PDA

View Full Version : Has Troy said why he threw that lateral?

Godfather
12-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I still can't figure out what he was thinking there, but I assume he did it for a reason. Has he talked to any of the local sportscasters about it?

salamander
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I think it was just Troy being Troy... he's tried that few times if I'm not mistaken.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
I think it was just Troy being Troy... he's tried that few times if I'm not mistaken.

That's what I'm thinking. If he gets the ball, he doesn't wanna turn it over to the offense ... he wants to score.

tube517
12-12-2010, 10:45 PM
LeBeau chewed him out a little bit for that.

43Hitman
12-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I think he tossed because he is hurt and knew he couldn't do anything with it. You could see the expression on his face as soon as he made that first cut, he was in pain.

Borski
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
I didn't mind it, he's done so much for the team he's earned a chance to try something crazy once in awhile.

Wallace108
12-13-2010, 12:40 AM
I didn't mind it, he's done so much for the team he's earned a chance to try something crazy once in awhile.

I agree, Borski. Troy has made so many great plays for us, I'm not even going to question one goofy play.

tube517
12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
http://dailyme.com/story/2010121200004025/beaver-county-times-pa-mike-bires.html

"First and foremost, I want to apologize for that play," said Polamalu, who looked for a moment as if he was about to cry. "It was incredibly arrogant and selfish and foolish of me. I represent something bigger than myself ... my faith, my family and this team. I'll try not to ever let that happen again."

Wallace108
12-13-2010, 12:55 AM
http://dailyme.com/story/2010121200004025/beaver-county-times-pa-mike-bires.html

"First and foremost, I want to apologize for that play," said Polamalu, who looked for a moment as if he was about to cry. "It was incredibly arrogant and selfish and foolish of me. I represent something bigger than myself ... my faith, my family and this team. I'll try not to ever let that happen again."

Good read, tube.

Seriously though ... if anyone questions that play beyond this thread, they need to turn in their Steelers Fan membership card.

Craic
12-13-2010, 01:00 AM

Funny thing is, people are probably thinking he is talking about football here. As a person of faith, hearing this from another person of the same faith, I see it differently. He is apologizing for allowing his own desires and wants to come out. To Troy, that is sinful (arrogant, selfish, foolish are key words here-and loaded with meaning from Troy if you have seen other videos where he talks about why he crosses himself and is seen praying. It is to avoid those very sins-as he says it). What his interview shows me is (though I think many already knew it), this man is utterly sincere and humbled by his faith-even while being an absolutely amazing and intense football player.

GodfatherofSoul
12-13-2010, 01:09 AM
They showed him and Lebeau literally hugging and making up a bit after he got chewed out.

Steeltreal
12-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Do or do not Troy, there is no ''Try''.

solardave
12-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Funny thing is, people are probably thinking he is talking about football here. As a person of faith, hearing this from another person of the same faith, I see it differently. He is apologizing for allowing his own desires and wants to come out. To Troy, that is sinful (arrogant, selfish, foolish are key words here-and loaded with meaning from Troy if you have seen other videos where he talks about why he crosses himself and is seen praying. It is to avoid those very sins-as he says it). What his interview shows me is (though I think many already knew it), this man is utterly sincere and humbled by his faith-even while being an absolutely amazing and intense football player.

That's why I love the guy. Just a really good man playing outstanding ball!!!

TheRuneMeister
12-13-2010, 03:21 AM

I'd like to think that him being humble and a good person has nothing to do with his faith. He chooses faith to communicate it, but whether or not he was religous, I am sure he would feel the same way about that play. And I'm sure he would be every bit as good a human being.

Galax Steeler
12-13-2010, 03:25 AM
I think he just got caught up in the moment and tried to make a play.

steeldawg
12-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Great Game Troy P., but just play football out there and stick with your instincts. We dont need Troy holding back on the field because he thinks it might be a sin to do something. Yes it was a mistake to pitch the ball in hindsight but if its a completed pitch and returned for a td we are talking about it being a great play. He did what any ballhawkin safety would do when they pick one off and thats try to score, I dont want him to apologize or change that.

zulater
12-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I think he was channeling his inner Ed Reed. :chuckle:

It's been addressed, no harm came of it, and I'm sure Troy will be more situationaly aware in the future. And given the same sort of circumstances, next time, I would imagine he will go to the ground and let himself be downed.

cakmakli
12-13-2010, 06:01 AM

Troy is the definition of class. Which is something you don't see to often in sports today.

He is truly one of a kind.

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Troy is the definition of class. Which is something you don't see to often in sports today.

He is truly one of a kind.

AMEN. :applaudit: :thumbsup: