PDA

View Full Version : Troy = NFL Defensive MVP?

Merchant
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
With three games left in the regular season, Troy has been playing as good as anyone. I think Clay Matthews was the favorite after the first half of the season but he's regressed a little since then while Troy has been spectacular. I can't think of anyone else who would deserve it more than him. :tt03:

Count Steeler
12-12-2010, 06:06 PM
He sure is peaking at the right time. Significant role against the Ravens, significant today, great all season. He should be Defensive Player of the Year.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Most definitely.

Clay Matthews and Cameron Wake are serious contenders as well. Troy just does it all though, I dont see how you can give it to Wake or Matthews just for being awesome pass rushers.

BigNastyDefense
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Most definitely.

Clay Matthews and Cameron Wake are serious contenders as well. Troy just does it all though, I dont see how you can give it to Wake or Matthews just for being awesome pass rushers.

Exactly. I point back to when James Harrison won it. Ware lead the league in sacks that year, but he only had 80 something tackles, no interceptions, 6 forced fumbles, and 2 passes defended.

Harrison had 16 sacks, 101 tackles, 1 pick, 7 forced fumbles, and three passes defended. He showed a much more all-around game.

Polamalu is a great all-around safety. He does it all. I feel he is deserving a Defensive Player of the Year.

60 tackles, 4 INT's (one a pick six), 1 sack (a huge game-changing sack).

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Polamalu is a great all-around safety. He does it all. I feel he is deserving a Defensive Player of the Year.

60 tackles, 4 INT's (one a pick six), 1 sack (a huge game-changing sack).

Little behind on the stats lol? he's tacked on 62 tackles, a sack, 10 passes defensed, 6 interceptions, and a forced fumble after today's game :)

4 straight weeks with Troy coming up with the signature play of the game. Perfect timing.

Godfather
12-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Troy's big plays have come at the most important times. His INTs are usually late fourth quarter to save the game. That should give him the MVP.

Nighthawk
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
If Deebo wasn't on NFL's most wanted list he would be a serious candiate again as well..
79 tackles, 10 sacks, 2 ints, 4 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles

Galax Steeler
12-13-2010, 03:46 AM
I think he deserves it he makes plays all over the field when we need it.

GoSlash27
12-13-2010, 06:17 AM
As spectacular as Troy has been, I think Deebo deserves it even more. Not that the NFL would consider him.

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 07:00 AM
While I love the possibility of our Troy being the NFL Defensive Player of the Year, I know he would love the title of "Super Bowl MVP" even more. :thumbsup:

BPS3akaWirels3
12-13-2010, 07:01 AM
With three games left in the regular season, Troy has been playing as good as anyone. I think Clay Matthews was the favorite after the first half of the season but he's regressed a little since then while Troy has been spectacular. I can't think of anyone else who would deserve it more than him. :tt03:

were was Clay after their lose yesterday.. lol

venom
12-13-2010, 07:08 AM
He's got my vote !

tube517
12-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Polamalu has a team-leading six interceptions, and the Steelers improved to 21-3 in games that he has at least one pick.

BlastFurnace
12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Anyone think that a healthy Troy wouldn't have made a 2 to 3 game difference last year too? Put him on the 2009 team, and we don't have a down year last year.

I dread the day he and Hines retire.

oneforthetoe
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Not if ESPN is conducting the voting. This was copied directly from their studs and Duds section.

DeSean Jacksonhttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/4474.jpg

Safety, Pittsburgh Steelers

The big plays keep coming from Polamalu. A week after his forced fumble helped the Steelers win in Baltimore, Polamalu wreaked havoc against another AFC North foe. He intercepted two Carson Palmer passes (see below) during the Steelers' 23-7 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals. Polamalu's 45-yard interception return for a touchdown in the second quarter changed the momentum of the game.

Proof reader needed no experience necessary

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=studs10/week14

CPanther95
12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
If Deebo wasn't on NFL's most wanted list he would be a serious candiate again as well..
79 tackles, 10 sacks, 2 ints, 4 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles

He's still edging out Troy IMO.

But it's close and getting closer each passing week.

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
were was Clay after their lose yesterday.. lol

Notching up 5 tackles, a sack, and a couple of good hurries? The Lions only scored a touchdown dude...