher flailing as a lineman is dragging him away from the QB. Check out the obscene no-call on the Josh Freeman TD pass (Buccaneers game). It's not just Ben, it's league wide. They're playing by NBA rules, now. Hope you recorded lots of old games. You might be able to show your grandkids how cool football *USED* to be...

SteelerFanInStl
12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
The league's turning into a joke. How many times did we see Woodley held coming in on pass rushes. And Flozelle got called for barely snagging a jersey. Seems like every TD pass highlight you see a pass rusher flailing as a lineman is dragging him away from the QB. Check out the obscene no-call on the Josh Freeman TD pass (Buccaneers game). It's not just Ben, it's league wide. They're playing by NBA rules, now. Hope you recorded lots of old games. You might be able to show your grandkids how cool football *USED* to be...

:lol: Yep, saw that one too.

Pete The Greek
12-13-2010, 11:12 AM
"Once again I got the same response as last week. He said he was just trying to tackle me. So I just let it go.".............................

What part of you can't hit the QB in the head to make a tackle don't the refs get. The refs response for both weeks is unacceptable. This is Goodell's doing.

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM

After you hear it, will you give us the highlights?

fansince'76
12-13-2010, 02:44 PM
"Once again I got the same response as last week. He said he was just trying to tackle me. So I just let it go.".............................

Seems to me when Harrison "just tries to tackle" a QB, it costs us 15 yards and he gets fined, more often than not. Personally, I think these pansy calls to protect QBs are bullshit, but if they're going to insist on calling them, then Ben should start getting them as well.

Steeldude
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Seems to me when Harrison "just tries to tackle" a QB, it costs us 15 yards and he gets fined, more often than not. Personally, I think these pansy calls to protect QBs are bullshit, but if they're going to insist on calling them, then Ben should start getting them as well.

i was about to post the same thing.:nod:

Slanted August
12-13-2010, 05:08 PM

Could you imagine if that was Brady who got blown up on the sideline? I know it was borderline but Brady has a 5 yard halo around him so that one would have been automatic.

Then there is the infamous play where he cried for a flag on a weak play and got it against the Ravens.

tube517
12-13-2010, 05:56 PM
But that will never happen again because Harbaugh and the Ravens "have it figured out"

Could you imagine if that was Brady who got blown up on the sideline? I know it was borderline but Brady has a 5 yard halo around him so that one would have been automatic.

Then there is the infamous play where he cried for a flag on a weak play and got it against the Ravens.

SMR
12-13-2010, 07:12 PM
But that will never happen again because Harbaugh and the Ravens "have it figured out"

Good one!

:applaudit:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-13-2010, 08:54 PM

The Adams call was justified, I could see it as a case of bad hand placement.

The call I didnt get is when Ben got hit by a blitzing LB who took at least 2 steps after the ball had gone. It was the same type of play that Woodley got called on for hitting Brady and Harrison on Brees. Its really gotten bad.

steel striker
12-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Yep protect just about every QB not named Ben Roethlisberger.

DaRealGage
12-14-2010, 03:43 PM

damn, might miss this because I don't have that channel :(

BlastFurnace
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM

According to the rules, it doesn't matter what the intent is. Maybe it only does when Ben is the QB.

fansince'76
12-15-2010, 08:05 AM
According to the rules, it doesn't matter what the intent is. Maybe it only does when Ben is the QB.

Evidently, because it seems to me this one should have drawn a flag and a fine too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=631ADlRKBFY&feature=player_embedded

T&B fan
12-15-2010, 09:51 AM

anyone have this interview ??

O'Malley
12-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Evidently, because it seems to me this one should have drawn a flag and a fine too:

He ducked his head!:sarcasm:

BlastFurnace
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM

The frustrating part of all of this is that Harrison would have been fined heavily..if not suspended...for the Miller hit, Naga's hit, etc.

The NFL can talk all they want about fairness, but they are not being fair.

Count Steeler
12-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Wonder if they are going to soften their stance now that we are getting closer to the playoffs. You know, like they do in hockey. Let the teams play it out on the field.