PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Bungles - 12/12/10 - Who Gets YOUR Game Balls?

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Lots of game balls to give out today as it was a great performance by the entire team (well - other than the OL at times).

TROY first and foremost. The guy is a freakin' ballhawkin' animal! :rockon: Pick '6 and another pick in the Bungles redzone. He's just a-freakin-mazing! :applauldit:

BEN right up there. Playing with a broken nose, a bum ankle which was aggravated in the 3rd quarter and being beaten up and cheap-shotted by the Bungles D almost the entire game. The guy is not only a Top 3 QB in this league - he's the toughest MOFO behind center that I've seen in decades! :thumbsup:

HINES. My God that guy just never quits! :applaudit: He made some huge catches today that kept us in drives and was right there blocking up a storm. :drink:

WOODLEY. What else can I say? He's a beast and gets a Cartoon pick 6 to basically ice the game. :rockon:

The Entire Steelers WR unit - they all played a huge role in getting us down the field on our drives today and what phenomenal hightlight reel deserving grabs by El and Wallace! :bananadoggywow:

SUSHI. A perfect 3 of 3 on FG's. :thumbsup: This young man has black 'n gold written all over him and though I'll always miss my Skip, I love the guy! :rockon:

GAME GOATS: THE TWO STEELERS "FANS" WHO DOUBTED THE STEELERS WOULD WIN TODAY - YOU KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE. I'd best not see either of you celebrating the win. :mad2:

tube517
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM

The Duke
12-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Troy and Woodley

they scored the touchdowns after all :)

polamalubeast
12-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Troy Polamalu and Lamarr Woodley

10-3:hug::tt03:

fansince'76
Troy and Woodley.

kmsteelerwr15
Troy and Woodley with an honorary mention to Ben

JayC
12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
troy and carson palmer

X-Terminator
12-12-2010, 03:04 PM
GAME GOATS: THE TWO STEELERS "FANS" WHO DOUBTED THE STEELERS WOULD WIN TODAY - YOU KNOW WHO THE HELL YOU ARE. I'd best not see either of you celebrating the win. :mad2:

I said IF...IF...they didn't get their heads out of their asses, they would lose the game. The defense did, and as such they won the game. There's a difference between "if" and "definite."

Devilsdancefloor
Game ball: Troy & Woodley great play by both & HTG for keeping the faith :heh: (those 2 better run and hide i know i would :bounce: )

Goat: Oline gotta get better

Polamalu Princess
Troy all the way!

BlastFurnace
12-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Game Ball: Troy and Ben

Game Goat: Refs. What has to happen to Ben out on the field in order to get a roughing call.

Texasteel
Got to say Troy, but I want to give a big thumbs up to Mendy. He worked his ass off all game, and used up a lot of clock when we needed.

Goat? I think our OL kept us from score another 14 at least.

VTsteel
Troy - No question in my mind - he played HUGE today.

Nice to see Wood playing like it's a contract year finally . . .

+14 Turn over ratio now - that puts in a tie for 2nd in the league. Great Job today boys

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 03:07 PM
I said IF...IF...they didn't get their heads out of their asses, they would lose the game. The defense did, and as such they won the game. There's a difference between "if" and "definite."

Want me to pull your post from earlier this week where you doubted they would win??????????? Nice try on the backpedal.

GoSlash27
12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm not in the habit of handing the game ball to the big-play guy, but Troy definitely has it coming today. Also big props to Lamarr Woodley.

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Troy no doubt!!!

honorable mention ARE huge catch!!! Hines had one helluva game and a huge catch as well!!! Wallace huge catch!!! Woodley Wow great clutch play to put the game outta reach!!! Ben way to step up despite the refs and shove another win down the throats of the ever lovin' Go To Hell and his henchmen's throat!!! Take that sucka!!!

Goats the refs again!!!

X-Terminator
12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Want me to pull your post from earlier this week where you doubted they would win??????????? Nice try on the backpedal.

