PDA

View Full Version : Ben, Wallace, Ward, Sanders, Brown, Randel El, Mendy...

SteelerEmpire
12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
... and the offense scores 0 TD's :pray::doh::huh::Cry::no: Which leads me to believe the Offense has not gotten ready for the late season / playoffs yet.

Edman
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Essex, Foster, Pouncey, Kemo, Scott.

There you go.

Doc
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Perhaps I should be worried, but I'm not.

Didn't we have a similar stretch in route to SB #5?

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM

There you go.

Yep. If we ultimately fall short in the postseason, it's gonna be because of our OL. If they aren't holding, they're whiffing on blocks and plays are getting blown up before they even have a chance to start.

Nadroj 20
12-12-2010, 03:36 PM

There you go.

You could probably take pouncey off that list, but yeah its the o-line that sucks.

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Not just the o-line but some timely calls and non calls by the officials and what do you expect. If they call it on us call it on them too don't be so selective.

O'Malley
12-12-2010, 03:51 PM
... and the offense scores 0 TD's :pray::doh::huh::Cry::no: Which leads me to believe the Offense has not gotten ready for the late season / playoffs yet.

Like I said earlier Bruce is saving the wrinkles for the playoffs.

VTsteel
12-12-2010, 03:55 PM

There you go.

You could probably take pouncey off that list, but yeah its the o-line that sucks.

Pouncey (while doing a good job for being a rookie) is making rookie mistakes and miscommunications. Add to this Adams is old (for a starting NFL tackle) and slow . . .

Yeah, we're gonna get better when the talent returns . . . but it will be by the seat of our pants this year.

O'Malley
12-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Not just the o-line but some timely calls and non calls by the officials and what do you expect. If they call it on us call it on them too don't be so selective.

I saw numerous no calls and missed calls that kept the Bungles in the game the first half. I also noticed once again that they never show replays on penaties that are questionalbe calls. Huh I wonder why. Once again Ben's head is free game and hitting him late is not only okay but a blind eye has been turned to it IMO. With that said the D was good enough to pull this one out for us. Would have liked to see Troy take a knee on the last pick.

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Yep. If we ultimately fall short in the postseason, it's gonna be because of our OL. If they aren't holding, they're whiffing on blocks and plays are getting blown up before they even have a chance to start.

Agreed. I'm just afraid that they're gonna get Ben killed.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Lol that wildcat option with ARE and Wallace was kinda cool.

SMR
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM

On the other hand, it could be a good thing. Better than peaking too early. Me hopes!

SMR
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM

I concur.

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Pouncey is the only bright spot on our O-line. The rest of them play like scrubs on a under-500 college team.

:rolleyes:

steelpride12
12-12-2010, 07:25 PM
The WR, and Mendy are not the problem at all. As you could see Wallace, ARE, and Ward all made spectacular plays and catches in this game and when Ben can get them the ball if he has time then they are outstanding players, but until the OL get's their heads out of their asses that won't be seen much. Fix the OL then you fix the offense.

SteelerEmpire
12-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Lol that wildcat option with ARE and Wallace was kinda cool.

Did I also see a "flee flicker" somewhere in there today ? Or was that when I was on Madden 11 earlier ?

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Did I also see a "flee flicker" somewhere in there today ? Or was that when I was on Madden 11 earlier ?

That was the most epic/underrated play of the game, if you're referring to the failed flea flicker where Ben barely got the ball out and lobbed it over to Mendenhall for a 1st down

steelerdude15
12-12-2010, 11:00 PM
I never give up on anyone on our team and never have until a the Oakland game when it comes to our O-line. Other than Pouncey and Max, I really don't care for anyone else.

Galax Steeler
12-13-2010, 03:39 AM
It just seems like when we get into the redzone we gets penalties that kill our drive. We have to cut out the panalties are it is going to kill us come playoff time.