PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Refs Suck

BlastFurnace
12-12-2010, 01:27 PM
The league has clearly stated that the opposing defenses can do anything they want against Ben.

If I'm Tomlin...I send my 53rd man on the roster and send him after a ref. Find a random play and just bulldoze him in the middle of the field. The league is clearly against the Steelers and Ben. I don't care if it's a million dollar fine.

The glory days of the NFL are over.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 01:29 PM
The real problem is the asswipe of a commissioner, not the refs.

The Duke
12-12-2010, 01:34 PM
The real problem is the asswipe of a commissioner, not the refs.

This

I don't (usually) blame the refs. They are doing the job goodell tells them to do. They are inconsistent, sure, but if goodell didn't have such shitty rules there wouldn't be so many issues

Nadroj 20
12-12-2010, 01:35 PM
It's so obvious too. Nobody can defend what these guys are doing to us. Refs make mistakes and miss calls but damn it they dont miss EVERY call. Not one penalty that should have ben called invovling ben getting hit was called. :censored:

BlastFurnace
12-12-2010, 01:35 PM
I don't agree. The refs are refusing to call anything when Ben gets hit. 3 times in that last drive alone. We can blame Goodell all we want...and he does deserve his share of blame...but the refs are outright doing the wrong thing on the field of play.

Brady would have received 3 flags alone on that last drive.

Buckinnuts
12-12-2010, 01:36 PM
how many times is this going to keep happening to Ben? they really suck.......Tomlin better be giving them an earful at half if not defense take it into your own hands but watch out we be penalized......all those late hits on Ben the hits to the helmet etc....... come on refs get your heads out of goodalls ass and play it straight!

BlastFurnace
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
how many times is this going to keep happening to Ben? they really suck.......Tomlin better be giving them an earful at half if not defense take it into your own hands but watch out we be penalized......all those late hits on Ben the hits to the helmet etc....... come on refs get your heads out of goodalls ass and play it straight!

The NFL is now the NBA. Nothing is on the up and up any longer. The refs just pick and choose what they want to call to keep games close.

solardave
12-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't agree. The refs are refusing to call anything when Ben gets hit. 3 times in that last drive alone. We can blame Goodell all we want...and he does deserve his share of blame...but the refs are outright doing the wrong thing on the field of play.

Brady would have received 3 flags alone on that last drive.

Probably 3 flags and one ejection for the hit to the head. Beyond ridiculous. Somewhere Linda Lovelace is saying "DAMN THESE REFS SUCK MORE THAN ME"!!!!

Butch
12-12-2010, 03:04 PM
We need to take the refs and Go To Hell and his henchmen down to Mamby Pamby land where maybe they can thrive!!! I didn't used to blame the refs but today I do and the raiders game as well.

Horse shit league!!!

st33lersguy
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
This is ridiculous, every NFL referee along with Adolf Goodell and his propaganda minister Ray Goebbels (Ray Anderson) should all be fired

SteelerFanInStl
12-12-2010, 03:12 PM
The NFL is now the NBA. Nothing is on the up and up any longer. The refs just pick and choose what they want to call to keep games close.

I agree. It's not even possible to honestly miss all of the personal fouls being committed against Ben.

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Yep the refs do not have an understanding of the rules and/or they do not apply them appropriately to all teams! Let marsha get hit like that and you'd have belecheat himself throwing the penalty flag.

steelreserve
12-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't really care that they're not calling roughing penalties against Ben. What pisses me off is that they DO call it when anyone touches one of the golden boy QBs.

With few exceptions, there should be no such thing as a late hit or roughing the passer.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm going to disagree here. I like the way the refs called the game today. Yes, Ben took some abuse and nothing was called, but there were a few hits on Palmer that I thought for sure would draw flags ... and they didn't throw them. I felt today's game was called fairly and more like a game should be called. :noidea:

O'Malley
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
I agree. It's not even possible to honestly miss all of the personal fouls being committed against Ben.

Especially since there is a ref right behind him and that is one of his only duties!

O'Malley
12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm going to disagree here. I like the way the refs called the game today. Yes, Ben took some abuse and nothing was called, but there were a few hits on Palmer that I thought for sure would draw flags ... and they didn't throw them. I felt today's game was called fairly and more like a game should be called. :noidea:

The first hit on Palmer was a good one. Woodley laid the wood, maybe a little late.:uhoh: But the rest of the game was a one sided flag fest and IMO was called horrilbly.:poop:

Edman
12-12-2010, 04:10 PM
You should've seen the ridiculous robbery up in Chicago.

Only time I've ever seen a non-fumble suddenly become a fumble.