What backpedal????? I said at the beginning of the week that this game had "trap" written all over it, and that I felt they would have a letdown. I'm not backing off that - that's how I honestly felt coming off an emotional win. And early in the game, they were looking exactly like I had thought they would. They shook it off...well, the defense did anyway...and they won the game. I'm glad they did.

Nadroj 20
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Troy and Woodley for both being dominate forces today.

Ben gets one too just for being as tough as he is. He's a warrior, he took some shots today, but he hung in there.

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Without question Troy. He's display of athleticism was amazing.

Goat = refs!

Doc
12-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Troy. My next jersey will be a 43!

Hope he's good to go next week!

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 03:18 PM
and that I felt they would have a letdown.

You were WRONG. Admit it. And while you're at it . . . enjoy!

http://giovanniworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/eating_crow_edited2.jpg

X-Terminator
12-12-2010, 03:20 PM

I was wrong. And I'm glad I was wrong.

I think at this point I'm not going to comment any more in any sports thread around here. If I can't voice concerns, then what's the point?

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 03:21 PM
My game ball goes to Troy. He made the huge plays when they were needed. Honorable mention to Woodley with the pick 6 and good pressure for most of the day.

Outside of the opening drive, which only happened because of penalty, the defense played great.

Ben gets a special mention just because he's a tough SOB.

Goat goes to the refs once again and the OL for almost getting Ben killed and all of the stupid penalties.

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:21 PM

You can give me some of that as well I did not like the pick ups of Swish 'em and Hotel Adams

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Palmer for throwing 2 TD's.....going the other way :rofl2:

Serious gameball: Troy, who accounted for 2 picks, including a pick-6 and a TD saving interception at the end of the game.

Gamegoat: O-line. DAMNIT, Ben is getting drilled out there, and Mendenhall was manufacturing his own yardage all day...

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Forgot to mention in my goats t.o....he's soft!!!

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I was wrong. And I'm glad I was wrong.

I think at this point I'm not going to comment any more in any sports thread around here. If I can't voice concerns, then what's the point?

I wouldn't have a problem with you voicing concerns but what you do is to bring that FWF'ism and negativity into both the Steelers and Pens threads at almost every turn and then bitch if anyone else does it. Eric - it's just not right!!!!! You will NEVER see me doubt my teams. Not in a bazillion years.

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
You can give me some of that as well I did not like the pick ups of Swish 'em and Hotel Adams

I wasn't all that thrilled with the pickup of Sushi but that had more to do with my Skippy love which really wasn't fair to Sushi - he's done a phenomenal job! :thumbsup:

Butch - you don't come across as a FWF or a boo bird and that's where my problem with a couple of people around here is.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Game ball to Sushi. 3 for 3 on field goals, 2 for 2 on pats

Goat = the red zone offense

Troy and Lamar get to carry Sushi's game ball for a little while this week as well

X-Terminator
12-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with you voicing concerns but what you do is to bring that FWF'ism and negativity into both the Steelers and Pens threads at almost every turn and then bitch if anyone else does it. Eric - it's just not right!!!!! You will NEVER see me doubt my teams. Not in a bazillion years.

Nope. I'm done. If I can't point out things that bother me, or trends that don't look good - whether it's the Steelers or Pens - then it's best I not say anything. Instead, I'll just cheer the teams on in silence. That way, everyone can enjoy the threads and not have to worry about anything negative.

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I wasn't all that thrilled with the pickup of Sushi but that had more to do with my Skippy love which really wasn't fair to Sushi - he's done a phenomenal job! :thumbsup:

Butch - you don't come across as a FWF or a boo bird and that's where my problem with a couple of people around here is.

I gotcha

I try not to let the negativism get to me I know it happens and gotta admit the Steelers at times bring that on themselves, but at the same time I have a saying (imagine that), "In Ben We Trust!!!" As long as we are close Ben will Deliver and when he doesn't Someone else will. It really is calming to have that kind of trust in your team and your players, think I would have a heart attack if I didn't Believe!!!

