PDA

View Full Version : Week 15:Rex Ryan and the New York Jets

polamalubeast
12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Go steelers!

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm guessing our Steelers are going to come out of the shell for this game because the Jets are actually legit?

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Jets losing 10-0 to Miami in the 2nd.

venom
12-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Its going to be a tough week for me with all the Jets fans Im surrounded by at work here in nYc. Please Allah , let the Steelers win big next week !!!

Merchant
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
God I hate the Jets. Been looking forward to this game all season. Can't wait for Sanchez to eat dirt.

polamalubeast
12-12-2010, 06:09 PM
10-6 dolphins now

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow, looks like Jets are gonna lose, but i hope they win. I dont want them to angry and riled up when they face us lol.

polamalubeast
12-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Jets loss!!!!!

Mark Sanchez:17/44 for 216 yards and 0 TD and 1 INT

Edman
12-12-2010, 06:22 PM
The Jets fall flat on their faces at home.

Let's ruin their **** next week.

polamalubeast
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Mark Sanchez makes Jon Kitna look like a pro bowl QB!

Bluecoat96
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Mark Sanchez makes Jon Kitna look like a pro bowl QB!

and let's hope we don't make Mark Sanchez look like a pro bowl QB next week. I hope we get in his face and plant his butt into the turf. I expect to see a very "dirty Sanchez" by the end of next week's game.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm really concerned about this game folks. It's gonna be tough as hell to make the Jets drop 3 straight games in a row.

Randy06
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I would feel alot better if they had not got their ass kicked the last two weeks.

SteelerEmpire
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Yea. After 2 straight losses, their gonna "unleash hell" on us next week... we have to be ready.

steelpride12
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I hate going against teams who are pissed off and looking for a comeback win. Remember the Pats and Saints who had lost to garbage teams the week before spankin' us. Damn sure hope we can hold the Jets off next week.

wvsportsman
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, I'd have thought they would have been pissed going against the fish today after that ASS whoopin
the cheats put on them last week!!

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, I'd have thought they would have been pissed going against the fish today after that ASS whoopin
the cheats put on them last week!!

Exactly! The truth is that the Jets are falling apart. Their strength is in the running game and if you make them throw the ball, they're not that good. Sanchez threw the ball 44 times today and completed only 17 of them.

BuddhaBus
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Yea. After 2 straight losses, their gonna "unleash hell" on us next week... we have to be ready.

Dammit, SE! Don't EVER use that phrase EVER again... especially in December!!!!! :heh:

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Then again, the only legitimate teams the Jets have beaten so far are the Dolphins and Patriots...and they split the series with both of them :)

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
With today's victory and subsequent ending of the last family Christmas party of the year, I'm so ready for this week to be especially fast. It's j-e-t-s jets jets jets week and I'm stoked.

The Princess is coming to Da 'Burgh for DDGDWE!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2010, 09:46 PM
The dolphins are an ok team and are well coached and have been excellent on the road this season. It should not be surprising that this was a close game.

The jets did make a ton of mistakes but did have two chances to score with under five mins to play and couldnt get it done.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Oh and now that it is jets week.... FCK YOU REX!!!!!! I hope we beat you so bad that your team quits and you miss the playoffs! You didnt deserve to get in last season and deep down you know it!!!! Efing Colts LET you win!!!!

I hate you! And your big mouthed talk shhhhit fans!!!! 1969!!! Thats your glory and even then you know deep down if Johnny U plays the entire game you would have gotten your assssses STOMPED!!!!!

I HATE THE JETS!!!

Delraich
12-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Kick em while they're down!!!!

Edman
12-13-2010, 04:40 AM
This game will be a defensive field goal slugfest. The Jets run a blitz-heavy D, and we all know how well our Offense handles that. Ben is looking at eating another 4-5 sacks this week. Plus it's a 4:15 game.