Wallace108
12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
The first hit on Palmer was a good one. Woodley laid the wood, maybe a little late.:uhoh: But the rest of the game was a one sided flag fest and IMO was called horrilbly.:poop:

I need to rewatch it, but there was one play where three of our guys all got to Palmer kinda late and hit him pretty good. I thought for sure a flag was coming. As far as all the flags, you can't blame the refs because our O-line sucks and can't block without holding.

Godfather
12-12-2010, 05:02 PM
We need to use the 53rd man to light up anyone who cheap shots one of our players.

If we see the Pats* again, someone needs to break James Sanders' jaw.

If we see the Ratbirds again, break Ngata's nose.

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
If Ben were laying on the field receiving the last rights, the refs may throw a flag.....for delay of game.

smokin3000gt
12-12-2010, 05:09 PM
I can't believe that at least twice Ben threw the ball, receiver damn near caught it and he still got hit without a flag for late hit.

Slanted August
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
My biggest gripe is the inconsistency from series to series, game to game, week to week. Yes, I can be guilty of black and gold glasses but there were text book holds on the Steelers D and only one call I think. Meanwhile I am not in disagreement with the hold calls on the Steelers except you have to call it both ways.

fansince'76
12-12-2010, 05:16 PM
My biggest gripe is the inconsistency from series to series, game to game, week to week. Yes, I can be guilty of black and gold glasses but there were text book holds on the Steelers D and only one call I think. Meanwhile I am not in disagreement with the hold calls on the Steelers except you have to call it both ways.

I couldn't agree more. Yeah, our OL holds - a LOT, but I see just as many plays where Harrison is damn near tackled and no goddamn flag is thrown. THAT pisses me off.

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Though it pisses me off to no end that there are no calls on the cheap shots Ben and other Steelers have dealt with the past couple of games, I don't totally blame the refs. They are Goodell's puppets and follow his edicts to the letter, as they have families to feed and don't want to lose their jobs. I don't know what the solution is and I hope during the offseason, Goodumbell and the owners sit down and hash it all out and if he doesn't agree to return the game to what it was intended to be, he finds his scrawny ass on the outside looking in.

Dino 6 Rings
12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Good teams win even if the calls go against them or they dont get "the calls"

Doesn't bother me at all. the 9 Penalties that were called against US for Holding, Offsides, Defensive Pass Interference are the type of penalties that could cost a team a playoff game. Got to get those type of penalties straightened out. If we get a 15 yarder for knocking someone's teeth down there throat...so be it.

BPS3akaWirels3
12-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I will finally be apart of this bashing... The NFL ref's are truly a joke... They are told NOT to call penalties in favor of the Steelers..

SMR
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I will finally be apart of this bashing... The NFL ref's are truly a joke... They are told NOT to call penalties in favor of the Steelers..

'Bout time you joined in. :heh:

BigNastyDefense
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Though it pisses me off to no end that there are no calls on the cheap shots Ben and other Steelers have dealt with the past couple of games, I don't totally blame the refs. They are Goodell's puppets and follow his edicts to the letter, as they have families to feed and don't want to lose their jobs. I don't know what the solution is and I hope during the offseason, Goodumbell and the owners sit down and hash it all out and if he doesn't agree to return the game to what it was intended to be, he finds his scrawny ass on the outside looking in.

I would agree with you if calling NFL games was these guys main source of income, but it's pretty well known that NFL officials are "part-time" and have lucrative jobs, many of them being lawyers. Officiating is closer to a hobby for these guys than a job, and that's a big part of the problem, IMHO.

Pete The Greek
12-12-2010, 08:19 PM
What a surprise. The refs turn the blind eye to the two late hits on Ben. I don't care what the NFL says. The refs are being influenced by the commish to enforce two sets of QB rules.

Texasteel
12-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I kinda lost it during the Game Day Thread so I think I will sit this one out. I will however say that I blame GODell more than I blame anyone else. It is his responsibility to protect the integrity of this game, and he is not. He would have to look the meaning of the work up before he could protect it.

Wheelz
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Watching the Cowboys/Iggles game right now, and Vick just got hit out of bounds and he went flying 10 yards deep into his own bench. No call on Dallas.

If that had been Tom Brady, there would be a paddy wagon on the field. Point is, it seems to be that any remotely athletic QB is exempt from the illegal contact rules.

However, they just called a marginal call on Dallas for a seemingly clean hit on Vick, so maybe the refs were evening it up, like in hockey. It's a sad state of affairs, for sure.

tube517
12-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Don't worry, there will be a fine.

I need to rewatch it, but there was one play where three of our guys all got to Palmer kinda late and hit him pretty good. I thought for sure a flag was coming. As far as all the flags, you can't blame the refs because our O-line sucks and can't block without holding.

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 09:39 PM
This is why our offense is going to have to score a multitude of points in the playoffs. To simply have enough points to be the team we play and the refs. I expect these calls to get worse in the playoffs, and that's when it's going to cause a great problem.