O'Malley
12-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Troy, LaMarr,Hines, 60 minutes Mike

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Nope. I'm done. If I can't point out things that bother me, or trends that don't look good - whether it's the Steelers or Pens - then it's best I not say anything. Instead, I'll just cheer the teams on in silence. That way, everyone can enjoy the threads and not have to worry about anything negative.

You missed my point but whatever floats your boat.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Game ball: Troy
Honorable mention: Woodley
Honorable mention: Refs (Hits on both Palmer and Ben could have been called, and would have in recent weeks. They didn't call them today ... equally ... about friggin' time.)

Carolina Steelers
12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Troy. Hines over 100yds

memphissteelergirl
12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Game Ball....TROY!! :yay3::rockon::cheer2::tt03: (although I don't know for the life of me what he was thinking on that last INT)

Honorable mentions to:

Big Ben....if i EVAH hear T.O. call you soft again, I will personally fly up to Cincinnati and kick his punk a** personally!!

Hines, Mike, and Atwaan for making some serious drive-sustaining catches!! :high5:

Woodley for his pick 6

Ugly win, but I'll take it. 10-3 baby!!

zulater
12-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Troy of course. Woodley too. Hines on offense, washed up my ass!

Also a special game ball, to the front office, and maybe fate, for delivering us two good kickers when good kickers shouldn't be available.:high5:

zulater
12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
What backpedal????? I said at the beginning of the week that this game had "trap" written all over it, and that I felt they would have a letdown. I'm not backing off that - that's how I honestly felt coming off an emotional win. And early in the game, they were looking exactly like I had thought they would. They shook it off...well, the defense did anyway...and they won the game. I'm glad they did.

You were being honest, there's nothing wrong with doubting. Been there done that myself, but it makes you no less of fan.

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 04:22 PM
You were being honest, there's nothing wrong with doubting. Been there done that myself, but it makes you no less of fan.

I always get nervous when we play the Bengals because I know they always play us tough and give us their very best, so I always have nagging little bit of doubt in the back of my miond for Bengals games.
Unfortunately for them, the bar has been set absurdly low for "their best" this year. :chuckle:

Game ball...Troy and his roomie Carson.

BlastFurnace
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
With the way our offense scores FG's instead of TD's, there is honestly no team we...as fans...can honestly say without a doubt that we should win. It's an on-going issue with our offense. Why this team can't score nothing but FG's inside the red zone is maddening.

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
And on a side note, listening to the local cinci station on the way hime from the bar, Ken Broo, a Cinci sportscaster said that what the Steelers have that the Bengals do not is leadership. He said that Ben made a huge statement when he took off that face shield and that none of his teamsmates were going to let him down.

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/207264701.jpg?t=1292194503

venom
12-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Big Ben , Troy and Pouncey ( just because ) , lol

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/207264701.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1292194264&Signature=HpU7A39yjtTbLomFy7zn7OKc5QI%3D

lol is that from a real church?

Merchant
12-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Kapinos. Warren. and Battle.

Count Steeler
12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
To our outright leader on D, Troy. Good game Woodley. Good game WRs, but no TDs, no game balls.

Goats: O Line (should we bring back Russ Grimm?)

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
To our outright leader on D, Troy. Good game Woodley. Good game WRs, but no TDs, no game balls.

I like Kugler! Not his fault his 2 starting LT's are on IR and most of the linemen suck. I think he's doing good considering what we got. But damn, does the O-line play right now piss me off.

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 05:19 PM

EGADS - HELL NO!!! :horror:

Good game WRs, but no TDs, no game balls.

Several of our drives (and FG's) were kept alive by the outstanding catches of Hines, El, Brown and MW.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Yeah, right. Cards fans are even more fed up with him than they are with the Whiz. We need to stop waiting until the 5th round and later to pick up OL. Pouncey was a good start.

Moose
12-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Pretty easy for me to pick......GAME BALL to Troy---without him intercepting we lose. ( in my opinion). GAME GOAT --- to OFFENSE ---can't score a TD from within the 5 yrd line and you are a 1st place team !!!! LOL. ( again, my opinion ).