The game will be won on the backs of the Defense, again.

stlrtruck
12-13-2010, 06:15 AM
This would a chance for the Steelers to put the jets on the brink of being eliminated from the playoffs. That alone should make this team want to go out and destroy them....well actually that should be the second reason. The first reason is to maintain possession of first place in the AFC North.

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 07:06 AM
This game will be a defensive field goal slugfest. The Jets run a blitz-heavy D, and we all know how well our Offense handles that. Ben is looking at eating another 4-5 sacks this week. Plus it's a 4:15 game.

The game will be won on the backs of the Defense, again.

Hey - personally, I don't care how it's won as long as when that final second ticks off the clock, we're ahead and get the W.

This is another team I don't take lightly at all. Sanchez has been hot and cold this season and I hope we're going to get him on another "cold" day. I didn't see as much blitzing yesterday against the Bungles as I wanted and I hope Lebeau is going to unleash the wolves more against Sanchez. Rattle the living hell out of him!

GodfatherofSoul
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Years back, an analyst was commenting on the Jerry Glanville-style of coaching; that "we're the cocky, bad guys" attitude. It works great when you're winning, but once you start losing your team loses its confidence and collapses.

polamalubeast
12-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Is Rex Ryan in Danger of Losing His Locker Room?

We all know Rex Ryan has a big mouth. Typically, his trash talking ways and outspoken attitude piss the rest of the NFL off, but not his own players. Oh how a couple of losses can change all that. After the Jets suffered a 10-6 loss to the Dolphins on Sunday — their second straight after being embarrassed by the Patriots last Monday — Rex was understandably critical of his squad. Perhaps he should have been less critical of his defense, which allowed only 10 points and had to overcome two Mark Sanchez turnovers.

read more

http://larrybrownsports.com/linkage/is-rex-ryan-in-danger-of-losing-his-locker-room/43169

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I think it's probably a good thing that the Jets lost to the Dolphins. The Jets are 50% talent and 50% swagger. While I would not have wanted to face them immediately after the Patriots humiliated them (Saints & Patriots examples), after two losses in a row some of their confidence has to be shaken. This is a young team, and by young I don't mean that the individual players are young, but this group haven't been teammates for very long -- a lot of outside talent that Rex brought in. We know how they handle success, let's see how they deal with frustration. Will they rally together or will they fall apart?

HollywoodSteel
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
This week will be a great test for Ben and BA (God help us) to see if they can learn from other teams' success and apply that strategy effectively. The Jets are not a team that gets pressure with just 3 or 4 guys. They have to blitz, and they blitz a lot. Our O-line will not be able to hold them at bay for those 5 to 6 second plays where all our receivers are down the field. We need a lot of quick slants and intermediate routes. We can't be afraid to dink and dunk, with some play action worked in for the long throws.

I liked a lot of what I saw yesterday against the Bengals despite the fact that we didn't score touchdowns. I think Ben's foot injury and subsequent lack of mobility forced BA to lean heavier on the quick plays. So I guess he does occasionally adapt to situations on the ground instead of blindly sticking to the game plan he drew up pre-season. Who knew?

ALLD
12-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Their strength used to be their running game, but Tomlinson is running out of gas and looks old this deep into the season. Sanchez is throwing the ball to who knows, but at least he isn't Carson Palmer. The coach is a loud, obnoxious piece of trash- not to mention the ahole who tripped up the Dolphin on the sideline during a run back.

Edman
12-13-2010, 01:47 PM
If the Jets were going to wake up from that Patriots beating, they would've done it yesterday, with a division rival coming to their place and the playoffs still on the line. The Jets still fell flat.

It's going to be a slugfest, but we'll prevail over the Jets. Pittsburgh staved off a near-letdown to the 2-11 Bengals yesterday. Now they're playing a decent team whose confidence has taken a few shots.

polamalubeast
12-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Stat of the night. Jets are 0-7 all-time in Pittsburgh.

Psycho Ward 86
12-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Stat of the night. Jets are 0-7 all-time in Pittsburgh.

Um, wow well I hope we keep it that way.