PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Rituals / Superstitions

VTsteel
12-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Just curious what the rest of Steelers Nation does to help ensure the Steelers win each week?

Me, I always wear my favorite jersey (authentic Polamalu road jersey) and make sure both of my kids wear theirs. But here's the superstition: I never wash them after a win . . . (wouldn't want to risk washing away the "good juju") - They only get the "bad juju" washed out after a loss.

So, what rituals / superstitions do you all do to help ensure we win?

tube517
12-12-2010, 09:35 AM
2005: Started in the Chicago game. Wore my Jerome Bettis jersey through the entire 8 game run.
2006: Wore the jersey every game and it didn't work for anything.
2007: Sporadically wore jersey and Steelers sweatshirts and it didn't work.
2008: Wore my white Ben jersey every game and they won it all.
2009: Wore my Woodley and Troy jerseys and it didn't work
2010: Didn't wear any jerseys so far and will not wear any until the end of the year. I'm afraid if I wear one it will jinx the team.

I usually have a black Terrible Towel on my shoulder for the whole game.

Doc
12-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Pick a jersey and stick with it....but this year appears to be my little 8mo old in her pink Steelers jersey thats doing the trick!

TheRuneMeister
12-12-2010, 09:54 AM
For me its simple. Whatever snack i have prepared (nachos, chips'n'dip etc), can't be touched before kick-off. No cheating. Once the ball is in the air, the snacks are fair game, and another Steelers win is in the bag.

Bluecoat96
12-12-2010, 10:56 AM
My wife is not allowed to watch the game in the same room with me. She's either bad luck for the Steelers when she's in there, or she doesn't want to hear me act like an ass should something go wrong during the game. I'm not sure which is the case.

VTsteel
12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I just thought of another . . .

I have a very nice Steelers Coffee mug that is to only be used on Sunday's. It's my "Steelers Sunday MoJo mug" -

Doc
12-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Strange but true note, little Prairie slept through the 1st quarter....I went in and woke her up...

VTsteel
12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Strange but true note, little Prairie slept through the 1st quarter....I went in and woke her up...

Thank you - I'm sure she's cute enough to not need the beauty sleep

Devilsdancefloor
12-12-2010, 04:09 PM
this year i picked my potsie home jesery and have stuck with it plus i have to have 4 terrible towels on my fat man recliner . plus i have to have a grilled Peanut butter sammich with pringles

venom
12-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I always wear a Steelers t-shirt or sweater on the Friday before a game . On gameday , I wear my Steelers hat ( the one that Tomlin wears ) .