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah, right. Cards fans are even more fed up with him than they are with the Whiz. We need to stop waiting until the 5th round and later to pick up OL. Pouncey was a good start.

Yep. For the love of all that is good ... O-Line and CB early in the draft. :pray:
Although, hopefully, we'll have to just pick the BPA with pick #32. :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 05:29 PM
GAME GOAT --- to OFFENSE ---can't score a TD from within the 5 yrd line and you are a 1st place team !!!! LOL. ( again, my opinion ).

I think you should add the word "LINE" after "OFFENSE", Moose old buddy old pal. ;) The Steelers O was moving the ball fairly well until they got into the red zone (which has been fairly typical the last several years) and it's quite obvious who the achilles heel of that offense is - the turnstile whose assholes pucker up when they get inside the 20 YL.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
MUST WINE CAN NO LOSE!

Moose
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
LOL --- Hi HometownGirl !! Thanks, but ' NO THANKS'. I'm sticking with the OFFENSE word--plain and simple just for the reason you stated. They can play call their way ( usually) all the way down field....then CHOKE within the 5 or 10 yrd line. Pathetic. They can be 3 yrds away from score and often try passing plays, when we all know a 'sneak' could probably pick up the TD !! I'm sure Ben can call something if he wants, but he's getting that BA mentality. IF you are a 1st place team, playing at home, against a inferior team as the bungholes...you should have had TD's instead of 3 FG's. !!! Have you seen any of the N.E. game versus Chicago !!! I hate the 'cheaters', but they are a work of art !! Again, in my opinion. Luv ya Mar !!

BigNastyDefense
12-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Offense: Ben and the receivers

Defense: Troy and Woodley

Special Teams: Suishi

7SteelGal43
12-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Woodley - no doubt !

BPS3akaWirels3
12-12-2010, 05:56 PM
That would be Troy and LaMar for the INT

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
I think you should add the word "LINE" after "OFFENSE", Moose old buddy old pal. ;) The Steelers O was moving the ball fairly well until they got into the red zone (which has been fairly typical the last several years) and it's quite obvious who the achilles heel of that offense is - the turnstile whose assholes pucker up when they get inside the 20 YL.

As you said, our red zone offense has been typical the past several years. It doesn't matter whether we have a healthy O-line or a depleted one like we do now. The results are the same. Field goals. The Achilles heel is BA.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
As you said, our red zone offense has been typical the past several years. It doesn't matter whether we have a healthy O-line or a depleted one like we do now. The results are the same. Field goals. The Achilles heel is BA.

I'm with you bro. BA's offense can put up all the inane stats it wants, but as long as it's terrible in situational football: 3rd downs, red zone, short yardage (although we're better at short yardage now), then BA can kiss my ass.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Special Teams: Suishi

On that note, the new punter Kapinos did a pretty good job too.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 06:24 PM

The OL has been crap since about 2006 as well. Healthy or depleted, they're mediocre on their best day. When you get held to a FG over and over because your OL can't get enough push against even shitty run defenses to score from the 1-yard line, you got deeper problems than the OC.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
The OL has been crap since about 2006 as well. Healthy or depleted, they're mediocre on their best day. When you get held to a FG over and over because your OL can't get enough push against even shitty run defenses to score from the 1-yard line, you got deeper problems than the OC.

I agree, FS. Our O-line pretty much sucks even when it's healthy. But a good coach can take what he has and make it work. Look at what Belichick has done with New England's young and inexperienced defense this year. Several weeks ago, BA said he didn't feel the need to change his strategies based on injuries. This is insane. That's like saying it doesn't matter if you have Vick or Manning at QB ... you're going to run the same offense. No, you have to game plan and call your plays based on the talent of your players. BA's biggest weakness has always been situational play calling. And that weakness really gets exposed in the red zone.

BuddhaBus
12-12-2010, 06:55 PM
On that note, the new punter Kapinos did a pretty good job too.

