PDA

View Full Version : First-round bye critical to Smith's return

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 06:57 AM
By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, December 12, 2010

Today will show whether the Steelers paid more than just lip service last week to not taking a two-win team lightly.

Lose to the free-falling Bengals, and the Steelers squander the considerable gains they made with their Bloody Sunday win in Baltimore.

As it stands now they hold a one-game lead in the AFC North over the Ravens, as well as the advantage in key tiebreakers.

If the Steelers can protect their home field -- and beat the teams they are supposed to -- over the last quarter of the season they will win a third division title in four years under coach Mike Tomlin.

They also figure to secure no worse than a No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs.

That would earn them a first-round bye and at least one playoff game at Heinz Field.

Just as significant to their hopes of making a run at a seventh Super Bowl title: it would buy extra time for injured defensive end Aaron Smith....................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_713414.html

LLT
12-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I would love to see Aaron back in the roatation this year!!! Here's to hoping that the Steelers take care of business today not only in regards to the playoff scenerios....but because I do soooooo enjoy a good Bungal spanking!!!

HometownGal
12-12-2010, 07:34 AM
I'd love nothing more than to see Aaron back for the playoffs but I think we need to place all of our focus on the games at hand each week which are crucial in getting us to that first round bye. :tt02:

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 07:55 AM
The BYE week isn't just going to benefit Smith, it's going to benefit the rest of the beat up players that need a rest, that need to heal. A rested defense and healed up offense could prove to be the downfall of the rest of the teams.

Count Steeler
12-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Let's just take care of business. Bengals beat us twice last year, it is our time to return the favor.

Psycho Ward 86
12-12-2010, 08:59 AM
YES. I've been talking about this. That 1st round bye for us is detrimental!

The Duke
12-12-2010, 11:37 AM
No more injuries and it's a given we'll have the big guy back with us

stay healthy guys! We need aaron!