PDA

View Full Version : Steelers leading division against odds

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 06:46 AM
Sunday, December 12, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201008/wardhed0901_500.jpg
Matt Freed/Post-Gazette
Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward on preseason predictions for the AFC North: "Everyone was picking the Bengals and Ravens."

For a city that averages approximately 60 cloudless days a year, dark skies on the horizon are nothing out of the ordinary. But it is when leaden clouds are hovering above the Steelers.

A storm was brewing long before they would even get to training camp in late July, and at its center was a four-game suspension handed to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for violating the National Football League's personal conduct policy. But also swirling among the debris was the release of their top receiver and former Super Bowl XLIII MVP, Santonio Holmes, and a season-ending injury to their best offensive lineman, Willie Colon.

It was not the ideal way to begin after a season in which the Steelers not only failed to defend their Super Bowl XLIII title, they missed the playoffs with a 9-7 record that was largely attributable to a five-game losing streak.

"Everyone was picking the Bengals and Ravens," said wide receiver Hines Ward. "Not having our quarterback, losing Santonio, losing Willie Colon and stuff like that, it didn't look good. I wouldn't have picked us, either."

That, though, was just the beginning........................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10346/1109887-66.stm

Galax Steeler
12-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Goes to show you what a team effort will do for you. It seems like they have come together and played hard when they needed to.

stillers4me
12-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Every week, someone new and unexpected becomes the hero of the game. Nice......

ALLD
12-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Not to mention there is a league agenda of implementing fines and penalties against the team.

stlrtruck
12-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Every week, someone new and unexpected becomes the hero of the game. Nice......

Exactly. When you have a TEAM, it doesn't matter who does it, just that someone does do it. The first 4 games (yes even though we lost to the ratbirds late in the game) the defense played hero. The offense stepped it up for game 3 in Tampa, then it just seemed every week after the BYE week, our players found a way to make it happen.

This week, I'd like to see a few back breaking plays early against the bungals. Three on offense, two on defense, and one on special teams. This is my pre-pre Christmas wish!

venom
12-12-2010, 07:54 AM
North Division: Despite their second half problems in 2009, the Bengals will repeat as AFC North champions. It is true that Baltimore got offensive help during the offseason. Donté Stallworth and Anquan Boldin should function well with Joe Flacco. However, the presence of Terrell Owens will help Carlson Palmer and Cedric Benson to mix it better than last year. The Browns should improve with Jake Delhomme, but not enough to matter. Concerning the Steelers, they need to start rebuilding, now.

I got that from a website . I dont remember the sites name but Its a funny one