I don't know.... why didn't we just sign Mitch Berger back? :sarcasm:

P.S.- Please do not shoot me! :yield:

st33lersguy
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Troy Polamalu, and Ben for being a warrior

steelpride12
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Guess that means she meant me too even though I was angry early, but was 100% supportive the rest of the game, oh well. Gotta give my game ball to Troy, 2 INT's one to tie the game up for a pick 6 and another to practically finish off the game, this guy even was injured after the first pick and kept playing!

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 07:31 PM
I agree, FS. Our O-line pretty much sucks even when it's healthy. But a good coach can take what he has and make it work. Look at what Belichick has done with New England's young and inexperienced defense this year. Several weeks ago, BA said he didn't feel the need to change his strategies based on injuries. This is insane. That's like saying it doesn't matter if you have Vick or Manning at QB ... you're going to run the same offense. No, you have to game plan and call your plays based on the talent of your players. BA's biggest weakness has always been situational play calling. And that weakness really gets exposed in the red zone.

Score on offense on pretty much every possession, taking the pressure off that young defense? On that note I would give my left nut for an OL that is HALF as good as the Pats'. However, I get what you're saying - I don't agree with a number of plays Arians calls, but I also think there is really only so many adjustments you can make when you have an OL that has Ben running for his life half the time when it's only facing a 3-man rush, never mind a 4-or-5-man rush or a blitz.

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
We need to stop waiting until the 5th round and later to pick up OL. Pouncey was a good start.

I agree 100%. None of our recent OL picks have worked out, except Pouncey. We gotta go OL early again in 2011.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Score on offense on pretty much every possession, taking the pressure off that young defense? On that note I would give my left nut for an OL that is HALF as good as the Pats'. However, I get what you're saying - I don't agree with a number of plays Arians calls, but I also think there is really only so many adjustments you can make when you have an OL that has Ben running for his life half the time when it's only facing a 3-man rush, never mind a 4-or-5-man rush or a blitz.

I don't think you and I are too far away in our thinking. And the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. :drink:

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think you and I are too far away in our thinking. And the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. :drink:

Agreed. :drink: The OL actually does block well every now and then, but is inconsistent. On the other hand, Arians calls some good plays, but others leave me scratching my head. It's maddening how little we score considering all the talent we have at the skill positions.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 07:53 PM

Pats defense sure as hell hasnt needed any pressure taken off of them the past 2 games.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Pats defense sure as hell hasnt needed any pressure taken off of them the past 2 games.

Sanchez and Cutler suck. :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
The Achilles heel is BA.

The Achilles heel is our OL. Other than Pouncey and the Hotel, they STINK.

You were bitching and moaning for more running this season and BA provided that and you're still B & M'ing Wally. The man did as you (and Art II) asked and it just isn't good enough. Hate is an ugly thing, buddy, and quite unhealthy.

salamander
12-12-2010, 08:52 PM
How can anyone honestly say that our offensive woes are solely BA's fault? I forgot that BA was out there letting the opposing D get to Ben untouched or letting the D stuff our running game. It's strictly BA's fault. How could I forget that? :rolleyes:

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM

You were bitching and moaning for more running this season and BA provided that and you're still B & M'ing Wally. The man did as you (and Art II) asked and it just isn't good enough. Hate is an ugly thing, buddy, and quite unhealthy.

WHOA!! Slow your roll there, HTG. Unlike some people, I can admit when I'm wrong or off track. This from another thread tonight:

Last season, I was one of the guys screaming that we need to get back to Steelers football (running). But at this point, I'd like to see us go no-huddle more often and even use more 4-receiver sets. We've got the best collection of receivers we've had since Thigpen, Hastings, Mills, et al. Let's use them.

It's not about running MORE. It's about knowing WHEN to run. And knowing WHEN to throw. And knowing when to call which play in which situation. It's about knowing how to get the most out of the talent you have. BA fails miserably in all of this. Did you notice how the Cowboys totally sucked when Wade was the coach, but yet the same team looks much better with Garrett at the helm? Why is that? It's the same players .... the only difference is the coach. :noidea:

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM
WHOA!! Slow your roll there, HTG. Unlike some people, I can admit when I'm wrong or off track. This from another thread tonight:

It's not about running MORE. It's about knowing WHEN to run. And knowing WHEN to throw. And knowing when to call which play in which situation. It's about knowing how to get the most out of the talent you have. BA fails miserably in all of this. Did you notice how the Cowboys totally sucked when Wade was the coach, but yet the same team looks much better with Garrett at the helm? Why is that? It's the same players .... the only difference is the coach. :noidea:

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. We're simply going to have to agree to disagree on BA and leave it at that, as I am not going to have any more of a hand in hijacking this thread into a bash BA thread.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. We're simply going to have to agree to disagree on BA and leave it at that, as I am not going to have any more of a hand in hijacking this thread into a bash BA thread.

No, not so fast. You tried calling me out as a hypocrite, which I don't appreciate. And I offered evidence that I wasn't. What's wrong with hijacking a thread that will be dead by tomorrow anyway? I don't recall "bashing" BA in this thread. I offered reasons as to why I think he's the problem with our red-zone offense. Not just this year, but every year since he's been OC. How is that "bashing"? I consider it debate. :noidea:

Texasteel
12-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I may be late to this party, but this was a very well called game. Most if not all the drives were stopped by a mistake or poor play, not the call. The runs helped to set up the passing game as it should. The first drive was stopped when Ben badly missed a WR that BA got wide open, and then the OL fouled up the next play. The OL spent the rest of the game with one good play and two or three poor ones. Even our hot shot rookie completely ignored a blitz to knock us our of FG range, BA did do that. I can understand that some just don't like BA but I think we need to keep this real.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
How can anyone honestly say that our offensive woes are solely BA's fault? I forgot that BA was out there letting the opposing D get to Ben untouched or letting the D stuff our running game. It's strictly BA's fault. How could I forget that? :rolleyes:

It's not all of his fault, he's just a big part of the problem. As long as we suck on 3rd down and in the redzone he can suck my jones :)

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
It's not all of his fault, he's just a big part of the problem. As long as we suck on 3rd down and in the redzone he can suck my jones :)

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

That is all.

Texasteel
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Again, I thought most of the failure tonight was do to poor play, or mistakes. I think you meant to say johnson, jones is the dick we have in dallas

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I may be late to this party, but this was a very well called game. Most if not all the drives were stopped by a mistake or poor play, not the call. The runs helped to set up the passing game as it should. The first drive was stopped when Ben badly missed a WR that BA got wide open, and then the OL fouled up the next play. The OL spent the rest of the game with one good play and two or three poor ones. Even our hot shot rookie completely ignored a blitz to knock us our of FG range, BA did do that. I can understand that some just don't like BA but I think we need to keep this real.

The Patriots put up 38 points against the hapless Bengals. The Saints put up 34. The Falcons put up 39. The BILLS put up 49. You mean to tell me we can't score ONE offensive touchdown? I can understand a missed block, a bad call, a bad play, a bad series ... but ZERO touchdowns against the worst team in the league? Are you kidding me? If this was one game, I wouldn't say a word. But this is a pattern with BA. And you can blame the O-line all you want, because in BA's own words, he will NOT alter what he does because of injuries. That's just stupidity ... that's just BA.

Amen. :drink:

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Again, I thought most of the failure tonight was do to poor play, or mistakes. I think you meant to say johnson, jones is the dick we have in dallas

Naw i said that right lol, it's just my lingo haha.

The Patriots put up 38 points against the hapless Bengals. The Saints put up 34. The Falcons put up 39. The BILLS put up 49. You mean to tell me we can't score ONE offensive touchdown? I can understand a missed block, a bad call, a bad play, a bad series ... but ZERO touchdowns against the worst team in the league? Are you kidding me? If this was one game, I wouldn't say a word. But this is a pattern with BA. And you can blame the O-line all you want, because in BA's own words, he will NOT alter what he does because of injuries. That's just stupidity ... that's just BA.

Music to my ears.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
It's a good thing we won ... or else we'd have some REAL bickering. :heh:

Texasteel
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM

Amen. :drink:

I'm telling you that when I see a QB completely miss a wide open WR, or a pass tipped at the line that is on its way to a wide open receiver, or a line that can not even slow down a blitz's, or 3 back to back holding calls, I am not going to start screaming about the OCs play calling. We had a couple drives that ate up a lot of time, but was stopped a poor play. To place all the blame at BAs feet is not right, or fair.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm telling you that when I see a QB completely miss a wide open WR, or a pass tipped at the line that is on its way to a wide open receiver, or a line that can not even slow down a blitz's, or 3 back to back holding calls, I am not going to start screaming about the OCs play calling. We had a couple drives that ate up a lot of time, but was stopped a poor play. To place all the blame at BAs feet is not right, or fair.

Ben's pass that was tipped at the LOS was a bad throw. It looked to me like it slipped out of his hand. That's on him ... it should have been a TD. But that's one play. See, I can criticize the players, now let me hear you criticize BA. :wink02:

steelerdude15
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Four game balls. One to Troy for coming up big and and having a pic six and another interception to seal the deal, Lamarr for his pic six, Shaun for once again coming through with all the field goals, and Ben for sticking in there even after taking all the late hits and being hurt.

Galax Steeler
12-13-2010, 03:19 AM
I have to give the game ball to Troy and Ben what a game they played.

stlrtruck
12-13-2010, 06:14 AM
Ben's pass that was tipped at the LOS was a bad throw. It looked to me like it slipped out of his hand. That's on him ... it should have been a TD. But that's one play. See, I can criticize the players, now let me hear you criticize BA. :wink02:

BA sucks...there you happy now Wally?

you can't say I didn't play along!

P.S - I'd like to see a different coordinator. With all these offensive weapons, even with a depleted line, we should have more production.

venom
12-13-2010, 07:09 AM
On a side note , I like it when Gay comes in on a blitz more than when he covers someone , lol

Texasteel
12-13-2010, 07:19 AM

I will answer this one more time and then will not hy-jack this thread further. You and I would not like our thread hy-jacked.

One play? I think you need to sharpen your penile and take a long look at the game.

BA IMO sometimes put to much faith in sub par players. I think that he can ask them to do something they may not be able to do. ( This is also a trait I have seen in LaBeau. ) Remember there are two people involved with the play calling. I myself believe that if Ben really didn't want to run a play he would not and the staff would not say a thing to him.

I do not think BA is Gods gift to the offense. I don't think an one does. I have said before that if he looses his job, so be it. How ever he has not so far, and until he does I am thinking that Mike must be happy, over all, with the job he is doing. I will not try to explain away any problems we may have on offense by crucifying the OC. Like I have said before, this is a God awful OL, BA did not draft or sign them.

I still think that the game last night was petty well called, both on offense, and defense.

Wallace108
12-13-2010, 08:06 AM
One play? I think you need to sharpen your penile and take a long look at the game.
I'm not so sure I want a sharp penile. :huh:

BA IMO sometimes put to much faith in sub par players. I think that he can ask them to do something they may not be able to do. ( This is also a trait I have seen in LaBeau. )
I've criticized LeBeau when I feel he's deserved it. But over the past few years, look at how many games our defense has been absolutely dominant. Since BA has been coordinator, how many games do you remember when our offense has been dominant and unstoppable? Our offense looks no different now than when we have all our starters on the O-line. Yeah, our starters aren't all that great either, but a good coach can get the best out of what he has to work with. Constantly blaming the O-line sounds like Obama constantly blaming Bush. At some point, you have to take responsibility and find a way to fix the problems.

I have said before that if he looses his job, so be it. How ever he has not so far, and until he does I am thinking that Mike must be happy, over all, with the job he is doing.
So as long as he's still our OC, we should put on cheerleader outfits and wave our pom-poms like a clueless homer? :cheer2: And if we can't bitch about him now, what good would it do to bitch about him after he's fired?

I still think that the game last night was petty well called, both on offense, and defense.
If you're content with being able to score only three field goals against one of the worst teams in the league, then so be it. :drink:

zulater
12-13-2010, 09:35 AM

:

:toofunny:

Me neither. :chuckle:

Texasteel
12-13-2010, 10:09 AM

I've criticized LeBeau when I feel he's deserved it. But over the past few years, look at how many games our defense has been absolutely dominant. Since BA has been coordinator, how many games do you remember when our offense has been dominant and unstoppable? Our offense looks no different now than when we have all our starters on the O-line. Yeah, our starters aren't all that great either, but a good coach can get the best out of what he has to work with. Constantly blaming the O-line sounds like Obama constantly blaming Bush. At some point, you have to take responsibility and find a way to fix the problems.

In fact there was a huge difference in the defensive line when the starters went down and at time we just could not get pressure on the QB. I'm surprised you didn't notice.

A good coach can get the best out of what he has to work with, but that doesn't mean that best is going to be very good. Thats like putting a VW in the Dayton 500 and thinking your going to win because you have it running the best you can. This line does in fact look much worse that when the starters went down, and they were not that good then. I'm also surprised you didn't notice that.

I'm not sure what the Obama, Bush statement meant, but if Bush was still in office he should be blamed.

So as long as he's still our OC, we should put on cheerleader outfits and wave our pom-poms like a clueless homer? :cheer2: And if we can't bitch about him now, what good would it do to bitch about him after he's fired?

The clueless homer remark is a little harsh don't you think. After all I didn't call you a mindless hater. It is obvious to me that the Steelers don't have the same opinion as you do, since BA still has a job. No one is interfering with you bitching about BA, just disagreeing with you.

If you're content with being able to score only three field goals against one of the worst teams in the league, then so be it. :drink:

I'm very completely content, not until we cut the punter because we just don't us him. I do how ever know the reality of the game. We are playing other very good teams. Even at 2-8 these team are professional teams and can win at any time. I also know that there are all sorts of reason a game or a play can go wrong. When you start with a bad line, its an uphill climb for an offense. Because I don't automatically go off on the OC does not mean I'm an idiot, as you may think. It means, I don't agree with you Wally, plain and simple.

If this is going to keep going, I wish someone would move it to its own thread, so we would stop ripping this one up.

ALLD
12-13-2010, 10:18 AM
#43 changed the momentum of the game with the pick6 and then closed the lid on the game with his second pick.

1stQ offense was bad and the defense played consistantly most of the game.

HometownGal
12-13-2010, 10:39 AM
If this is going to keep going, I wish someone would move it to its own thread, so we would stop ripping this one up.

We've had enough slice and dice BA threads around this place to last a lifetime and don't need any more. I have asked nicely that the hijacking stop and the thread be restored to its original intention. I'm not going to lock it down or delete posts if it continues but we really do have fractions of brain matter around here and have a pretty good idea of why this thread (and others recently) were hijacked and our staff refuses to play into it any longer.

I asked nicely and hopefully my wishes will be respected. If those wishes can't be respected, you're outing yourself as a :poop: stirrer imho and if that title makes you feel important, have at it.

Now - can we please get this thread back on track? Thanks. :drink:

vasteeler
12-13-2010, 10:55 AM
We've had enough slice and dice BA threads around this place to last a lifetime and don't need any more. I have asked nicely that the hijacking stop and the thread be restored to its original intention. I'm not going to lock it down or delete posts if it continues but we really do have fractions of brain matter around here and have a pretty good idea of why this thread (and others recently) were hijacked and our staff refuses to play into it any longer.

I asked nicely and hopefully my wishes will be respected. If those wishes can't be respected, you're outing yourself as a :poop: stirrer imho and if that title makes you feel important, have at it.

yes....hands down troy

Wallace108
12-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Wait a second, you and X-T were fighting in this thread like an old married couple. This thread was hijacked long before I got here. Meanwhile, me and FS were having a respectful debate about BA. The debate went well and ended well. It was over. And then you chimed in with this ...

You took a shot at me and so I defended myself. And now you're accusing ME of hijacking the thread and being a shit stirrer? OK, whatever ...
I'm done.

Oh, Game ball: Troy